Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Chat about wasting rebel Resistance scum and discuss the new BT-16. Remember OPSEC: if you know where that Skywalker guy is, keep that poo poo hush-hush or you'll never get transferred off this loving rock.

e: To clarify, there are spoilers ahead. Stay alert, stay alive, Stormtrooper.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I recall he mentioned that he was taken from his family, so I think it's safe to assume that we're back to old-school stormtroopers who aren't all clones anymore. Plus, the chrome-plated stormtrooper was a chick, and I think there was at least one other white-helmeted foe with a feminine voice.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

^^^ this, also

That part seems to have been glossed over in the new movie. Connecting some dots between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens:

Post-Return of the Jedi: The Rebellion, after killing the Emperor and blowing up Death Star 2.0, set up a new government, the New Republic. Blowing up Death Star 2.0 obviously didn't wipe out the entirely of the old Empire, so the dudes left reorganized and wound up becoming the First Order, the fancy new enemy for the New Republic. The New Republic needs somebody to fight these space baddies, so Leia gets put in charge of the effort to combat the First Order, called the Resistance. Why they're called the "Resistance" when they could have just been like, I don't know, the Republic Fleet or something sensible, I don't know.

During The Force Awakens: The capital of the New Republic, the planet Hosnian Prime in this new movie, gets smoked by Death Star 3.0. Thus, the New Republic was essentially created and destroyed without any real screen time.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Pretty much. Star Wars is a cash cow, even when you try to gently caress it up like Lucas.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Kyle Katarn is still canon in my heart.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Petition to rename GiP to "Captain Napalm's Thermonuclear League of Liberty."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

YESSS

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I found out yesterday that there is an apparently high quality fan edit of the original trilogy that restores them to their pre-special edition and Lucas fuckery glory called the Despecialized edition. Had it download last night, so I'll give a trip report once I have the chance to watch 'em through.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Here's one for all you gun blaster nerds:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/18/ballistic-mandalorian-armor/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

And that's why I steer clear of anything Disney. People who are into Disney... something's not right, up there.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Lightsabers can't melt blasteel doors.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Pro click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Jesus

• Locked thread