Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Movie was rad. Gonna go pour one out on the curb for my road dog Han Solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah Finn was awesome. I just about died when BB8 returned his thumbs up during the scene in the Falcon.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

That whole exchange between the two of them was rad tbqh.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Wait, what? So those weren't just random planets that they blew up? If so, that's lol as gently caress. "oh hay guys our capital just blew up but we're not even gonna mention it."

I suspect they're saving a lot of the details of the Republic for books/comics/games.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I'm really hoping for a KOTOResque game set right after the Battle of Endor that deals with the collapse of the Empire and the formation of the new Republic. :pray:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

Poe Dameron was baller as gently caress.

I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something fishy about that guy.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Analogical posted:

Like his magical survival and escape from Jakku that is quickly given a one-line throw away.

That was most of it, plus his ability to fly and fight a TIE instantly. Though if he was some sort of First Order double agent it would be really dumb for him to destroy their superweapon and most of their military just to keep his cover.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

E: in empire he never shoots his bowcaster, just a storm trooper rifle

Um, he totally pickles a few shots off at some mynoks when they're in the asteroid worm monster.
:goonsay:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I had his death spoiled by a Lego catalog that came out right after the first trailer. Though I did spend the last year hoping I was wrong. :(

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Godholio posted:

Wait, what?

They had an ad for the new Millennium Falcon set that came with like every other good-guy character except Han and mentioned one of them as the Falcon's "pilot". Knowing that Lego has a history of spoiling movies (like Iron Man 3) my spider sense tingled.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

They must have changed it because Han's in the new Falcon set.

Yeah, they must have at some point.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

My guess is that the Empire fractured into a bunch of different factions, the First Order being one of them. Each of these factions still controls a sizable region of space based on what the various Moffs and govenors could hold with the forces left under their control. The Resistance is the arm of the New Republic military that operates in these Imperial Remnant states and tries to foment and support continued rebellions until all of the factions crumble.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

It's hard to make economic assumptions about a universe where automated labor is as sophisticated as it is in SW. For all we know the Empire sent a bunch of worker droids to start terraforming the Starkiller 50 or 60 years ago.

Also, based on the look of the planet, it's reasonable to assume that most of the material and energy came from inside the planet itself rather then having to be imported from other places.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Starkiller was probably a small fraction of the cost of Death Star II.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

ded posted:

holy crap what a horrible villain. waa waa something didn't go my way i'm going to have a tantrum!!!!!!!!!!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

McNally posted:

Only motherfucker to escape from BOTH Death Stars

Excuse me, you are clearly forgetting Wedge Antillies.
:goonsay:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I have fun in Korea, but it peaks at about five days. After that I just want to get the gently caress out. The countryside is beautiful though.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

That's a very attractive woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I'mma just gonna leave this here.

• Locked thread