Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'm suprised that less was made of the fact that there were no fingerprints on the car at all indicating that the murderer used gloves. Yet there were blood from Steves cut??

(Just finished episode 4 so sorry IF this is later brought up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

10thAvenue posted:

Okay, so I went through the transcripts of Brendan talking to his mom on (I think) 5/10/2006, Brendan and Michael O'Kelly (evil Len henchman) on 5/12/2006, and another call between Brendan and his mom on 5/13/2006.
The 5/10/2006 call was just like the documentary said - Brendan blatantly implicates Steven and himself, and it appears coerced or at least influenced since he expresses a lot of worry about the investigators that he had just spoken with and also in light of the 5/13/2006 call, which feels a lot more like a conversation, and where he changes his story and tone when he talks with his mother. During the 5/13 call, when discussing the murder, Brendan admits to his mother that he didn't have anything to do with the death/rape of Teresa, but then also says this:

I mean, in the 5/13 call, he was in no way implicating himself for anything, and just appears to be asking his mom a genuine question. And that really freaked me out and made me feel less sure of Avery's innocence. I mean, I understand Brendan's said a lot of contradictory stuff - I didn't read the confession/court transcripts but read from Reddit that there was something like 12 versions of the story - but maybe he was confused the whole time because he did see Avery that day, potentially helped Avery hide the evidence and had no idea what he was doing, but started to suspect with all of the questioning, and then fell into the "repeat after me and you won't go to jail" trap. So I'm inclined to believe this, especially when the 1 hard evidence they had against Brendan was that they found bleach on the jeans he was wearing that day. But just to be clear, at least on 5/13/06, it's clear he didn't realize what the garage clean up or anything else that happened that night might've entailed, and certainly he did not actually see the killing, because he was speculating with his mom whether or not Avery had done it (see below). I feel this off-the-cuff remark is more indicative of his actual beliefs/experiences than answers he gave to direct questions of "Did Avery/did you see Avery do it?", especially from investigators where he might've felt that a certain answer was expected (although his mom also asked him that in this call, to which he replied "not that I know of".)

The O'Kelly interview was interesting, showing some more of his dirtbaginess, and also Brendan's limited IQ:

And some weird poo poo:

MOK also asked him if Teresa had mentioned God.
Although, on a serious note - he pressed Brendan about why his mother's van was in the pit and if Teresa had been near it. I didn't really understand where he got that one, but then again he asked about vibrators so who knows if it had any relevance either.

I remember reading somewhere(i think it was in connection to the bleached jeans) that the red/Brown stuff was batteryliquid? Or so Brendan or Steven said somewhere. I'll try to dig up a source

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The Filmmakers here kind of answer to critics who say they omitted pieces of evidence. They also fire back at Katz.

http://www.people.com/article/making-a-murderer-filmmakers-respond-steven-avery-prosecutor-ken-kratz

quote:

Ken Kratz is entitled to his own opinion, but he's not entitled to his own facts," filmmaker Laura Ricciardi told The Wrap. "If he'd like to put together a documentary and try to discredit us in some way, he's welcome to do that. We're not going to be pulled into re-litigating the Halbach case with him.

quote:

I guess I would ask Kratz what he would trade it for. We tried to choose what we thought was Kratz's strongest evidence pointing toward Steven's guilt, the things he talked about at his press conferences, the things that were really damning toward Steven. That's what we put in. The things I've heard listed as things we've left out seem much less convincing of guilt than Teresa's DNA on a bullet or her remains in his backyard." 

• Locked thread