Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Years and years ago, a forum I posted at got a redesign that included a giant sidebar. The sidebar was a fixed width, so at a fairly standard (at the time) 1024x768 resolution it took up about a quarter of the screen, and there was no option to disable it. If you talked about the sidebar you got banned, and one subforum even got deleted for being a hotbed of anti-sidebar sentiment. The really funny part about this last bit is that all the moderators gathered in the admin's hotel room at a gaming convention to watch and film the deletion of this most vile of subforums, and someone even took a picture:

Those weren't the moderators. I'm pretty sure those were either the judges or just members who were around at MAGfest that day(probably a mix of both)

It's almost a decade ago though, so I'm kinda hazy on the details.

That site somehow attracted a lot of drama back in the day, not sure if it's still that bad, I haven't visited the forums for years. I still pop into the IRC channel occasionally though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread