Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Immortan posted:

Bernie will inevitably lose because he willingly cowers from Hillary, shithead.

That isn't at all why he will lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Powercrazy posted:

That isn't at all why he will lose.

You're right, it must be his good looks then.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Immortan posted:

Bernie will inevitably lose because he willingly cowers from Hillary, shithead.

look out nate silver

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Immortan posted:

Embrace the inevitable Bernout, child.

Embrace the dialectical movement of history, fool.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Jesus Christ only had like 12 supporters and he kept turning the other cheek while the establishment power structure beat and tortured him.

You could say that worked for his brand

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Jesus Christ only had like 12 supporters and he kept turning the other cheek while the establishment power structure beat and tortured him.

ahahaha holy poo poo

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Does everyone remember how Obama lost reelection after he went on his great American apology tour where he bowed to every Muslim leader and chinaman?

Karl Rove remembers he's just waiting for his data sets to finish loading

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Back in those days, 12 followers was a lot. Follower inflation makes that about 5.36 million in 2015 twitter terms.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

taqueso posted:

Back in those days, 12 followers was a lot. Follower inflation makes that about 5.36 million in 2015 twitter terms.

This counts for about half of that

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/678435153123917824/video/1

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Embrace the dialectical movement of history, fool.

Bernouts are getting cuter and cuter.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Remember Ron Paul? That's how well Bernie will be remembered in 7-8 years.

Enjoy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Agreed with his crazy ideas of a "living wage," regulation of wall street, focus on the environment, 30% national support with in the Democratic Party. The similarities just keep piling up!

The Ron Paul meme is "catching on, I'm telling you."

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Jesus christ, people are still saying bernie is ron paul?

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Matey posted:

Jesus christ, people are still saying bernie is ron paul?

It's the biggest straw they have left to grasp at and still feel justified in their circlejerk about how they made the mature choice and settled for the inevitable.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
My post does not compare Bernie to Ron Paul as a candidate, I'm comparing how well they will be remembered :ssh: I will, however, compare Ron Paul supporters to Bernie Sanders supporters.

You're all incredibly naive about your chances, proclaim the need for a political revolution :evil:, feel as if you are under attack by the "establishment"/LAMESTREAMMEDIA, loudly proclaim your support for your candidate wherever comments are enabled, and then mistake the echoes coming back at you for widespread support for your candidate. You're all incredibly driven to be active for your candidate's campaign, yet by doing so are so hopelessly drowned in the Sanders bubble that you are incapable of comprehending why anybody wouldn't vote for him.

edit: tl;dr he's a great-seeming guy with awful, awful staff and awful fans

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
And smug Hillary fans are somehow less insufferable because...?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Logikv9 posted:

My post does not compare Bernie to Ron Paul as a candidate, I'm comparing how well they will be remembered :ssh: I will, however, compare Ron Paul supporters to Bernie Sanders supporters.

You're all incredibly naive about your chances, proclaim the need for a political revolution :evil:, feel as if you are under attack by the "establishment"/LAMESTREAMMEDIA, loudly proclaim your support for your candidate wherever comments are enabled, and then mistake the echoes coming back at you for widespread support for your candidate. You're all incredibly driven to be active for your candidate's campaign, yet by doing so are so hopelessly drowned in the Sanders bubble that you are incapable of comprehending why anybody wouldn't vote for him.

edit: tl;dr he's a great-seeming guy with awful, awful staff and awful fans

Isn't the irrational groupthink among Bernie supporters something to behold?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TNO posted:

And smug Hillary fans are somehow less insufferable because...?

Are there Hillary fans, or just people who bow to the inevitable?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jack Gladney posted:

Are there Hillary fans, or just people who bow to the inevitable?

This is a question I've not seen answered. Most people in the forum "like Bernie". But are quick to add "he won't win."

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i knew a female lawyer who worked on her campaign in '08 and was pretty enthusiastic, that's probably a good demographic for her

honestly there's plenty they just don't hang out with us

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
There are plenty of people who are enthusiastic supporters of Hillary, but the average level of enthusiasm for Hillary supporters is less than that of the average Sanders supporter.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oystertoadfish posted:

i knew a female lawyer who worked on her campaign in '08 and was pretty enthusiastic, that's probably a good demographic for her

honestly there's plenty they just don't hang out with us

they all up on wall street n poo poo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know an attorney and a guy in marketing who have both said the same thing about her: "I am no fan of Hillary, but I admire how well she can game the rhetorical field and manipulate the conversation around her."

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

I know an attorney and a guy in marketing who have both said the same thing about her: "I am no fan of Hillary, but I admire how well she can game the rhetorical field and manipulate the conversation around her."

Sociopaths enjoy deceit and manipulation? :monocle:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

Sociopaths enjoy deceit and manipulation? :monocle:

They both work for different nonprofits who would do much better under Bernie than Hillary neoliberalism, but they're too cynical to believe a good person could win the game of thrones.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If you're not finding your enthusiastic Hillary supporters, it's because you're looking in the wrong place. The entire human race doesn't spend every second on the internet :ssh:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

nursing homes filled with enthusiastic hillary supporters playing wii bowling (they still do that like in that one article 10 years ago?)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this forum is extremely male and thinks centrism is boring/evil, not a surprise that when you look around here you don't see many of the hillary people

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Logikv9 posted:

If you're not finding your enthusiastic Hillary supporters, it's because you're looking in the wrong place. The entire human race doesn't spend every second on the internet :ssh:

This poll isn't tagged - where is it from? Just wondering.

Also, an important thing to note is that favorability is not the same thing as enthusiasm.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

centrists aren't usually as enthusiastic as the more extreme people, that's probably not a surprise to anybody. every once in a while it gets them in trouble, just take a look at the other primary. they usually win in the end, though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

I guess they spend time near their land-lines?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jack Gladney posted:

They both work for different nonprofits who would do much better under Bernie than Hillary neoliberalism, but they're too cynical to believe a good person could win the game of thrones.

See this is why people give sanders' rabid fans poo poo, this constant, unstopping, narrative that the ONLY reason people don't like him is either not knowing about him (still somehow people were saying the data stealing scandal was 'the first time' people were hearing of him) or they know he's just a good, honest, good, man who's so good, and they're just to jaded or bitter to see it. Sanders cannot fail, he can only be failed.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Tatum Girlparts posted:

See this is why people give sanders' rabid fans poo poo, this constant, unstopping, narrative that the ONLY reason people don't like him is either not knowing about him (still somehow people were saying the data stealing scandal was 'the first time' people were hearing of him) or they know he's just a good, honest, good, man who's so good, and they're just to jaded or bitter to see it. Sanders cannot fail, he can only be failed.

he's also cool. good and cool. cool and good

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He probably is going to fail, but they both say they like him and that his bad rhetoric makes him hopeless.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But Bernie is cool and good.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you know who else was cool and good

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

you know who else was cool and good

FDR

Matey