Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

This is unrelated to anything currently, but I've always thought it was funny that Invisible War had a bug where if your inventory was full and you tried to pick up a lock pick it would say Inventory Full! in the corner and then spawn an extra lock pick on top of the one you clicked on, which you could just keep doing to spawn infinity lock picks. It also spawns in like directly vertical in the geometry, which is how I found out about it because I was indoors trying to pick one up and it kept making a weird clinking noise so I kept clicking it until the weight of 80+ lockpicks crashed through the roof's skylight and set off an alarm, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Lol.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i might have to replay invisible war on my xbox

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ok im going into the part of detroit where they kills augs onsight

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i have the ability to punch out walls, the ability to take down two people at the same time, and all five hacking things. lets do this biotch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

This is unrelated to anything currently, but I've always thought it was funny that Invisible War had a bug where if your inventory was full and you tried to pick up a lock pick it would say Inventory Full! in the corner and then spawn an extra lock pick on top of the one you clicked on, which you could just keep doing to spawn infinity lock picks. It also spawns in like directly vertical in the geometry, which is how I found out about it because I was indoors trying to pick one up and it kept making a weird clinking noise so I kept clicking it until the weight of 80+ lockpicks crashed through the roof's skylight and set off an alarm, lmao.

lol

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
invisible war isn't a horrible game besides the technical bugs

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Hoodrich posted:

invisible war isn't a horrible game besides the technical bugs
The Starbucks v Coffee Bean propaganda war was the best.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

lmao that owns

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

lmao the matrix is real

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

well it happened. i killed my first person. i smashed my hands through a wall and broke his neck.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

well it happened. i killed my first person. i smashed my hands through a wall and broke his neck.

youre through the looking glass

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i tried being nice and stealthy my entire run but there was a point when i couldn't, installed all the lethal mods on the assault rifle i never used and it was a crazy moment, to suddenly have all that power

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i always play these games (and dishonored) as a sneaky good guy, maybe if i replay HR after the new year i'll switch over to being a murderer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its challenging (in a fun way) 2 be the sneaky good cop but jensen also has huge blades that spring out of his hands and the ability to shoot a dozen grenades out of mystery holes in his body

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

day of sex

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i always play these games (and dishonored) as a sneaky good guy, maybe if i replay HR after the new year i'll switch over to being a murderer

I did a lethal run after a ton of sneaky ones and it was pathetically easy. Even on ng Jensen becomes a murder machine by the time you hit Not Hong Kong. Playing a sneaky murderer is kinda fun tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the cover system and easy headshots make murder mode way too easy. the first major place you sneak into is a base shoulder-to-shoulder with heavily armed mercs and i thought itd be fun to quick save and see how long i could last if i went ballistic, the answer was forever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im playing ôn murder mode and having a good time

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

im playing ôn murder mode and having a good time

Murder mode in the new one looks even cooler

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

I tried going for the pacifist achievement by only knocking ppl out but then i didnt get it cause some guy falling in a puddle probably drowned in hong kong or something christ

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oli posted:

I tried going for the pacifist achievement by only knocking ppl out but then i didnt get it cause some guy falling in a puddle probably drowned in hong kong or something christ

A ton of people miss this because they kill people during the intro and don't realize it counts. There's also a few quests with potentially lethal outcomes where it's not explicit that one option means someone dies because of you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also tranq head shots Are sometimes lethal if you're too closel

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

the cover system and easy headshots make murder mode way too easy. the first major place you sneak into is a base shoulder-to-shoulder with heavily armed mercs and i thought itd be fun to quick save and see how long i could last if i went ballistic, the answer was forever.

Yeah, you can get a silencer, laser sight and armour piercing mods for the 9mm pistol very early, which borderline breaks the game because you can perfectly kill someone noiselessly and at a decent range through headshots, outside of the absolutely strongest enemies in the last area of the game.

It loving rules, is what I'm saying. The guns start out super lame but once you start upgrading your pets they are really great.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

Yeah, you can get a silencer, laser sight and armour piercing mods for the 9mm pistol very early, which borderline breaks the game because you can perfectly kill someone noiselessly and at a decent range through headshots, outside of the absolutely strongest enemies in the last area of the game.

It loving rules, is what I'm saying. The guns start out super lame but once you start upgrading your pets they are really great.

Is the golden gun with the built-in laserpointer any good?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Oli posted:

Is the golden gun with the built-in laserpointer any good?

you are now reading this in the robotic Omar voice: "Indeed"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

The Real Foogla posted:

you are now reading this in the robotic Omar voice: "Indeed"

This robotic Omar or a robotic :omarcomin:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Guns and mods in human revolutIon 2: deus ex 4 look even cooler

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

killed the first boss in ten seconds FTW

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

killed the first boss in ten seconds FTW

That dude always hosed me up because I was a stealthy melee guy before I found out I could throw barrels at him like donkey kong

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think in the original the boss room had a magnum in it that could kill him in six shots

Dec 26, 2012

in the original you could just chain-stungun him to death

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i killed him throwing by throwing barrels at him? i might be thinking of donkey kong country.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah my stealth way was always to stun gun his face six times and he couldn't do anything

Sometimes I wish I didn't have every inch of this game committed to memory so I could play it again and actually enjoy it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im in Shanghai. the story is picking up

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sorry this is taking so long. im a slow gamer

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the girl in the helicopter dropped me off in front of a brothel ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sorry this is taking so long. im a slow gamer

ya you should be. its pissing me off how your taking your time and playing this game at your own pace. Fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im in Shanghai. the story is picking up

*Hengsha

• Locked thread