Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carew
Jun 22, 2006
*Show depicts insanely gross miscarriage of justice that sentences a coerced mentally challenged 17 year old kid (almost certainly innocent) and a man of dubious guilt to life in prison*

but what about the cat????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Atticus Finch posted:

I also can't get over Judge Fox admitting Brendan's original lawyer was a piece of poo poo that thought Brendan was innocent and STILL denying a new trial.

Not only that, he admitted his lawyer did a hosed up thing but somehow still allowed the confession obtained from said hosed up thing to play in court. What?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

TrixR4kids posted:

How do people watch a documentary in which cops probably planted evidence and clearly got a ton of poo poo wrong, and then just assume the cops had to be right about the animal cruelty thing?

I think he admitted it, pleaded guilty and did time for it. The show does try to paint him as a guy who did bad poo poo but consistently owns up to them.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Look, we should just start locking up everyone we think is capable of committing crimes and not because they actually committed a crime.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I feel like it's OK for me to think both that there was clearly reasonable doubt in Avrey's case and also that he probably killed her and he belongs where he is currently...

what are you basing your judgement on if not by the evidence presented/argued by the people who want to put him away? do you know something we don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
I think hoping they'll get the guillotine is a bit harsh as I don't think any of them killed any cats.

• Locked thread