Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm pretty sure that Avery killed her. That doesn't make anything the Cops did any less despicable though. The story about him lighting a cat on Fire didn't leave my mind during any of the 10 hours...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

precision posted:

Even if you honestly believe beyond a reasonable doubt that Avery did it - first of all, congratulations on being a moron - I simply cannot fathom how anyone could believe the crime occurred the way the police presented it, with Brendan being involved and all.

On that basis alone the verdict should have been overturned and at a minimum a new trial done. The basis of the American legal system is not supposed to be "Well, nothing happened the way we said it did, and there's even a mountain of evidence to demonstrate it absolutely didn't happen the way we're saying it did, but we got The Right Guy so that's all that matters!"

This thread may end up making me more sad than the show itself.

I feel like it's OK for me to think both that there was clearly reasonable doubt in Avrey's case and also that he probably killed her and he belongs where he is currently...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

God loving dammit. Nothing here of even remote substance.

I finally finished all of the episodes, and at a bare minimum Brendan Dassey needs to be immediately released from prison.

Burning a cat alive for fun isn't remote substance? That is bone chilling psychopathic behavior.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

People getting fixated on this goddamn cat are why innocent people die behind bars.

I'm actually fine with people who have it in themselves to torture a defenseless animal to death for fun like that dying behind bars.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yudo posted:

^^than change the laws for animal murder rather than falsely convict a guy of the people kind. You seem to be missing the entire point

I said that the criminal justice portion of this story is an utter travesty in my first post in this thread.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Guess this hasn't been posted yet..

Article and half hour interview with Jodi.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/13/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-s-ex-fiancee-claims-behind-closed-doors-he-s-a-monster.html

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Retail Slave posted:

She's cashing in on her fame.

She went to jail for like 6 months for DUI's. In WISCONSIN. By far the most lax state in the nation in regards to drunken driving laws. The woman probably doesn't have any functioning brain cells left or needs beer money.

How is she cashing in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kaworu posted:

God, I can't believe that woman is still on TV. I can totally see her as the ultimate "Anti-Avery Crusader" she was probably the only one really giving the case continual national news attention on that program of hers. *shiver*

And what Jodi says is interesting but it's frankly difficult to believe based on everything that was in the documentary - such as all the prison phone calls between them that we hear which she likely didn't know were being recorded. It seems to fly in the face of that; she didn't seem at all scared, but again, we aren't receiving a full picture. At the same time they clearly had a rocky relationship.

Ultimately it comes down to whether you really believe her or not, I guess, but I don't think it's the sort of thing that will change anyone's mind. Though it does create an interesting wrinkle in the overall story, I guess.

Seriously? Your first reaction to that interview is that she's an " ultimate "Anti-Avery Crusader" "?

• Locked thread