Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah I'm up for that, thanks. Would you be able to guesstimate how much shipping would be? I'm in the UK, it's fine if that makes it not worth the hassle though.

Alot? I'd expect 40-50 American?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What's the pile like? Might still be worth it maybe. Thanks for the offer in any case anyway.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

What's the pile like? Might still be worth it maybe. Thanks for the offer in any case anyway.

I'll look through it tomorrow

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

I'll look through it tomorrow

If he doesn't take it I might.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just finished a sealed prelease and it was my first tourney, real game and two boosters and it was pretty fun.

Got SR batman and SR Super, too. Finished second to last for two uncommons.

Problem is I now want to buy more boosters. Oh well.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I dragged my extras out of my car.

It's a mix of Nick, TW, SM/WW and such

Notable pieces include prime Atom from SM/WW, Rare Thanos from GOTG, Captain Marvel Prime from same set. TW SR WW.

A pile of cur's from each set. I'll basically charge shipping to take them all off my hands.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Problem is I now want to buy more boosters. Oh well.

Yeah, that'll happen.

Morand posted:

A pile of cur's from each set. I'll basically charge shipping to take them all off my hands.

PMed you.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I don't have PMs but I'd take whatever from Superman/Wonderwoman (including the prime Atom if the maniacal clown didn't call dibs) and that rare Thanos, would give you a little extra as well, for the trouble. Email is tehrevel@hotmail.com

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Take it all or take none. It's in a giant bag and I don't want to sort it all out.

First Dibs to Bardy as he was first to ask. I'll shoot you an email, if you don't want them then Maniac can have them.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We had 12 boosters left over from our official pre-release, so we did some World's Finest battle royales today. Impossibly, ANOTHER god pack popped out... unfortunately, it was in the battle royale that I wasn't playing in, but it was still really cool to see.

Continuing with the impossible trend, a World's Finest got pulled in my battle royale, and I somehow managed to nearly solo that drat thing with Klarion & Teekl. They got hit once by speedy-Supes for 2, but all the rest of the damage came from that little cat darting in when the duo was pushed, having super-lucky die rolls, and then getting the heck out of dodge when they cleared. I also had Major Force being a super-toxic influence on the map, getting hit to click #6 and then hanging around longer than he should, doing penetrating Poison to most of the map.

The top two players from each battle royale got to buy in to one final one with our remaining boosters. I pulled prime Superman, who got work done, but the shining star of that battle royale was my Condiment King, who is just such a disgusting little tie-up piece. Pushed to click 2, he gets Poison, Plasticity, and an effective 18 defense up close... he was tying up whole teams.

All in all, it was a great day of 'Clix. I ended up heading home with the World's Finest, World's Vilest, prime Superman, the all-important Condiment King, and some less-exciting stuff. Really dig this set for battle royales... convention season is going to be a blast.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Found some more extras. Add SR Faust to the pile of notables in my big pile of extras

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 600 point gang fight. One person on your force had to be over 100 points, everyone else had to be less then 101.

I traded for all the metal men after pulling the 2 SR's last pre release and I ran them

Alloy at 275
Doc Magnus
Mercury
Copper
Lead
Iron
Gold
Platinum
Tin

I just wanted to see if the Metal Men could hang in an event. They did so well in the pre-release I had to try.

Round 1 versus

Nekron at 600

I won map roll and chose the prison to limit him taking shots at me before I was ready. I basically clumped up around Platinum on my side of the map. Managed to get first shot with alloy but lost platinum to his next strike. Knocked him to blades and he went for Tin, with everyone taking a penetrating click as he rolled low. Alloy came in and hot for 5 more. I lost Mercury before it was all said and done but the Metal Men were able to take down Nekron.

Round 2 versus

WOL Hal Jordan Parallax
OP Kit Amanda Waller
OP Kit Deadshot
Bucky
Bronze Tiger
HOT Jimmy Woo
Green Lantern Ring

This was a team by a new guy and he had a plan with it which is more then I usually see him having his teams. He used Amanda to give the squad keyword to Parallax so Amada could leadership tokens off him and get nano bomb bonuses. Sadly he made several misplays during the game. I won map roll and chose the prison. He could have blown up walls to remove tokens all the time from Parallax but never thought of it. He moved Deadshot well into charge range and lost him to Alloy. He outwitted charge when I had 2 tokens. The list goes on. I took his team but lost nothing. This summary sounds obnoxiously arrogant but the recap wouldn't be much more then, and then he moved up and I killed a thing over and over.

