Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eej posted:

Pretty sure it's safe to call any of the Royal Guards "it" but the real question is whether Kite is a girl or a boy

Pre-Death Kite was male, his new chimera ant body or whatever is female.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Weren't nen users that were eaten by the queen reincarnated as ants? Of course not all of them remembered their former lives.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eej posted:

I want to say this only happened if their brains were intact on death but I might be making that up. Considering Kite was the last Hunter turned into an Ant by the Queen though, Pokkle ain't coming back.

Huh? Didn't Pokkle die well before Kite even got there?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Genocyber posted:

I think that bit is probably in reference to the fear people had that radiation was contagious in that way.

Well, it kinda is if it's had contact with your clothes or skin. Radiation sickness itself can't be passed on though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Chrollo was just terrible with his ability during his fight against Zeno and Silva, all he did was wave it around a bit and then he ended up shelving his book because it didn't do jack poo poo for him.

To be fair he wasn't trying to win, he was just buying time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

Looking through the official release now and the two parts I checked were Salkov telling Theta "don't look at it" rather than "don't look" which makes more sense. A bigger change imo is what she says at the end makes her intentions far clearer.

Fan translation: "I... I have no choice" which I kind of thought sounded like she was saying she had no choice but to answer him but that could just be me.

Official: "I have to put a stop to this, I'm the only one who can" which is much clearer and thematically fits.

So she's going to try to kill Prince T but get killed by his nen monster, and he'll figure out nen from there(after being hit with it)?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
One thing I've never really liked about the restrictions/penalty system with nen is that then a common strategy should be to avoid driving a nen user into a corner, since then they might just give up their life for a massive power boost. Is the idea that only really talented people can do it on command?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Speed Scan for Hunter. Have no idea of its quality as I have not read it yet.

https://imgur.com/a/lEmKi#AT7tx2w

The translation seems fine to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Unfortunately due to the way the war works I don't think pardoning the lower princes is going to be possible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Son of Rodney posted:

drat how long has kurapila been in emperor time now? That's gotta hurt his life expecteny.

Also chrollo sadmad about hisoka, haha

Maybe half a day at most? Which is still 5 years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Party Prince is surprisingly buff as hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I will shot the aura!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

Uvogin and Franklin too.

I don't see how Hisoka could really do anything against Uvogin. Seems like a hard counter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like "really big tough dude" is someone Hisoka has tons of experience dealing with.

Yeah but would Hisoka even be able to pierce Uvogin's skin with his cards? Or even be fast enough to overcome Uvogin's ridiculous reflexes?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair the Chimera ant Arc is very power levels.

Literally.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tweet my meat posted:

She saw something strangling her and they deduced it was a clone that did it. The clone's face is hidden and they never outright state that the clone couldn't be an animal in a suit that is similar in shape to a human. Goreinu was also, rather suspiciously, nowhere to be found while she was being killed.

Goreinu's gorillas are emission, so normal people shouldn't be able to see them. Though this is a bit of a strange case since it's a woman who has a temporary nen power observing through a cockroach.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"Hey let me know when you're free after murdering my master"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hate-Senpai posted:

This might explain how Kurapika intends to teach everyone nen in 2 weeks, maybe?

On the other hand given the drawbacks of his Dolphin I'm probably wrong.

Yeah I'm guessing he'll activate everyone's Nen and then spend the 2 weeks teaching them the basics of controlling it.
I wonder how his dolphin will work on a person who already has Nen though...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You're not supposed to know who it is. The idea is that one of the characters introduced this chapter was saying that but we don't know who.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Whooping Crabs posted:

I don't think people are going to be trained for the two weeks. poo poo is going to hit the fan before then.

The last few chapters have covered a matter of hours.

Well yeah I just mean that's his plan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"Soon"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pewdiepie posted:

Seems legit. I myself think that Gon will end up with a different type of nen.

Given all he's went through Specialization doesn't seem out of the question.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

There's a character in MHA who can control people and the trigger for it is if he asks them something and they respond, but it can be broken by a shove from someone else. It's a pretty insanely good power but you're kind of hosed as soon as people know how it works, that's what Cammy's power is like. I don't think she has another trick up her sleeve for Benjamin. I think whichever poster said her power rules as long as people do as she wants (which is her defining characteristic) was right on the money.

And yet the main protagonist still falls for it even after he knows how it works :laugh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Turin Turambar posted:

The problem with Tubepa and Luzarus is that they took the short stick and Togashi has dedicated to them the least amount of time to them, which may indicate they won't play a big role in the arc... because they will die soon.

Yeah it was really weird that their beasts were suddenly explained for no reason. Makes me think they or their beasts won’t be relevant.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The weirdest part is he shouldn't know his nen beast's power so it I don't understand how it would ever work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That person could see it because they were "possessed" by it. That's why I think the user is the maid with her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't it just so it can draw attention and give an opportunity for the snakes to kill someone? And only letting 1 person see it helps create confusion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Heck wasn't Kurapika of ambiguous gender for a long time?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some spoilers are out and it's like Togashi is reading the thread.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Thinking about it, I love that Hisoka's particular brand of insanity is so well known that Illumi can just show up in the middle of the Phantom Troupe's high-alert death watch for him and be like "Hisoka's my best friend, but also kind of wants to kill me, so he hired me to kill him and that's why I'm joining up with you lot." and no one thinks it's suspicious.

With any other two characters that would sound like an obvous set-up for a double agent, but with Hisoka and Illumi everyone in story and out just accepts it instantly as something they'd do.

I mean, has Hisoka ever actually lied outside of combat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he will probably just say the number of surviving princes without going into detail about who died. that'd really shake things up.

Everyone will probably just assume Marayam is dead since he seems to have disappeared.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well an automatic Nen beast bodyguard is the most believable way for an amateur like Tse to compete with more experienced Nen users.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So here’s a fun theory: Instead of being a ridiculous Nen genius, what if Tserriednich is faking it and knew Nen from the beginning? I can’t really think of a reason why he would do this though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also using Gyo isn’t “free”, you’re using aura that could be covering other parts of your body.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mangastream's translation is a bit better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think the power is from his nen beast he conjured? Or is that a separate ability?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only problem I see with that is that it was total coincidence that no nen users were in eyesight of the door. If they were, they'd see the arrow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers are out and I hope you guys are ready for even more characters!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The last thing that happened was the 6th Prince awakened his bullshit nen ability that required a whole chapter to explain right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Doesn't he own all the rights to HunterXHunter too?