Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

everybody's gonna say he made you caremad and he won the argument

but you actually won the argument

for all the good it does you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Deep Hurting posted:

A: I've made it very clear, at least once even directly to YOU, that I'm at best cautiously optimistic about his chances, at this point, and you might say my enthusiasm is fairly curbed. YOUR tendency toward wildly exaggerated, unsupported, blanket assumptions about individuals based on your own irrational and often wrong beliefs about a group is not MY responsibility, though I suppose I could have fairly assumed (heh) as much from a Trump supporter. What can I say? Any argument between the two of us is that one Shmorky comic unironically, with you as the dumb and goddamn crazy guy.

B: You're moving goal posts right off the bat, in a single-sentence reply! Beautiful. :allears: "Pretending Bernie will win" neither means the same thing as "ideological purist in love with Bernie Panders [sic]," nor does either one necessarily follow from the other. And while I would make no claim to the latter when talking to you, because you've demonstrated that you don't know what words mean unless they're expressed in the most direct form with the fewest opportunities for misinterpretation, I would say that I do have some strong enough "ideological" beliefs that Sanders is closer to meeting than any other remotely viable candidates at this time. However, I'm not so concerned with "purity" that I would refuse to vote for Hillary (for example) to prevent Il Douche from coming within fewer than 500 yards of the White House, assuming it comes to that.

Now, the reason I compared you to Paradol Ex isn't because "Bernie Panders" is as awkward as "Baquack Obamailures," or even less-clever, but rather because you have the exact same smug, poo poo-eating pride about it, a "joke" that was never clever enough for you be proud of it in the first place, let alone repeat. If it's so clever, ask yourself: why is it you're the only one saying it with any notable frequency? Why hasn't it caught on? Maybe it's just because everyone else hates you, too, and they'd rather not use an apt turn-of-phrase than give you the satisfaction, but I suspect the reason is more benign. If a joke wasn't funny the first time, it doesn't get funnier with each successive repetition. Even Paradol Ex was at least inadvertently funny at his own expense, sometimes, but I have yet to see you manage even that. So yeah, the only person who should be offended by me comparing you to Paradol Ex is Paradol Ex. Think about that.

In short: :frogout:

:laffo:

FYI you Bernouts are supposed have your meltdowns AFTER he officially drops out. And yes, Bernie Panders will inevitably betray his entire campaign message of "transparency" and "campaign finance reform" by endorsing :shillary: in the general, shithead.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Immortan posted:

:laffo:

FYI you Bernouts are supposed have your meltdowns AFTER he officially drops out. And yes, Bernie Panders will inevitably betray his entire campaign message of "transparency" and "campaign finance reform" by endorsing :shillary: in the general, shithead.

You seem like a fun person.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

troubled teen posted:

You seem like a fun person.

Anyone thats not an ideologue is more susceptible to having fun.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Immortan posted:

Anyone thats not an ideologue is more susceptible to having fun.

This response actually makes you seem less fun now.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Immortan posted:

And yes, Bernie Panders will inevitably betray his entire campaign message of "transparency" and "campaign finance reform" by endorsing :shillary: in the general, shithead.

This doesn't have to happen. And I would personally discourage Senator Sanders from endorsing Hillary Clinton if she wins the Democratic Party's nomination.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

troubled teen posted:

This response actually makes you seem less fun now.

A very wise man once said that brevity is the soul of wit.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If my candidate doesn't win I will burn everything down the best I can - Bernie fans

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Immortan you better watch out or you'll be unflatteringly depicted in an editorial cartoon!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

this thread's still happening? the pop secret flavoratic debate is over y'all, butter sanders beat hillary caramelton

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fishmech posted:

Immortan you better watch out or you'll be unflatteringly depicted in an editorial cartoon!

Well, we wouldn't want that, given the way she's previously blamed cartoons and videos for systemic violence!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Matey posted:

this thread's still happening? the pop secret flavoratic debate is over y'all, butter sanders beat hillary caramelton

no he didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

oystertoadfish posted:

no he didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:owned:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

by jj abrams, maybe

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Anybody else getting hungry?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Reason posted:

I really feel like a lot of the drive for gay marriage was done at the state level and very little was actually done by politicians, in fact Obama himself was pretty quiet on the issue until relatively recently.
Well, of course. Now, the question is, do you want an environment in which states will want to experiment with legalising drugs and curtailing police and gun violence, or do you want one where the federal government will once again allow police departments to buy all sorts of military weapons?

Political change is a network contagion-type effect. And the federal government is an important hub in the network.

quote:

I feel like a Bernie presidency would be more likely if we'd had another eight years of a republican president. Why? Because things would have been run into the ground faster than they were and Bernie's populist anti-capitalist message would be more easily accepted.
Lol. No. Things *would* be run into the ground faster, but human social psychology is such that, if things get bad, we tend to increase, not decrease, our homophily/xenophobia. A solution of 'Let's make things better for everyone' would never be accepted. All you would get would be more Trumps.

