Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lizard Wizard posted:

I was wondering if anyone had stories of power mad mods from guilds in online games.

So back in the early days of Burning Crusade in WoW I joined a crappy raiding guild because mine had dissolved way back when everyone got tired of the big 40man raids. Most of the drama doesn't really come from the guild leader, except at the end of the guild's life. See half of us in the guild only still ran Karazahn or whatever because we wanted the stupid glowing horse that dropped, so we helped gear up newer guild members because we wanted that one drop. Finally it drops, leader is in the group. He takes it for himself because "I'm the guild leader, consider it a thanks for being such an awesome GM" and his friends go on about how everyone should agree while everyone else tells him to go gently caress himself and quits on the spot. So they were left with a small group of assholes and a bunch of newbies in blues and greens. :shrug: Not especially interesting.

Another guild around the time Zul Aman or whatever came out, we'd been setting up raid groups for like a week in preparation for this and we were all pretty excited. Oh no, the raid leader is out sick! So the sub-leader takes over. Kicks half of us from the raid and invites people who aren't even from the guild. We quit, people who heard it afterwards but weren't there wound up quitting when the leader stood by his friend instead of kicking him. I've got boring stories of people mass quitting over stupid video game poo poo. I kind of regret wasting my life playing that game for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

President Ark posted:

:psyduck: How do these people survive?

Well mom or dad slides food through the dog flap they had installed, then reach in and blindly grope to collect the piss bottles.

• Locked thread