Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Bay 12 Games (@Bay12Games) tweeted at 4:16 PM on Tue, Dec 22, 2015:

After many safe and lonely years, Dwarf Fortress finally has giant elephants and hoary marmot people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

:iit:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

nice marmot

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Death.... I am not upset by this.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Me: Gah!!!! *punches hoary marmot man in the stomach*

Hoary marmot man: I ... just wanted to show you this poem I procedurally generated...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Hoary marmot man: I ... just wanted to show you this poem I procedurally generated...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It was... INEVITABLE!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
then there are carp people who kill you with a thought

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ristolaz posted:

hahaha

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ristolaz quickly climbing up my personal imp zone tier list

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this game has always seemed cool, but i've never had the desire to play it personally

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i can't stand playing dwarf fortress for long but god i love the weird stuff that comes out of it, like the hardcore carp and the executioners biting people to death

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

i can't stand playing dwarf fortress for long but god i love the weird stuff that comes out of it, like the hardcore carp and the executioners biting people to death

It's real fun once you learn the basics and then your fort gets above like 30 dwarves and its nigh-unmanageable and you have to use the utilities to have the game play itself until an enemy shows up or you want to build a new level and then its boring to me

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Bay 12 Games (@Bay12Games) tweeted at 4:16 PM on Tue, Dec 22, 2015:

After many safe and lonely years, Dwarf Fortress finally has giant elephants and hoary marmot people.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember a few pretty funny screenies of this but I forgot the subject matter of most of them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh right does anyone have the one from adventure mode where the player is hacking at a troll and causing him to scream in agony and stuff.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

i just remember the boat murdered lp

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
most interesting stories about dwarf fortress are staged or highly distorted to look more interesting

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Does it have good coding too now?
Semi-serious question btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Flannelette posted:

Does it have good coding too now?
Semi-serious question btw

Oh. poo poo.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

His coding was really bad last time I played it, is it still bad or is he getting more efficient so you don't get 1fps in a ascii game.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Flannelette posted:

His coding was really bad last time I played it, is it still bad or is he getting more efficient so you don't get 1fps in a ascii game.

get the gently caress out of here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Flannelette posted:

This guy's a loving moron... and yes, my monitor is on and I don't even know how to sign a post!!!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Flannelette posted:

The release before the latest one was worse in terms of fps because of the simulation of falling leaves. I don't know how is the very latest release.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

program666 posted:

The release before the latest one was worse in terms of fps because of the simulation of falling leaves.

reinstalling now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Yo what da gently caress up. It's ya boy flanelette here and before we get any further I need to know if the games 'Code' is good or not. efficient, etc, this is somehow important to me to have fun because uhhh i care about retarded poo poo and im a fuckin freak too.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Yo what da gently caress up. It's ya boy flanelette here and before we get any further I need to know if the games 'Code' is good or not. efficient, etc, this is somehow important to me to have fun because uhhh i care about retarded poo poo and im a fuckin freak too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
2cat......pfffthahahahhaha

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

2cat......pfffthahahahhaha

One of my favourite memes.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010