Round 3 versus Mystical
Malekith at 350
JL Enchantress at 50
Klarion the Witch Boy
Apprentice
Dr Strange with Eclipso equipped
Bat Cowl as relic

Won map roll again and placed us on the prison. Slow start as he tried and failed to nab the cowl with Malekith and I stayed bunched up. He was able to take a shot on Alloy and hit my 22 with Malekith. I took 5. Ran back to the doc and was healed for 4. He positioned a bit and Malekith ended Iron, he then perplexed his defense to a 20. Doc managed to hit an 8 and put alloy top dial. Alloy and tin perplexed my attack to a 15 and hit Malekith with an ultra heavy. Did 6 after impervious failed, took mystic click. Copper moved up and based most of his team with platinum lending out an 18. He popped off teekl to try and hit copper. Copper hit SC though. He managed to hit alloy onto a sidestep and responsometer click. I sidestepped, nabbed a heavy and finished off Malekith. Doc then healed alloy top dial again and that was basically it as he'd lost his biggest offensive threat.

Finished 3-0 with 1799 points. The metal men kicked all sorts of rear end and I was amazed. I remember them being an awful joke team and now they are ultra cost effective. Did not play Andy, he lost in the first round to the Mystical team I beat in the finale. He had a hydra squad that was built to ruin high defense teams and would have been very difficult to beat.

Morand fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 8, 2016

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

Finished 3-0 with 1799 points. The metal men kicked all sorts of rear end and I was amazed. I remember them being an awful joke team and now they are ultra cost effective. Did not play Andy, he lost in the first round to the Mystical team I beat in the finale. He had a hydra squad that was built to ruin high defense teams and would have been very difficult to beat.
It was also built to ruin swarm teams and I am extremely disgruntled that nobody but me actually played one. I played:

Baron Strucker
Wolverine, Agent of Hydra
Imperial Hydra
Agent Ward
Hydra Agent H
Hydra Section Chief
Hydra Field Agent x3
Hydra Recruit x3
and the Hulkbuster Torso, because it was 10 points and my team was 590 and the plan was for Wolverine to equip it, but that ended up never happening because I valued it more as undestroyable hindering terrain or Wolverine had better things to be doing than standing on hindering terrain and taking a power action to turn it into clear terrain when his Stealth is the #1 thing that protects him.

Round 1 was against the Mystics team. I severely underestimated their stealth because I managed to ignore both Eclipso and the Cowl, so I picked Black Mercy. That screwed me out of the game, on a clear map I would've had this. Malekith made his first try for the Cowl and I was still able to knock him to mid-dial before he got to cover. I ended up just sending everyone up in a swarm and made a match out of it. I realized about midway through I'd been forgetting to keep track of Field Agents and Recruits killed, so in the end we both tried to remember it and decided to say he'd KO'd 300 points worth of figures, that sounded about right. Lost 300-175. Stupid, stupid map choice. That'll teach me to pay attention.

Round 2 was against some mishmash team, played by another new guy who's friends with the other new guy who Morand played in Round 2 and I played in Round 3. He had Doppleganger, Samuroid, SI Hercules, Pip the Troll, a Nurse, Jenny Quantum, umm... some other stuff. What he didn't have was stealth, a theme team, or a chance in hell. I put him on the Black Mercy and shot everyone to death with my Yes I Have Range and No You Don't Have A Defense powers. He did, however, pull off the ballerest move ever seen at the venue when he just marched Jenny right up to my murder swarm and then pulse waved 'em, doing 12 clicks of damage in one attack. That was awesome. It didn't help, since I responded by having Baron Strucker brutally beat her to death since he was now surrounded by Recruits who'd been knocked onto Empower, but it was still awesome.

