Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html

One of the jurors was the father of a Sheriff's Department employee and another juror was the husband of a county clerk. No conflicts of interest here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

So Ken Kratz is receiving death threats? I mean, doctors get murdered in this country for doing their actual job. What's the hold up?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Sex Weirdo posted:

Well there is a decent sized sub-reddit for this documentary in which someone claims to have email correspondence with Ken Kratz where he talks about additional evidence that was not included in the documentary. His reputation aside, I found some of it interesting none the less.

Ignoring the fact that Kratz's reddit presented evidence ranges from nothing of value to circumstantial at best, there's still the matter of the Manitowac officer (who were all supposed to have handed it off to calumet) calling in the car before it had been "found" at the lot, the Manitowac officer (who were all supposed to have handed it off to calumet) finding the key "behind a bookcase" on the hundredth search attempt, Lenk changing his time of finding the car in the lot from 2pm in the day to 6 at night, the explicit instruction to the FBI not to find EDTA in the sample, and so on.

So, even if Kratz is right and his evidence is worth something, the Manitowac officers are still doing a bunch of poo poo.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I feel like it's OK for me to think both that there was clearly reasonable doubt in Avrey's case and also that he probably killed her and he belongs where he is currently...

Except for the fact that the standard to convict is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. You want guilt and reasonable doubt to exist at the same time.

This is the only time I've ever been able to use this saying correctly: you want to have your cake and eat it, too.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Buting: This clearly proves that the victim's phone was used after the day she went missing by someone who knew her password, and that something was deleted.
Judge: ...I'm having trouble seeing the relevance of this.

:cripes: Is this guy even awake? Even Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney wouldn't have been able to convince him something was wrong.

And the FBI instruction: the purpose of this test will be to determine the absence of EDTA in the sample swabs.

Oh wow the results came back so fast! How convenient!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Okay, you think what you think. What would convince you that it actually was a frame-up? Is your mind open to being swayed, and what would it take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

And they just kind of... figured out her password.

• Locked thread