Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I really struggled to watch Eugene Kusche and not think of the Butterfield Detective Agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

EL BROMANCE posted:

Anyway, if you liked that then watch this. Was mentioned in the thread earlier, but it's very good (made in 2000 and fairly low budget, but fits in with this spate of 'true crazy crimes you've never heard of' documentaries we're getting).

Murder on a Sunday Morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWwf-uHrCIA

It has a happier ending, I promise. But holy poo poo. The whole time it's a split between 'this kid is either an amazing liar or this police department is horribly corrupt'.

This was excellent. "Did you try and find any evidence to corroborate this statement?" "Nope".

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It would have made it a lot easier to claim no evidence was planted if the county cops that said they were removing themselves from the investigation had actually done so, and not coincidentally been around on search #7 when actual evidence linking Steven to the crime started to appear. The whole system relies on 'beyond reasonable doubt', the defense lawyers (from what the documentary showed) did a good job of convincing me that there was a lot of doubt over Steven's involvement.

He might well have done it and covered it up really well, but that's not how courts work. On the evidence presented in the courtroom there is no way a guilty verdict should have been returned.

• Locked thread