Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

you just breeze through it like no biggie. Mac Tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
paradox feels...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is this the Mac gaming thread? Marathon owned.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dwarf fortress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when you try to tell a friend a game you like is cool but have no idea how they could get into it like you did

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

when you try to tell a friend a game you like is cool but have no idea how they could get into it like you did
It's fun to watch your friends learn to play games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

my friend bought bloodborne and he just can't seem to get into it... hes been playing fallout4 like a mad man, however

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bolverkur posted:

my friend bought bloodborne and he just can't seem to get into it... hes been playing fallout4 like a mad man, however

i stop by my friend's place from time to time and play it while he watches. he's never done a souls game before and it's really easy to impress him with gun parries and poo poo.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mm. This game looks like total crap but I bet after a few hours... Oh hell yeah... Just knowing what the gently caress is up...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

my old roommate had never gamed ever and wanted to try it out after watching me play so much so we gave him Shadow of the Colossus and it took him 3 hours to beat the first colossus. That was kind of excrutiating and he didnt enjoy it, cest la vie

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

my old roommate had never gamed ever and wanted to try it out after watching me play so much so we gave him Shadow of the Colossus and it took him 3 hours to beat the first colossus. That was kind of excrutiating and he didnt enjoy it, cest la vie

As awesome as Shadow of the Collossus is, I feel like it really sucks rear end for a first game, because it basically requires you to already understand PS2 platformer games to enjoy it. IMO.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I downloaded FTB: Inifinity modpack after watching Bacon_Donut's stream last night and this was my experience.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

I downloaded FTB: Inifinity modpack after watching Bacon_Donut's stream last night and this was my experience.

lmao Awesome.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Every time I think I'm gonna play EVE again I boot it up and start the tutorial and think "man This is gonna kick rear end when I know what everything does" then after about an hour I just kinda uninstall it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

As awesome as Shadow of the Collossus is, I feel like it really sucks rear end for a first game, because it basically requires you to already understand PS2 platformer games to enjoy it. IMO.

The minimalist UI and game aspects I thought would be a nice introduction, since it's not like you have to be flipping through menus and stat pages and junk, and there's only 2 meters to worry about. But really, in retrospect, I should have booted up Super Mario World

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the best beginner games are the super mario series. new super mario is also good because you can play co op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Steve Austin voice] Oh hell. Yeauh.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[Bjork voice] Sky car body
Sky car brake lights glow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I encountered a similar feel today playing R.A.D.: Robot Alchemic Drive, but instead of a baffling GUI it was a baffling control scheme that I'm starting to get a grasp on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember thinking the demo for RAD was freaking unbelievable but never seeked out the game itself.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elite has this feel

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

elite has this feel

I dunno, I had it figured out pretty much right off.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah i guess with elite its more like getting the hang of piloting the ship than the actual interface which is pretty intuitive

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The Steam controller is the physical embodiment of this concept.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess ClaDun X2 is like this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Doctor Goat posted:

The Steam controller is the physical embodiment of this concept.

lol

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Except Portal

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Red Suit posted:

Except Portal
That's still fun unless you're a weirdo who can't watch people fail.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My dad sometimes plays SSX or a Lego Series game and he goes buckwild in the chair, it's loving funny to see. Like he'll turn his head to look around and kick his legs and poo poo, lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's still fun unless you're a weirdo who can't watch people fail.

Im that weirdo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The cursed irony is that im a failure

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My dad sometimes plays SSX or a Lego Series game and he goes buckwild in the chair, it's loving funny to see. Like he'll turn his head to look around and kick his legs and poo poo, lmfao

lmfao

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

give him a mario kart

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

[Bjork voice] Sky car body
Sky car brake lights glow
Tales of Vespertine

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Tales of Vespertine
The lyrics to Cocoon, but delivered by a c-list voice actress in an animated skit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xenoblade Chronicles X is doing this to me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is doing this to me.

It overwhelmed me on the first 2 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump.

• Locked thread