It's the ingroup/outgroup bias in action - if things go bad, it's probably because of some Evil Outside Actor.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

meristem posted:

It's the ingroup/outgroup bias in action - if things go bad, it's probably because of some Evil Outside Actor.

Then its already too late because we have a Trump and that just means things are going to get worse anyways whether or not he actually gets elected because next presidential election there will be an even worse Trump and an even worse Trump after that and an even worse Trump after that.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Deep Hurting posted:

A: I've made it very clear, at least once even directly to YOU, that I'm at best cautiously optimistic about his chances, at this point, and you might say my enthusiasm is fairly curbed. YOUR tendency toward wildly exaggerated, unsupported, blanket assumptions about individuals based on your own irrational and often wrong beliefs about a group is not MY responsibility, though I suppose I could have fairly assumed (heh) as much from a Trump supporter. What can I say? Any argument between the two of us is that one Shmorky comic unironically, with you as the dumb and goddamn crazy guy.

B: You're moving goal posts right off the bat, in a single-sentence reply! Beautiful. :allears: "Pretending Bernie will win" neither means the same thing as "ideological purist in love with Bernie Panders [sic]," nor does either one necessarily follow from the other. And while I would make no claim to the latter when talking to you, because you've demonstrated that you don't know what words mean unless they're expressed in the most direct form with the fewest opportunities for misinterpretation, I would say that I do have some strong enough "ideological" beliefs that Sanders is closer to meeting than any other remotely viable candidates at this time. However, I'm not so concerned with "purity" that I would refuse to vote for Hillary (for example) to prevent Il Douche from coming within fewer than 500 yards of the White House, assuming it comes to that.

Now, the reason I compared you to Paradol Ex isn't because "Bernie Panders" is as awkward as "Baquack Obamailures," or even less-clever, but rather because you have the exact same smug, poo poo-eating pride about it, a "joke" that was never clever enough for you be proud of it in the first place, let alone repeat. If it's so clever, ask yourself: why is it you're the only one saying it with any notable frequency? Why hasn't it caught on? Maybe it's just because everyone else hates you, too, and they'd rather not use an apt turn-of-phrase than give you the satisfaction, but I suspect the reason is more benign. If a joke wasn't funny the first time, it doesn't get funnier with each successive repetition. Even Paradol Ex was at least inadvertently funny at his own expense, sometimes, but I have yet to see you manage even that. So yeah, the only person who should be offended by me comparing you to Paradol Ex is Paradol Ex. Think about that.

In short: :frogout:

She has a well-documented history of holding and acting upon Nixonian grudges, and the entire Republican structure has spent the last ~25 years doing everything it could to earn one. It's logical to conclude she would at least be likely to deliver the harvest one should expect from what they've sowed, though of course it's not a certainty, and I think a lot of people are probably overestimating it.

What in the gently caress are you going on about. Who the gently caress cares about Paradol loving ex in 2015.

Math Debater posted:

This doesn't have to happen. And I would personally discourage Senator Sanders from endorsing Hillary Clinton if she wins the Democratic Party's nomination.

Did this poster just rereg in less than a day after being banned for "posting on this website" or am I mixing up names or something.

TROIKA CURES GREEK has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Dec 22, 2015

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

What in the gently caress are you going on about. Who the gently caress cares about Paradol loving ex in 2015.

Mediocre editorial cartoon man does.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
In nearly a decade on this website I don't think I've ever seen SAclopedia cited twice in the same post to try to lay a sick own on a person

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Immortan posted:

Well, we wouldn't want that, given the way she's previously blamed cartoons and videos for systemic violence!

Hahaha he doesn't even know what you meant by that, fishmech, but that doesn't stop him from powering on through anyway!

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

What in the gently caress are you going on about.

Sorry, do you not know "in short" means the same thing as "tl;dr"? Don't attempt to comment on the details if you aren't going to read them, first.

Brannock posted:

In nearly a decade on this website I don't think I've ever seen SAclopedia cited twice in the same post to try to lay a sick own on a person

See my response regarding fishmech's comment above. Immortan doesn't understand anything unless you spoon-feed it to him.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Deep Hurting posted:

Hahaha he doesn't even know what you meant by that, fishmech, but that doesn't stop him from powering on through anyway!

It's amazing how stupid you are. This must be a preview of the glorious meltdown you'll have when Bernie Panders inevitably loses to :shillary:.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Brannock posted:

Deep Hurting's username epitomizes the expiation of his internal moral masochism onto others. This behavior is quite abundant among progressives altogether.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

oystertoadfish posted:

this forum is extremely male and thinks centrism is boring/evil, not a surprise that when you look around here you don't see many of the hillary people

I'm ok with centrism in theory even though I wouldn't characterize myself as one. The problem is that in American politics most centrists have a pretty specific (bad) set of policy positions aka the Very Serious People class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Knock it off with this stupid slapfight, you two.

• Locked thread