Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tonight is Ring of Honor's biggest show of the year, Final Battle! Here's the card:

Your main event of the century. In one of the greatest underdog angles in modern professional wrestling, the old veteran Brutal Bob Evans turned on his protege, the young emaciated Cheeseburger. They've put each other through tables but who will come out on top in this titular Final Battle?

Roderick Strong handed Jay Lethal his first real loss in 18 months. Bobby Fish is well-groomed and he's coming for that belt. This could wind up being the match of the night, the finest battle!

I'm rooting for the burly men in what is sure to be The Kingdom's titular Final Battle

Big Moose or Big Mike? This isn't advertised as a #1 contender's match but it might as well be. These athletic big men will hurl each other around the ring and dazzle you with feats of surprising agility. Shoutout to Big Stoke, AKA Escobar Bundles, AKA Ramon, AKA Final Battle

Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly have a storied rivalry in several promotions. Things were turning around when Cole came back from injury, however. This turned out to be a ruse and he cost Kyle his chances at the world title and their blood feud reignited like never before. Last time they went at each other Kyle made Adam's face explode. Who knows what could happen this time? Could it be their titular Final Battle?

they're gonna do a bunch of spots and the young bucks just signed a fat contract so they're winning. FINAL BATTLE

The Addiction and Chris Sabin made a splash earlier this year when they were revealed asked the masked men behind The Knights of the Rising Dawn. Things derailed for them a bit when Chris Sabin injured his knee again, but he's back now. ACH and Sydal have been screwed by them one too many times in the past so they found help, Alex Shelly! Chris Sabin's old tag team partner. Something Something Final Battle

If Brutal Bob vs Cheeseburger is the feud of the century than this is the feud of the millennium. Silas Young won control? ownership? bird rights? to Dalton Castle's Boys and that's left poor Dalton in a slump. He seeks redeFinal Battlemption for them, for himself, and for the low quality of the match he had with Silas last time they wrestled.

also appearing:

- Jerry Lynn
- AJ Styles
- Ring of Honor World Champion Jay Lethal

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The show is available on PPV, iPPV, through the Flips app, and PS4 users can buy it through the live events app with a 20% discount for PS+ subscribers. I don't know about an equivalent service or deal on XBone i do not own one

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I haven't followed ROH over the last few years but I think I might bite the bullet and give this a watch. Cole vs O'Reilly alone should be worth the price of entry

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Not gettin the feels for this card for some reason.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm working the late shift tonight so I'm gonna miss this. Disappointed because the card looks great.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That card does not look very good and I probably won't watch it but I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to just say that I love cum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm gonna miss this one unfortunately, I hope AJ Styles doesn't cripple himself :ohdear:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

here's some promos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OJjIuOSPEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70g0BXJGwrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNfDYxJCsDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIpIpMxjlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO2lhR85cGM lol rhett titus "tell 'em daaaaawg"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
ring of honor start your drat cards at not 9 pm come on`

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
last card i watched all the way through was best in the world because i had tickets and by "watched all the way through" i mean desperately jockeyed for a spot to watch it live in the rafters while my friends all left because you couldn't see poo poo. i'm really full on barbecue though so i might order anyway

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Golashes posted:

last card i watched all the way through was best in the world because i had tickets and by "watched all the way through" i mean desperately jockeyed for a spot to watch it live in the rafters while my friends all left because you couldn't see poo poo. i'm really full on barbecue though so i might order anyway

aw man you shoulda found me and Young Pageviews who were also up in the rafters

I managed to get a good view that involved me having to lean at a 30 degree angle like Michael Jackson the whole time

I won't be able to catch this live cuz of a concert, but how much is the replay going to be? I also haven't watched RoH since BITW :v:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VOD should cost whatever the iPPV does. What concert are you going to

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

abraham linksys posted:

aw man you shoulda found me and Young Pageviews who were also up in the rafters

I managed to get a good view that involved me having to lean at a 30 degree angle like Michael Jackson the whole time

I won't be able to catch this live cuz of a concert, but how much is the replay going to be? I also haven't watched RoH since BITW :v:

yeah by bullet club/kingdom i was able to get an ok spot cause i was alone. next time it isn't at t5 for sure tho

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I have arrived at the Sinclair Zone and am ready to have a Final Battle with my fellow patrons for a good view

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Well, i'm excited. ROH ROH ROH!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Golashes posted:

yeah by bullet club/kingdom i was able to get an ok spot cause i was alone. next time it isn't at t5 for sure tho

I was at that show too. Man Terminal 5 sucked. BITW though was awesome.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

oatgan posted:

VOD should cost whatever the iPPV does. What concert are you going to

Perfect Pussy with Guerilla Toss opening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO8NGBHf-Uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4YuekVuNY

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

perfect pussy rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just ordred the ippv AND i got my 15 of PBR ready AND my hype levels are approaching maximum!

Lets go Lethal

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Honestly, i'm the most stoked right now for Castle VS Young,

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im most excited for Fish/Roddy but the plight of the boys speaks to me on a deeper emotional level

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

oatgan posted:

im most excited for Fish/Roddy but the plight of the boys speaks to me on a deeper emotional level

This but unironicly

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm not being ironic!

the ps4 live event viewer stream is working great so far fwiw

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

oatgan posted:

i'm not being ironic!

the ps4 live event viewer stream is working great so far fwiw

Oh, sorry :glomp:

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
Lol, I just got to the Arena, get ready for some rally sticks tonight!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Goldaline posted:

Lol, I just got to the Arena, get ready for some rally sticks tonight!

Ehh, could be worse. Could be vuvuzelas. Or a bunch of assholes surfing around a banner big enough to block the view of everyone sitting behind them.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I will be watching Ring of Honor Final Battle tonight at 9pm.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

DALTON CASTLE ON MY TV *SQUEAL*

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dalton castle's pre-show promo is top notch

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

taeler hendrix :swoon:

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
Also they got a nice new titantron, buy it keeps glitching out...

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Wait, I think I missed it. Did ROH ever show Cheeseburger VS Brutal Bob on Youtube?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello i am logged on and ready for honor

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait, I think I missed it. Did ROH ever show Cheeseburger VS Brutal Bob on Youtube?

no it sounded like they were going to stream it for free before the show but maybe they were just taping it to upload later? I dunno their online presence is extremely embarrassing for a company their size

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahahaahahaha

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nailed it, crowd work guy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

good speech, bobby

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007