Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I watched too many bad short-form shows this year.

Most worst: Danchigai
Why did I even watch a short about a boy living with his four sisters, and apparently no parents. It was never really fun, and only the grade school twins remotely seemed like someone related to each other. Dropped shortly before the end.

Second worst: Fushigi na Somera-chan
Turns out this was just ugly character designs, unlikable characters, and unfunny comedy. Tried far too hard to be edgy/nonsensical violence-based funny and didn't work out at all. Dropped two-thirds through.

Third worst: Aldnoah Zero S2
The first season was okay, had some fun battles. This one just drove up the stupid and somewhat deus ex machina plot devices to reach a wet fart of a conclusion.

Also disappointing was Wakaba Girl. It really had the seedlings of a decent CGDCT series but never managed the execution. It might have been hurt by the semi-short format. I never got to care about the characters.
And then there's Comical Psychosomatic Medicine which was never that funny, never really went into any reasonable depth with its subject material, and overall just cringe-worthy.

And for worst show I didn't watch: Cross Ange. I think I was considering watching it, before the season started. Then other people watched it before I did and they wrote about it on the internet. Then I decided to not watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

but i heard kancolle makes boatloads of money

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Namtab posted:

Q2: most avoided anime addressed one of the big complaints from last year. Are there any other categories or things that we should be voting for here?

Might be getting too specific, but something like "worst single moment" or "biggest asspull".

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

kater posted:

Those categories seem kinda bad. Worst Animation is weird because tons of shows don't even try. Worst VA is just a catfight. Worst Moment could be fun though.

Worst Animation is hard to get good votes for because what actually constitutes animation can be rather narrow or hard to distinguish from other parts of the visual presentation. You'd surely get people voting "those giant chins look horrible" despite that being a character design thing. And then shows like Ping Pong which is actually well animated, but an unusual style.

• Locked thread