Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best dbz character
Vegeta
Yamcha
Krillin
Piccolo
Gohan
Mr. Popo
Chi-Chi
Tien
Oolong
Bulma
Trunks
Master Roshi
Chaozu
Mr. Satan
Puar
Dr. Briefs
Raditz
Nappa
Cell
Freeza
View Results

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Lucky Guy posted:

it's that farmer with a shotgun that has a power level of 5, he is the everyman

it was a rifle. he shoots it at raditz and raditz catches the bullet and flicks it back at him, killing him.

he also never gets resurrected :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Broly. His power is maximum.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whats DBZ, precious?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

it was a rifle. he shoots it at raditz and raditz catches the bullet and flicks it back at him, killing him.

he also never gets resurrected :rip:

anime's greatest crime

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Recoome not on list op is an rear end in a top hat

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like Mr. Popo, because even though it is a racist caricature, I also look like him

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
ten_not_tien.jpg

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no goku in the poll

also, it's clearly vegeta because he's the only with with an actual character arc

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also I'm p sure TIEN could tribeam the gently caress out of Krillin

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Moridin920 posted:

no goku in the poll

also, it's clearly vegeta because he's the only with with an actual character arc

uh hello....PICKLE OH

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

vegeta is hands down the best. shows up to the fight, smack talks like crazy then gets beaten up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

razamataza posted:

vegeta is hands down the best. shows up to the fight, smack talks like crazy then gets beaten up.

the biggest poo poo talkers are generally the best characters. i almost voted for cell cause of that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

razamataza posted:

He's super dramatic about everything and it's great

Piccolo has an arc too, true, but I feel like you need to have seen dragonball to really get it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I voted for Nappa because watching him swim through destroyers and fighter jets was rad as hell as an 8 year old. It would have been Gohan if he didn't turn out so lame after the Cell Saga. His magic power up was great and all but he turned into a pixie after the Majin Buu Saga. I'm so disappointed

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

yeah Gohan is dog poo poo now :smith:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

dr.acula posted:

yeah Gohan is dog poo poo now :smith:

It was downhill for him after he started attending Japanese DeVry university.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
it's Android 16, you loving idiot.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Gohan lost his poo poo more when android 16 died as compared to when Piccolo gets 'killed' by Freeza last episode, Gohan :smith:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

he's reached a new level, super saiyan disapproving dad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think I watched part way to where Buu was skinny/muscle buu but not any farther.

I also didn't watch all of regular Dragonball.

I would love genuine GBS effort posts on the arcs of characters and why they are better than other arcs

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Lucky Guy posted:

anime's greatest crime

it's not as if they wouldn't have, but literally no one ever finds out what happened to him. for most of the villains they make an all-inclusive "bring back everyone killed by X" or "bring back everyone who's been killed since Y" to fix everything, but unlike every other villain in the series raditz didn't go on any crazy rampages. he just killed that one guy, and then died without mentioning it to anyone.

presumably his family or neighbours just found his corpse and reported it to the police and everyone was confused as hell about it.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

no goku in the poll

uhhhh tien?????? his is way loving better than vegeta's.

Moridin920 posted:

also I'm p sure TIEN could tribeam the gently caress out of Krillin

remember when tien did a one-armed tribeam on nappa and then promptly died? vegeta's original dialogue (I'm not sure whether it got changed in the adaptation from manga to anime, or in the translation from japanese to english) implied that if it had been a direct hit it likely would have killed nappa.

I watched DB and DBZ all the way through from episode one of DB to the end of DBZ with my fiancee recently (she had only seen a few random episodes of each previously, and basically knew nothing about it except that it's about fighting with magic powers). she loved tien and chiaozu so much from DB that when they died fighting nappa, she broke down into tears and I had to spoil the bit about the namekian dragon balls being able to bring back chiaozu to get her to calm down and continue watching. I agree tbh, tien and chiaozu own.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 22, 2015

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Who is the best DBZ character and explain your answers

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

piccolo is a p well written black dude shame they made him green and then had mr popo or whoever that blackface guy was

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Fart Puzzle posted:

piccolo is a p well written black dude shame they made him green and then had mr popo or whoever that blackface guy was

er, uh, yeah, also a shame they had this guy voice him

not sure in what capacity he is supposed to be a "black dude", now that I think about it

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

wow, thats pretty racist of you to say that

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

so, the emperor of earth then?

e. wasn't there some sort of dog person ruling earth in DB or something like that?