Round 3 was, like I said, against the other new guy playing his actually fairly clever Suicide Squad team. Also no stealth there, so back on the Black Mercy we went. He actually got the drop on me because I was so focused on Parallax that I didn't notice that Deadshot was within 10 of my firing line, had a clear line of fire, and ignores hindering terrain. And with his shot, he went after... one of my Field Agents. He missed, too, but honestly I was rooting for him to make that shot harder than he was, because I could just bring the Field Agent right back and I'd honestly rather get to take two tokens away and have a +1 across the board on all my guys next turn. Anyway, I shot Deadshot right back on my turn, and my guys don't miss, and then I shot Parallax too for good measure. He tried to walk Bronze Tiger up to me, because new guys I guess, so I shot him dead and then everyone moved up and Wolverine got to lead the charge as we handled Waller, Bucky, and Jimmy Woo up close.

Went 2-1 and was good for second place. I'm rather bummed I didn't get to play Nekron, since the idea of Hydra mercilessly gunning down the god of death while he flails about helplessly because they're hiding and he can't see them is hilarious to me. AND SERIOUSLY WHY DID NOBODY ELSE PLAY A SWARM TEAM, that format was begging to run SHIELD and Doctor Locke had to just sit around twiddling his thumbs and feeling useless most of the time. And speaking of useless, Imperial Hydra utterly failed to bring anyone back in Rounds 2 or 3. I guess he felt my need was not great enough, because he returned 'em pretty regularly in Round 1 when I actually needed to just spam an unending swarm and hope it was enough.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I played one of our local judges in a friendly 300 point match, primarily to see how the prime Harlequin plays. I put together an Arkham Asylum team of:

Poison Ivy
Condiment King
Joker's Daughter
Harlequin
Arkham Asylum ATA x4

He played a Gotham City team of:

Gaslight Batman
Jonah Hex
Jason Blood, possessed by Eclipso

I won map roll, and went to the New Timbetpal map from month 3 of AoU.

Joker's Daughter called Jason Blood as her dad. We both did some setup to get near the middle of the map. I did a bait with Joker's Daughter after perplexing her up and taking Prob. He had Jonah Hex running shot out, pop part of the blocking, and had Batman run up to hide in it. Harlequin ran up, popped a Jack-in-the-Box, which hit Batman for 3, then Joker's Daughter sidestepped into its place and popped him again for 3, then Ivy smoked to keep them safe. He cleared, then I had Joker's Daughter sidestep away with Plasticity from the Arkham ATA, then popped the box again, which cleaned Batman out. At that point, my opponent couldn't do damage fast enough to take me out before the box KO'd Hex. I only wound up losing Condiment King.

This was definitely a very finesse-y, but it came together pretty well, and the ATA helps a bit with positioning. Harlequin was definitely the MVP, despite her relatively unassuming dial. Being able to attack every turn is really, really nice, and I'll never turn down a free 10 AV with Blades/RCE. Not to mention that the box is a free action to pop out, and a free action to attack, so I wound up popping it out, taking a shot, outwitting a reducer, then poisoning before my turn even properly started. I really want to find more fun things to do with her.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Not going brick for World's Finest, but I did grab 4 boosters. In case you guys are trying to ID which art gets which stuff:

Batman on Top: Zatara, Demon, c Poison Ivy, Iron, Prime 017b Superman
Superman on Top: Etrigan, Major Force, Negative Man, c Poison Ivy, 002 Superman
Batman on Top: 054 Joker, Blackbriar Thorn, Occultist, c Poison Ivy, Robotman
Superman on Top: Deadman ID card, 001 Superman, 003 Batman, Creeper, Crazy Jane, Condiment King

I'm actually surprised my fourth booster didn't have a Poison Ivy.

Edit: Don't bother trying to scratch off the ID card number - just peel the sticker off.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Opened a case last night and was a little disappointed. Didn't get either the SR Batman or Superman, but I did get the duo. Chase was Wonder Woman, my least wanted KC figure and Prime was Superman, my least wanted Prime from the set. A lot of collecting ahead.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Opened a case last night and was a little disappointed. Didn't get either the SR Batman or Superman, but I did get the duo. Chase was Wonder Woman, my least wanted KC figure and Prime was Superman, my least wanted Prime from the set. A lot of collecting ahead.

