Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Seeing Birch scramble to her classes put a smile on my face. The shifter being the district's darling was far from an idle boast - I was so proud to see a Cyran accepted to the Morgrave - and I had offered my assistance in tutoring her more than once. Of course, since my specialty was in psionic phenomena, which wasn't precisely her area of study (at least, as far as I could tell), there was precious little I could do to help her directly - though the offer was there of course.

But, sitting down in Lord Jairan's office did a bit to damper my mood. It wasn't really unexpected, asking for my sister and I, nor the other two females in the room, for assistance. At least, judging by their appearances and what little I knew of their reputations. And given that neither Yeve nor I were particularly martially inclined, it was probably a good idea.

As far as the issues themselves went, while looting was a concern, the kidnapping of architects was something that truly gave me pause, as it appeared to do for everyone else gathered here. "With respect to the watch, I think the...abductions are more our speed, and it appears we are all of one mind as far as that goes." I smirked a bit at the fact we had all agreed on that. It was good to be in sync with the halfling and the human as well, of course, though they weren't going to be able to share the bond that Yeve and I had. In fact, it was doubtful anyone other than her was going to catch the joke implicit in my statement. "If that's all the same to you both of course, Lord Jairan, Miss Tyrala, we should probably start there."

A pause of course. The game was afoot! How exciting! "So, what more can you tell us? Who was the first abductee? Who was the most recent? Oh, where were they taken from? Is there evidence or anything?" How exciting! I was excited! Yeve could probably feel some excitement on this. In fact, she was probably excited too, though she hid it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Personally, I loved travelling. Not that I wanted to be away from the other refugees for a terribly long idea, but to me seeing new places and new sights always sparked my creativity and desire to invent. And the lightning rails were always truly fascinating to me! I of course nodded at Yeve's suggestion to make sure everyone was well-fed. "Well, I had an idea for a sort of box that automatically refills on a daily basis, filled with foods and maybe some hay with horses. It'd be an...interesting device. But I haven't gotten all the kinks out yet." I scratch the back of my head. "I suppose we could just...BUY food, if we have to." That was, however, a far less interesting option.

"I...in the meantime. I'd like to see if I can bother the engineers behind this thing. Do you think they'd let me in the engine room if I asked nicely?" I wasn't particularly good at asking nicely, Yeve was probably better at it, but it never hurt to ask, right?

Oh! As far as what I was wearing, I mostly kept to my craftsman's frock over a plain but functional dress - Yeve was better at being ostentatious, too, one never knew when I might have to get my hands dirty so it wouldn't do to ruin finer clothes unnecessarily. My armor and weapons and all that were the sort of thing I'd keep packed and in my cabin unless I needed them for whatever reason.

I was keeping my boots on though. Hopefully I wouldn't need those though, goodness, to think what that could do to the train if they WERE needed!

• Locked thread