Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Van Buren is the prototype of FO3 as by Black Isle, the original developers, before the studio closed and Bethesda picked up the IP to make the actual released FO3.

Notably a tech demo was released to NMA in 2007.

Bonus points for their anger when it was later hinted that Troika (another game company that went out of business down the line) almost got the rights to the game, but were outbid by Bethesda. So the half-made version of Fallout 3 gets binned, a developer that they'd like didn't get it, and then a developer they really didn't like got it.

For my own content, I remember long ago being banned from a Transformers site (can't remember what it is) for liking Beast Machines, the transformers tv show after Beast Wars. The reason I was banned because after disagreeing with one of the moderators that Bob Skir was not a devil who completely disrespects the canon of Transformers, every post in a thread I made randomly changed to a series of IHATEPENIS over and over again, if they weren't being edited into smilies.

I remember reexamining some of those Transformers shows later on, and found that the general consensus had shifted from "Beast Machines was horrible and terrible" to "yeah, Beast Machines wasn't bad". VINDICATION, fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No Mutants Allowed had an admin so abrasive and rude that he was immortalized in Fallout Tactics (iirc) as an abrasive, rude old man who sold Nuka Cola bottles that he was just pissing in to refill.

Why Bethesda didn't put in a M'aiq The Liar analogue in either of their Fallouts is beyond me. There's just so much. You've got NMA stuff, you've got neo-NMA stuff from folks who thought New Vegas was better than/equal to 3 or 4...

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Thinking New Vegas is equally good to the other games in the series? How awful.

"Mike keeps coming across people caring what happened at the Battle of Hoover Dam. Mike does not understand why a battle for a dam matters, when we're dealing with Super Mutants."

"Mike has heard rumors that a group of people in the West Coast have taking up mining obsidian. Mike doesn't understand how boring one must be to find that fun."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

are you ever not a massive pissbaby about people liking new vegas or disliking the star wars prequels

Tiberius Thyben posted:

You are really upset about video games.

The clue to making a good M'aiq The Liar line is that it dismisses and mocks what some people praised or took very seriously. Crossbow bolts, the removal of Mysticism, or the un-numbered Fallout game from Obsidian.

• Locked thread