Any interest in doing a prime for prime swap? I've got poison ivy's coming out my ears and kinda want that Superman.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

Any interest in doing a prime for prime swap? I've got poison ivy's coming out my ears and kinda want that Superman.

Already have a Poison Ivy on the way, actually. 5 bucks on Ebay was too hard to pass up.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Finally playing in a Worlds Finest sealed on Sunday--any figures that are bigger performers than they look on paper I should be looking out for?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Waffles Inc. posted:

Finally playing in a Worlds Finest sealed on Sunday--any figures that are bigger performers than they look on paper I should be looking out for?

Booster and Beetle are phenomenal for their points; full dials of 10 attack and they always play well with others on every click. If you pull another Metal Men, Platinum is amazing for the double Outwit; paired with Sidestep and 18 defend she's a solid cheap backbone for your team and can push (or take strategic Posion) to surprise with 11 Blades. Full dial Robotman is no slouch, the Shifting Focus Supermen are all worthwhile investments, and Nightwing can attack every turn without ever getting an action token if you use him right. If you roll Shape Change consistently, Wizard is a hilarious troll piece with good support powers and the ability to fart out tigers as he teleports away from danger. Element Man is nothing short of the best point-for-point piece in the set.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Waffles Inc. posted:

Condiment King is a fantastic tie-up piece, as long as he's not facing down one of the two big duos or a KC figure. Push him to click 2 and base as many people as you can - he's Plasticity + Poison, and everybody next to him has a -2 to hit him. He's the sleeper of the set, in my opinion.

Klarion and Teekl work very, very well together. You can either get a crazy-long alpha strike (something like 17 square threat range) if you're willing to just commit Teekl to a single important hit. Or, if you're more conservative with them, you've got PC plus Perplex, a decent ranged attacker, and a decent-if-fragile close attacker that is very easy to protect.

Echoing what Sanschel said, too. I've seen Wizard and Element Man both do wonderful things, in local sealed events.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So I got my WF case and opened up. Grand total:

CUR: Nearly complete, missing only Condiment King and Crazy Quilt.
IDs: Superman, Batman, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, Cyborg
Prime: Nightlantern
SRs: Joker's Daughter, Platinum, World's Vilest, Superman, Batman, Metallo
Chase: Green Lantern

I am... mostly happy with this. The Superman and Beetle ID cards are dupes, as is Metallo, and Joker's Daughter is pretty meh. The Green Lantern chase is having to do most of the really good pull heavy lifting, but, man... I dunno. I wanted most of those SRs, and then I look at the list and there's still a great deal of figures I also wanted on the ones I didn't get. SRs were too good this time, there's very few inessential ones, maybe that's the problem.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Already have a Poison Ivy on the way, actually. 5 bucks on Ebay was too hard to pass up.

Anything else you are looking for? I've got a buttload of CUR from this set. Feel free to PM

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 13, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I asked someone to take pictures at the currently-going Toy Fair: http://imgur.com/a/BwXZ0

I am thrilled by a new Juggernaut and an 80s cartoon Baxter Stockman.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy poo poo everything in that looks great.

The turtles :hawaaaafap:

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

Anything else you are looking for? I've got a buttload of CUR from this set. Feel free to PM

Just finished up my CUR at a release event this weekend. It's not that I don't want the Prime Supes either, I'm just saying if I had to pick the one for my case, he wouldn't have been it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Red posted:

I asked someone to take pictures at the currently-going Toy Fair: http://imgur.com/a/BwXZ0

I am thrilled by a new Juggernaut and an 80s cartoon Baxter Stockman.

Man that X-Men set looks like it'll be fun

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I know, right? I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I know what to expect, but there are a lot of guys in the area saying they won't buy any of that set because it's the "wrong X-Men" or some such.

Also, those Turtles all look bad rear end, especially the original comic versions in white with the red masks. Now I'm regretting not preordering any, and I'm a little worried I won't be able to get in.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

Man that X-Men set looks like it'll be fun

Here's a better pic of the X-stuff:

Removable Juggernaut helmet???

