Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

malal posted:

That reads like the minutes to a playground meeting, about a fight over a missing trapper-keeper.

Becky blamed Melissa because she was always jealous of the puffy stickers on it, but Melissa says she saw billy holding it. Mike over heard Suzy and Phil talking about it, and told Becky they might be involved.

Becky confronts Phil, who pulls her pigtails. She then pushed him over, both got recess detention for two days and a call to their parents.

Becky finds her trapper keeper two days later, it was buried in her locker. Becky, Phil, and Melissa are not really talking and sit separate at lunch now.

Basically, but with the extra spice that everyone's names are very, very stupid.

PYF Power-Mad Mods: Sexual_rhinocerous had also dealt with a great number of unfair accusations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's pretty creepy. :stare:

I've always found it disturbing how hardcore raiding guilds basically demand that you submit all of your waking hours to them and get pissy if you have other commitments.

I play video games to relax or burn off stress in my free time, not turn it into a second job with demands to be on-call for.

On this episode of Pot Calling the Kettle Black, we have Reddit poster Daemonicus making sure that fellow gamers co-workers don't go out of their way to experiment and try and get better at the game ruin their salaries.

This is why I stopped playing (most) mobas. They're infested with ex-hardcore MMO players with that sort of mentality. Awesomenauts is less moba than 2D shooter and it's short, so I still enjoy it in its own right. Keep in mind, I have never, ever liked MMO's, even as a kid. I just didn't enjoy them. I preferred shooters and fighting games.

E: I was really tempted to call the first poster a loving idiot, but because Reddit I was trying not to break the hugbox.

BlueKingBar has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Mar 23, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BlueKingBar posted:

E: I was really tempted to call the first poster a loving idiot, but because Reddit I was trying not to break the hugbox.

Why would you post on a place where you're afraid to post? Reddit is so loving weird

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would you post on a place where you're afraid to post? Reddit is so loving weird

Reddit shows off the crucial flaw of democracy in its purest form: large numbers of idiots are still powerful. Your opinion gets censored if too many people click on the down arrow and shown to everyone if they click on the up arrow.

I post on Reddit because I go there to read about things, then I see someone who's Really loving Wrong about something basic (like "video games are the be-all end-all of reality") and it makes me angry so I start an argument.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

quote:

Soon after, Nauthas announced that he was leaving the server as well, albeit temporarily. Nauthas has publicly stated his end goal of being on the GameDetectives discord channel was to become a mod. He was disheartened that Svardeskampe chose Dr. Dino and Sarcastic_Fantasic as replacement moderators instead of himself. For the record, Nauthas was an immensely productive wiki editor, but he has since stated that it felt like too much work, and that he was only doing the work in the hopes of eventually becoming a moderator. So, with those hopes dashed, Nauthas decided to go on hiatus as wiki editor.
This is my favorite part of the Discord Slapfight Minutes. This guy was apparently putting in huge amounts of work solely because he wanted meaningless responsibility over a voicechat server :allears:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would you post on a place where you're afraid to post?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I love KC and often wonder if he still reads this bullshit site

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lol wtf is this about

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lol wtf is this about

Apparently Tim doesn't like Donald Trump

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

So one subreddit can lock down another subreddit? Is that what the /r/The_Donald bit is about? If so that's just ripe for abuse.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Elblanco posted:

I checked the subreddit, and apparently it's a community that formed around ARG that Valve did during last year's holiday sale. You know, serious poo poo.
What, the really lovely and boring christmas one? I vaguely played that a bit, then got bored right away. It was a bit better than the awful comic or super boring click-game that made no sense I guess.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Apparently Tim doesn't like Donald Trump
No poo poo, point me at a funny conservative.

And the Blue Collar Comedy group doesn't count, I just love them because inside me there's a powerful troll that loves eating garbage.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Please don't talk about your father that way

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Tim Heidecker got super into herman cain back in '12 and made some songs for his campaign pro bono.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9dr-FItR8
He's gotten into politics before but Trump is the final straw for some nerd. That's funny as heck.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

DraconicImpulse posted:

So one subreddit can lock down another subreddit? Is that what the /r/The_Donald bit is about? If so that's just ripe for abuse.

I think it's more that one of the subreddit's mods is really into Trump and going on a power trip.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I think it's more that one of the subreddit's mods is really into Trump and going on a power trip.

He took that subreddit and he built a wall around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, makes perfect sense too. Now don't mind me, I'm just going to go suicide bomb an abortion clinic.

I'm obviously loving joking but I'm putting this here just to make sure I don't get in trouble without immediately ruining the joke.

• Locked thread