Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
People getting fixated on this goddamn cat are why innocent people die behind bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pinky Artichoke posted:

OK, different issue, I'm almost finished (had to stop in the middle of episode 10) and I had to laugh a little when Steven says he never expected to go to jail again. Come on, man, you're a felon in possession of a firearm. You're still a reckless driver. You're putting yourself into compromising situations with an underage girl. Being exonerated in the past doesn't give you a Get Out Of Jail Free card for all of the petty bullshit that would've had you in and out of jail all along if Penny Beerntsen had never been attacked.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Avery doesn't put a lot of thought into his actions. I imagine most people know someone like him, and yeah you're not surprised when you hear they hosed up one way or another. That's probably got a lot to do with why people were ready to believe he did something so terrible.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Steve2911 posted:

Again, Phoenix Wright would have been hosed. I'd love to hear the logic behind that ruling.

How common is it during a murder trial to actually suggest a different killer? I was under the impression that most defenses revolve around simply trying to prove innocence if at all possible. The whole point of Phoenix Wright is that he's got a ridiculous three days to finish the trial and thus solving the case himself is his only option.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Diabolik900 posted:

Did you see any of the other footage of Brendan in this series?

At the very least, he made the prosecution lose their composure to the point that they sounded like they were gonna start throwing poo poo.

Shame he collected himself and salvaged it.

• Locked thread