Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Holiday Travel: Vita or 3DS
Vita
3DS
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

if nothing else its a handheld ps1+psp and epic for watching youtube videos on cos of the good screen. but theres also persona 4 golden , ys celceta etcetera. i would take it over a 3ds although if its a holiday im riding my bike all day for sure.

This is just for the travel, when I'm there I'm spending time with family and probably seeing Star Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That is anther point though, the original vita screen is gorgeous. I've heard the later models weren't as good

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have an OG white vita :smug:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

That is anther point though, the original vita screen is gorgeous. I've heard the later models weren't as good

supposedly they switched to LED but i dont know if its really all that much worse. i wouldnt be surprised though because the original screen is the best thing ive ever played on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I have an OG white vita :smug:

The assassin's creed bundle vita? Same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I bought a used original one from Gamestop and the screen is amazing

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

The assassin's creed bundle vita? Same

Yeah. I got it used from that cow site, and it had the saddest game collection on it and a wallpaper of this hazy photo of this kid's family

I don't actually own a copy of asscreed on my vita account tho :colbert:. Actually I'm not sure let me check my download list *spends the next 2 hours sifting through an unsorted list of PS3 dlc and ps plus shovel ware *

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Ps vita and draogns crowns. Yeah I circle faps to that for sure

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

what games are on the vita

ys: memories of celceta
ys: oath
ys: 7
la-mulana
shadow tower
armored core
brandish: the dark revenant
metal slug 3
pix the cat
gravity rush
broken age
binding of isaac: rebirth
sonic all stars racing transformed (SART)
monster hunter freedom unite
hot shots golf: world invitational
nuclear throne
bastion
hotline miami
touch my katamari
hatsune miku
rogue legacy
don't starve
castlevania dracula x (including symphony of the night)
spelunky
metal gear solid hd collection
lumines
rainman legends
muramasa rebirth
dragon's crown
orgarhythm
txk
edf 2017
dustforce
half minute hero
mgs: peace walker
tearaway
mvc3
pinball
persona 4
persona 3
tactics ogre
jeanne d'arc

diablo 3 and other wrpgs via remote play. looking forward to tropico 5 when it hits the bargain bin.

my vita is basically an nvidia shield with wormskull's steam account. also i don't have assassin's creed on my white vita's account, confirmed :smugbert:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

it has jet grind radio on there too because i bought that on mine

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
something i could suggest is a flash cart for your 3ds too. like this is maybe a moral issue for some but its something im familiar with cos i was poor growing up and even now that i have money i still use one because it allows you to play snes nes gba games etc on one handheld. the way i see it, if a games out of print then nobody is making money from it except for the guy selling the used copy of it to you.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

theres a lot of truth/wisdom to that suggestion, OP, you should check your firmware

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

something i could suggest is a flash cart for your 3ds too. like this is maybe a moral issue for some but its something im familiar with cos i was poor growing up and even now that i have money i still use one because it allows you to play snes nes gba games etc on one handheld. the way i see it, if a games out of print then nobody is making money from it except for the guy selling the used copy of it to you.

Yeah. I only go for physical copies of old stuff if it's like, 10 dollars MAX, since it's just giving money to resellers. I usually prefer the original hardware to emulation where I can, not out of any perceived purity, but because I'm stupid with computers and always seem to have problems with anything more involved than a SNES emu.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm planning on playing Yakuza 2 but I have to deal with a PS2 emulator because physical copies are like 150+ dollars. Who really wants Yakuza 2 booklets that much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

about a year ago i asked the impzone how to beat the early minotaur boss in smt4 because my wife, who pretty much only plays pokemon games was rage quitting and going bonkers over its difficulty and i never played the game myself so i didn't know.
today she finally remembered the game and wanted to try again and asked me to look at what you guys suggested and i look at her status in the game and her save in front of the boss has zero mp on all her characters, which from other games i know is probably not the way to beat a boss. i fixed that for her and told her based on your replies how to get the moves she needed and she won 1st try.
so anyway thanks for helping my family. now we will take 3ds on vacation so she can play the game more

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

maybe i'm biased because i have a new one but i've seen them side by side and its still pretty good. the colors are about as vibrant, the biggest difference is that oled does black pixels real good since its not backlit

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I took both my Vita and 3DS for Holiday Travel.

Vita: Dustforce, Super Meat Boy, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII, Dino Crisis 2, Patapon, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4, Persona 3, Guacamelee, Spelunky, Castlevania, Resident Evil 1-3, Klonoa, Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

3DS: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest V (I still am at the last boss), Bravely Default, Animal Crossing, Pokémon AlphaSapphire, Shovel Knight, Rune Factory 4, Monster Hunter 4, Shin Megami Tense IV, Wario Land 3, Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link's Awakening, Metroid, Mega Man 3, Super Mario 3D Land...

Oh Hell Yes. Gamer Hell Yes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Real hurthling! posted:

about a year ago i asked the impzone how to beat the early minotaur boss in smt4 because my wife, who pretty much only plays pokemon games was rage quitting and going bonkers over its difficulty and i never played the game myself so i didn't know.
today she finally remembered the game and wanted to try again and asked me to look at what you guys suggested and i look at her status in the game and her save in front of the boss has zero mp on all her characters, which from other games i know is probably not the way to beat a boss. i fixed that for her and told her based on your replies how to get the moves she needed and she won 1st try.
so anyway thanks for helping my family. now we will take 3ds on vacation so she can play the game more

The Gamer Wife Grows Stronger

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
I holiday travel by car, so I always take two handhelds with me and never have to choose.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Can't go wrong with some smash and Theatrerhythm to kill half an hour, and Monster Hunter for longer periods of time. The tiny OG 3DS makes my hands and neck hurt tho

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I don't own a vita but own a 3DS so I'm going to say 3DS.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Have you played ZHP on vita/psp, OP? Seems like it might be cool, I wonder if it ever goes on sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman" is one hell f a name

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sold

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im on vacation now with dragon quest v and i got stuck on the magma boss. Gotta grind hard to get by unless i can get lucky with a recruit that knows fuddle. dqv owns real hard

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

3ds if you have access to a power outlet

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
does anybody have triforce heroes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

does anybody have triforce heroes

I do and I love it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i would probably take a 3ds, since a 3ds has games, while the vita does not :smugmrgw:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I do and I love it

I just started playing and it's so much fun

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i would probably take a 3ds, since a 3ds has games, while the vita does not :smugmrgw:

:smugmrgw:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ratio of PS1:PSP:PSVita games in my collection
5: 3 :1

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

lllllllllllllllllll