Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Don't know who this Mikkola guy is but his passing is very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
:siren:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
huh, finland beat sweden in a meaningful game?

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Yessssssss

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

:finland:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I have no idea who is going to win this tournament. Between the four (well, three now) teams that could make the gold medal game, I could see any of them winning it all.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I have no idea who is going to win this tournament. Between the four (well, three now) teams that could make the gold medal game, I could see any of them winning it all.

Two of the remaining three have dumb bad anthems so by virtue of that, go Russia.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Sweden, nooooo!

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I might hate Canada in hockey but I will never cheer for Russia over them, fyi

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

Patrik Laine, who guaranteed win over Sweden: "I always keep my promises"

i like this laine kid

also go :ussr:

fits fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 4, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
What got into this US team? They're actually playing really well.

Even if the Russians are all huge steroid monsters.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Dvorak scores the first goal, assisted by two Blue Jackets prospects (Milano and Werenski). Great speed by Milano to set up the play. 1-0 USA after the first.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

is this on tape delay or live

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
what do you mean by "this" ?

USA-Russia is happening right now. Finland beat Sweden earlier.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

the usa/russia game.

is the us actually pretty good or what

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya they've looked good up until this period. only one team has scored more than a goal against them so far in the tournament (Canada scored 2) and their only loss was 1-0 against another really good team (Sweden).

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i think i picked the wrong time to start watching haha

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
can't watch because work is evil --- is the US getting dominated as much as the shots would indicate?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

from the last half of the period i watched the russians were just too big and pushed the us around in front of the net

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Glad the game tracker doesn't have the time left displayed or anything.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Glad the game tracker doesn't have the time left displayed or anything.

37 seconds, face off in RUS zone.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, that's disappointing

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Should have taken Connor

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A Typical Goon posted:

Should have taken Connor

yuuuup

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Russia barely won denmark and now basically rolled over usa. Huh.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Werenski looks pretty drat legit though, he's so smooth.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

Werenski looks pretty drat legit though, he's so smooth.

great tournament but got beat a few times today

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Super stoked we brought Hitchcock, Eansor, Donato, and Bjork instead of any combination of Connor, Tuch, Bellows, Roslovic, Keller, and Bracco. I didn't expect this team to be playing for a medal though, and we did better than Canada, so overall it was a fun tournament.

I have a long flight tomorrow morning so I am hoping I can pay to watch TV on a tiny rear end screen on the seat in front of me. It would be cool if we won bronze, which is better than getting silver anyway in my opinion.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
RIP

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good to know the USA was hampered (though not quite as badly as Canada) by poor personnel decisions. There is still a good chance neither Canada or USA will medal which is kind of funny to me.

Also this should be a really fun final, Go Finland gently caress Russia

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Is anyone non-Russian for them over Finland?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Is anyone non-Russian for them over Finland?

I don't think there's even anything wrong with Russia, Finland's team is just likable with the high scoring underagers.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mulli posted:

It was basically because the US couldn't out muscle the Russians in the end. They just seemed so much bigger and stronger.

Oh well. They beat Canada so it's still a win.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Hand Knit posted:

I don't think there's even anything wrong with Russia, Finland's team is just likable with the high scoring underagers.

Yea, that is what I was implying. Just a bunch of great young players on that team vs. National powerhouse team. And I don't think there are too many Russian goons that would choose nationalism over more fun team.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I thought Kapanen and Rantanen would be the guys stealing the show for Finland, but Laine and Puljujarvi, and that defenseman, are awesome.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mulli posted:

How Russia does in the pools rarely seems to factor in to how they do at knockouts. They seems to do some form of hustling at the World Juniors.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Right, but they barely beat Denmark in the knockout round.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Right, but they barely beat Denmark in the knockout round.

Denmark had nothing to lose and the Russians had everything?

If you're a Russian player and you get eliminated by the Danes at the quarter final stage how much poo poo would get poured on you when you get back?
If you get eliminated by the US in the semis, is it in the same order of magnitude?

It's not the only factor, the coach probably also lit a fuse under the teams arse after a disappointing showing against Denmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
pull it together sweden :argh:

also, go finns

• Locked thread