Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I gave a small wave to Cala as we walked through the streets, my heavy armor was already donned, the gleaming silver like color standing out amongst the terrible squalor the people of my homeland lived in. Still, today was clearly of importance, why else would we be called to the embassy, were it not for something worth at least dressing properly for. I was certainly not going to show up in the simple clothes I wore to work on the warforged of our little 'home'. It was, somehow, more well maintained than Lord Jarain's outfit, which made it clear what a state we were in as a people - when even the most foppish and high ranking look ragged.

The proper procedure would be followed, I gave a bow to him best I could in my armor, "You honor us with the invitation, Lord." I was curious, part of me wanted to know what was happening, right then and there, but I couldn't forget protocol - it was one of the few things that kept us sane in these times of chaos. I gave a glance towards my sister as they began to expound upon the problems in the realm, a missing person was something our people should have easily been able to find, but we - of course- lacked any specialty in taking care of such things. A curse of how our abilities manifested, but nothing we could do of it, "I concur with Birchwen. While the goblinoids entering our land is a crime, they've not harmed any of our people, have they? We should prioritize what remains, before we focus on reclaiming what was once ours - or else all shall be lost, no?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I knew that Tyrala would be upset, but that didn't make it any easier to disappoint people - if we could handle both of these tasks at once, we would have, but we had no proof that the Goblins were hurting anyone - and enemies of Cyre or not, it was not as if they were simple beasts to be hunted. We didn't have the resources to go to war with the goblinoids, or with the elves either for that matter - we didn't have the resources for much at all. The fact that my sister and I were called in for a missing person's case was proof enough of that fact - we were well known with most of the refugees, but it wasn't like we were expert sleuths - I had no idea where to even start looking at this kind of thing - most of my work was done in keeping people fed, or repairing the bodies of the tireless warforged who labored to help us.

A train ride was certain to be hard for everyone involved - we'd be away from 'home' for some time, those who relied on us would be without us, the tree-named Halfling bringing along a mount... it was certainly going to be a trip that we'd remember, I was sure - though whether we'd remember it as good or ill was another detail entirely. I gave a salute to both Tyrala and the Lord as we turned to take our leave, walking along side my sister as we returned to our refugee quarter, "We should make certain we bring enough food for all of us, in case the locale lacks. And we should inform the people of the quarter of our absences, so they can try and make arrangements as soon as possible."

I didn't have much I needed to pack - I did, however, take off my armor and don a... slightly nice set of clothing, I suppose - it was nice for a refugee, at least - not nearly as fancy as my magical armor was, but not tattered, or overly faded, or stained at all. I only had a few sets of clothes that fit with this, so I packed them all, along with the armor. My sword stayed on my hip, however, I had no intention of removing it - there was being comfortable out of armor, and being stupid without weapon.

I packed a little light, knowign I would likely have to carry some of - if not most - of my sister's belongings - it was the curse of being the stronger - slightly though it was - sister, not that I particularly minded doing the work.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

"I'm sorry ma'am." I gave the woman who tried to take my companion's mount a small smile, tilting my head apologetically, "While I do understand the rules of the train, Madam Birchwen is the personal Knight under orders of the Lord Jarian." I would... neglect to mention what exactly he was Lord of, since few seemed to respect Cyre these days, at least as much as they used to, "I can promise you that he is quite well trained, and shan't cause a single issue, so says mine own honor as a Knight." I didn't know Birchwen that intimately, but I did know a bit of Halflings - and while most of their kind who kept their mounts were less civilized, I still know they viewed them as family. And I should obviously endeavor to aid my companions, no?

Diplomacy
21:03 KittyPhone !r 1d20
21:03 Krysmbot KittyPhone, 20 = 20
+8 for 28

Changelings were the only people I ever felt envious of - the sense of freedom to be whoever they wanted to be in that moment, to never really be tied down. I couldn't say that I never had a want to not have mine own destiny, and I am certain my sister is much the same in that matter. But we had no choice in it, our life was our life, and we were sworn to it, to protect the world from that which it doesn't even realize exists. If only I had kept staring at the changeling instead - the moments that followed only served to sour the moment for me.

Rideran. My knuckles turned white as my hands became fists, I was ready to summon my guardian and fell the agent of our enemies. A second glance - three children in the car, two women seemingly well off, three men I doubted could so much as handle a fist, let alone the threat we could have in this car. I untensed my knuckles, I couldn't start a fight here, not with them here, not right this second. I gave a glance to my sister - my other companions wouldn't understand what we just saw - what was in here with us. If only they could.

• Locked thread