The Grammar Aryan posted:

I know, right? I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I know what to expect, but there are a lot of guys in the area saying they won't buy any of that set because it's the "wrong X-Men" or some such.

Eh. Every set mixes old and new. People will get over it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

:siren::siren::siren: WK Ruling: You can use the Avengers round table for DC ID cards :siren::siren::siren:

I'd assumed every place was going to house rule this, so that's really nice.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Red posted:

:siren::siren::siren: WK Ruling: You can use the Avengers round table for DC ID cards :siren::siren::siren:

Sweet, so people can re-enact the final battle from JLA/Avengers!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

And vice-versa, too. The teleporter is a word-for-word copy of the round table, and neither ask for anything other than ID cards, no restrictions.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Silliness aside, you can now double up on cards that have good effects to maximize the power that lets you choose a different inspiration and let everyone use it. Superman and Wonder Man? OK my whole force has invincible their whole dial now. Shazam and Captain Marvel? Sure hope you like my whole force having Quint/Power Cosmic.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Teekl Death Count

- Cosmic Joker
- KC Batman
- Toymaster
- Black Lantern Flash
- Mr. Mxyzptlk
- Harley Quinn
- Black Lantern Hal
- Black Lantern Reanimate

Record for poofing Tigers with The Wizard in a single round: 4

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I've got a 500 Modern game this weekend. I've got a Black Lantern team planned in case I don't care about the prize, but if it's streaky I'm probably going HAM. To that end, I've come up with a Scientist theme with Deathlok and the Maximum Carnage ATA, as that's served me well a couple times. I'll likely also come up with an Assassin team so I can use Kingpin plus Balls of Fury. Thoughts on the Scientists? Ant-Man's supposed to play cheap tie-up and commit size fuckery for carrying while Deathstorm is anti-meta with Matter Separation (used if opposing Construct assignment is of consequence) but also a subtle co-primary attacker with Black Hand possessing and the Ring giving him +1 to stats.
pre:
WXM011b	  Deathlok	154
↑↑ATA	Maximum Carnage	8
NFAOS047  Dr. Demonicus	80
FJLTW006  Deathstorm	125
WOL060p	  ↑ Black Hand	25
AOU003r	  Ant-Man	50
DP020	  Weasel	27
WOLR108	  Black Battery	2
	Black Ring	6
	Spotlight	6
	Axe		6
	Sniper Rifle	6
	Bulldozer	4
	Mallet		4
---------------------------
		Total:	499
		Theme: Scientist
Edit: Here's a tentative build for the Assassin team. I was going to use Arcade but I realized he really doesn't fit with a Kingpin strategy. This team uses the Star Sapphire Battery for the Range boost and built-in Shape change. Fury gets the Net. Outlaw gets the Sniper Rifle, which leaves Firefly with the Stop Sign. Mob Rule's pretty much a filler/distraction/tie-up piece Kingpin can Mastermind to remotely if need be.
pre:
NFAOS056  Nick Fury	120
DP059	  Kingpin	118
BMAO017	  Firefly	115
FL009	  Mob Rule	40
DP021	  Outlaw	75
WOLR106	  SS Battery	8
	SS Ring		8
	Net		8
	Stop Sign	8
	Sniper Rifle	6
		Total:	500
		Theme: Assassin
And gently caress it, here's my Black Lantern team. Hal carries Galius Zed within Charge distance after I've given both Galius and Firestorm rings. Firestorm gets Black Hand to boost his values and to give him Invulnerability because he is one squishy mo-fo for 140. Galius Zed gets the Mallet for Quake/Steal Energy multi-healing and Firestorm gets… the Bulldozer, maybe, for EE with potential PsyBlast? Probably the decoy if the opposition isn't of the sort to bunch up.
pre:
WOL058	Galius Zed (BL)	150
WOL048	Firestorm	140
WOL060p	↑ Black Hand	25
WOL008	Black Lantern	35
	Reanimate
WOL012b	Hal Jordan (BL)	99
WOLR108	Black Battery	2
	Black Ring	6
	Mallet		4  ←Galius Zed
	Wall		10
	Decoy		6
	Net		8
	Bulldozer	4  ←Firestorm?
ATA	Black Lantern	8
	Corps x4
		Total:	497
Theme: Black Lantern Corps