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 22, 2015

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
King dog is a good and noble king.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

er, uh, yeah, also a shame they had this guy voice him

not sure in what capacity he is supposed to be a "black dude", now that I think about it

I really wish I hadn't seen this picture

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

proof of concept posted:

e. wasn't there some sort of dog person ruling earth in DB or something like that?

yes. when cell showed up he was shown (much older, with graying hair and stuff) certain that goku would show up and save everyone like he did when he was a kid. his generals/minister/whatever browbeat him into authorising a military attack on cell which was promptly obliterated. after that he put his foot down and told them all to shut up and wait for goku. afterwards, when cell was killed and hercule satan took credit for it, the king of earth was shown to be basically the only person to realise that mr satan was an utter fraud and he knew that goku and gohan (whom he deduced must be goku's son, after recognising goku) must have been the ones that did it.

it's never explained why the earth is populated with morons who have mostly totally forgotten that martial artists with magical powers have saved them from near extermination at the hands of demons only a few centuries before the story takes place, and also forgot goku's fights with roshi, tien, and piccolo at the world martial arts tournaments, all of which took blatantly fantastic elements which, in the last example, could not possibly be denied even by the most ardent skeptic as illusory since they destroyed much of the surrounding city, and which took place within living memory in front of a live audience with cameras and poo poo.

but then by the time the cell saga starts, some ten years after goku's fight with piccolo, hercule satan has become world champion and somehow convinced everyone that qi doesn't exist, and no one since goku, krillin, yamcha, tien, or chiaozu have sought out the teachings of the turtle or crane schools, despite each of them being somewhat common knowledge at the beginning of dragon ball mere decades earlier. :iiam:

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 22, 2015

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

thanks (this part was really all I was looking for)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yes. when cell showed up he was shown (much older, with graying hair and stuff) certain that goku would show up and save everyone like he did when he was a kid. his generals/minister/whatever browbeat him into authorising a military attack on cell which was promptly obliterated. after that he put his foot down and told them all to shut up and wait for goku. afterwards, when cell was killed and hercule satan took credit for it, the king of earth was shown to be basically the only person to realise that mr satan was an utter fraud and he knew that goku and gohan (whom he deduced must be goku's son, after recognising goku) must have been the ones that did it.

it's never explained why the earth is populated with morons who have mostly totally forgotten that martial artists with magical powers have saved them from near extermination at the hands of demons only a few centuries before the story takes place, and also forgot goku's fights with roshi, tien, and piccolo at the world martial arts tournaments, all of which took blatantly fantastic elements which, in the last example, could not possibly be denied even by the most ardent skeptic as illusory since they destroyed much of the surrounding city, and which took place within living memory in front of a live audience with cameras and poo poo.

but then by the time the cell saga starts, some ten years after goku's fight with piccolo, hercule satan has become world champion and somehow convinced everyone that qi doesn't exist, and no one since goku, krillin, yamcha, tien, or chiaozu have sought out the teachings of the turtle or crane schools, despite each of them being somewhat common knowledge at the beginning of dragon ball mere decades earlier. :iiam:

source your quotes

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hail satan

if you disagree i can only assume you are literally donald trump

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

source your quotes

sry I didn't mean to plagiarise you

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

sry I didn't mean to plagiarise you

Oh, because he's the one who wrote that...lol, I get it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Doesn't have Broly or Majin Buu, voted Nappa instead.

Because gently caress you that's why.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mr. Popo

fact: i loved mr popo so much growing up i named a sim after him in every version of the sims

he had blonde hair and blue eyes

im not racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
Joe Manganiello as Nappa.

• Locked thread