Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

lol yeah i hope all of you who are ever arrested are condemned for something utterly unrelated by a corrupt and biased legal system. The evidence used to convict Avery was garbage, and the kid's confession was coerced and meaningless (hint: kids will say anything if you badger them enough as the consequences are beyond their understanding--this sort of poo poo had led to waves of false incarceration and moral panics).

Murderer or not, the defense presented a mountain of reasonable doubt and the local keystones should have not been anywhere near or in anyway involved with the investigation given their declared conflict of interest.

Grem posted:

The two kids tearfully recasting their statements read more to me like they know their story os right but can't speak of it or the entire family will fall apart. So they try a last minute recant hail marry and it fails.

Kids will say all sorts of zany thing if pressured, led (e.g. "the satanic cult then had ritual sex with you. Isn't that right?") or for attention. You just desperately need to believe that cops are good and this couldn't happen to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Grem posted:

That's not the case but I did read multiple articles before posting that one, and honestly got a little tired of it and just posted the last one I read. Animal cruelty is a pretty good indicator of future problems. Being sent to prison falsely for over a decade certainly didn't do Avery's psyche any favors.

In summary, police are bad, Avery is bad, DA is bad.

Animal cruelty is not a deterministic indicator of being a future rape murderer. Being a dumb hick (i.e. 95% of Wisconsin) is not a crime. The state's narrative is garbage and they have no coherent theory that implicates Avery or Dassey. To your other post, you clearly are a Wisconsinite if you buy the DA's slimy assertion that to not convict Avery is to judge the police guilty of murder. Further, a $36 million lawsuit and abject hatred will make people do bad things, tinfoil not included.

In short, you need to believe in Avery's guilt as to immunize yourself to the terror that this could, given your cognitive limitations, happen to you!

Yudo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 28, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Grem posted:

I'm sure the FBI was very eager to collude with Bumfuck Wisconsin to frame an innocent man.

I hope at this point you are trolling:

WP posted:

The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c310_story.html

Which, as it happens, it but the tip of the iceberg, e.g. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/csi-is-a-lie/390897/, but a snippet:

Atlantic posted:

In North Carolina, "agents withheld exculpatory evidence or distorted evidence in more than 230 cases over a 16-year period. Three of those cases resulted in execution. There was widespread lying, corruption, and pressure from prosecutors and other law-enforcement officials on crime lab analysts to produce results that would help secure convictions. And the pressure worked."

Much of forensics is shoddy pseudoscience if not in manner in method.

Edit: and just so we are clear, the above has resulted in hundreds being falsely convicted of death penalty crimes that have later exonerated, all across the country. The FBI is very eager to collude with local law enforcement and the checkered history of their Crime Lab is proof positive.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 28, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

^^than change the laws for animal murder rather than falsely convict a guy of the people kind. You seem to be missing the entire point here.

Leon Einstein posted:

/\
It isn't really relevant to how the police hosed him over repeatedly.

This is blowing up on my FB, and seeing idiots write how they haven't seen this yet but know he's guilty makes me fume. One guy said his dad worked at the Milwaukee Crime lab, so he already "seen" all the evidence. When was Milwaukee processing any evidence? For the record, I live in Wisconsin, so everyone's an expert.

How can detectives feel good about coaching a borderline mentally retarded boy to confess?

Because they have helped purge undesirables from the glorious county of Manitowoc. Also, Wisconsin is Northern Alabama.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 29, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I think it needs to be restated that: the prospect of two intellectually marginal slobs selectively eliminating incriminating genetic material (effused in violent gratuity) while otherwise leaving the layers of filth and general disorder of junk undisturbed should be met with incredulity. To argue that somehow, said nefarious halfwits--with their transcendent talents of obscuration-- would omit damning evidence in the form of a DNA covered bullet, a car key and a blood covered RAV 4 from their expert purge should be insulting to anyone with an IQ above room temperature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Except the FBI doesn't care about accuracy or fact, just the "correct" result that supports the state's case.

E.g. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c310_story.html

and there are many more examples.

• Locked thread