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 20, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My next scheduled Heroclix game isn't for two weeks, which'll be a 600 point named theme team game. Since we're allowed a different team each round, I've opted for three teams I've been aching to try:

Squadron Supreme:
Hyperion
Power Princess
Spectrum
Nighthawk

The most alpha-strikey of the three, I've been sitting on these primes forever and haven't used any save for the sealed games in which I pulled Spectrum and Whizzer. One Outwit, a possible TK, and Hyperion hitting hard without worrying about modifiers, there's nothing too fancy unless I feel like being more creative with Spectrum than just choosing TK/Psy Blast/PW.

Maximum Carnage:
Carrion
Carnage
Shriek
Doppelgänger
Demogoblin
ATA

I've been waiting since Morand announced he was making Shriek to run this, if that's any indication as to how rarely a 600 pt format pops up around here. At first I thought this team wouldn't be terribly competitive, but I forgot just how many tricks all of these guys have. With the ATA to disrupt clustery teams, there's a lot of damage that can be done in a single turn. Much less tentpole heavy than the Squadron, the loss of any one Carnage Family member doesn't really hinder the others, though keeping Shriek safe is always a must. Hopefully I get to play against a Spidey for maximum theme.

Injustice Society:
Solomon Grundy
Vandal Savage @half
Shade @half
Per Degaton
Wizard

This team is surprisingly tricky as I'll start off with three Outwits, two Probs, a Sidestep/TK, a Flier, my three support people have built in protections, my primary attackers are pains in the rear end to put down, and I can push Shade for a double Perplex. These guys are rough as gently caress, and I don't really feel the lack of long range pieces when my shutdown is that heavy.

Also for funsies, I thought of a boss 300 point team for the next time we run that format:

Arkham Asylum:
Poison Ivy prime
Joker's Daughter
SoG Scarecrow
Slosh Riddler

I appreciate that it's lacking move and attack, and that much of my damage is predicated upon Mind Control, the opponent having enough action tokens, and the opponent having a worthwhile father figure for Duela. It's also easy enough to pad out with extra figures to enhance the basic idea for larger point games: 400+ you add Black Mask, then you can start using other actual attackers like Croc or Deadshot and Harley depending on what you're going for.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So, let's imagine we have a colossal WF Elasti-Girl, two squares away from a GSX Mystique, with Stealth, sitting in printed hindering terrain.

Can Elasti-Girl reach over via Giant Reach to attack Mystique?

Judge sez: No, because Giant Reach requires you to draw a line of fire.
HC Realms sez: Yes, because you're targeting the square.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

"Targeting the square" is only a thing with Telekinesis, I think.

I think your judge is right. Although it shouldn't be, because it's still a close combat attack and those don't require line of fire.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

"Targeting the square" is only a thing with Telekinesis, I think.

I think your judge is right. Although it shouldn't be, because it's still a close combat attack and those don't require line of fire.

Characters occupying a square within x squares and LOF may be targeted as if they were adjacent.

You aren't drawing LOF to the character, its the square they are in. The judge was wrong. Stealth offers no protection against giant reach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

So, let's imagine we have a colossal WF Elasti-Girl, two squares away from a GSX Mystique, with Stealth, sitting in printed hindering terrain.

Can Elasti-Girl reach over via Giant Reach to attack Mystique?

Judge sez: No, because Giant Reach requires you to draw a line of fire.
HC Realms sez: Yes, because you're targeting the square.
Yes. Your judge is wrong -- show me where it says "line of fire" in the wording of Great Reach. Hint: It's not there, but the words "close combat attack" and "as if they were adjacent" are. You can punch someone adjacent to you even if you can't draw line of fire to them.

edit: I have been informed that yes, the words "line of fire" are in fact in there. Oops. I'm still right, though, because close combat attacks target the square.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 22, 2016

• Locked thread