Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the trolls in this game say "trolololo" when they're trying to think very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
My sword broke beating up drowners.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"Changed my mind, here to kill you." is a frequent dialogue choice

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This mountain.... trolly mountain! Good rocks!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I liked on that mission where a troll is serving the Poland army and when you have to choose if either you or him paint the coat of arms on a ship wreckage and somehow the retarded rock monster paints a realistic representation while Geralt draws a 6 year old kid drawing.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I liked on that mission where a troll is serving the Poland army and when you have to choose if either you or him paint the coat of arms on a ship wreckage and somehow the retarded rock monster paints a realistic representation while Geralt draws a 6 year old kid drawing.

thats a good quest

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

always be nice to trolls

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SM64Guy posted:

always be nice to trolls

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

always be nice to trolls

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SM64Guy posted:

always be nice to trolls

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i was happy to see geralt finally be bad at something

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Did you miss the play

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have over 120 hours in this and I haven't gone to skellige yet. I can't stop doing question marks

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm looking forward to playing this maybe around March.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

He actually seems to be awful at everything that isn't being a rough rear end in a top hat or specific witcher stuff like potions and killing people with swords

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im going to watch a video of the first one and then play the second iguess since i started it and never finished it.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I thought killing the griffin was gonna be hard, but it was easy!

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
It took me two tries I think but I'm on 2nd hardest difficulty if I remmeber right

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

play the game on Hard or Very Hard or else the combat will never ever challenge you. boss monsters even get new attacks on hard mode.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Can I switch it to hard on the fly or do I have to start a new game

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It wasn't really hard after the beginning on the second hardest difficulty either, I'd do the hardest personally. You can do it on the fly.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone else feel like quen regeneration makes the game too easy. I'm on second to hardest and whenever I get in trouble I just bubble and get my life back

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I was playing on second hardest and I don't think I ever used quen. I always spammed the force push because Geralt is a jedi.

I'm guessing quen and the trap signs are actually the best ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOKiVSY4pSU

oh snap the knockback looks real good

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 9, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

When people hit your quen bubble you get chunks of health back & it explodes &
Knocks people back

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Benny D posted:

Does anyone else feel like quen regeneration makes the game too easy. I'm on second to hardest and whenever I get in trouble I just bubble and get my life back

I don't think it's that great - sure it can heal you, but so can potions, and time/stamina spent on shielding is time not killing things with igni/aard/yrden/etc. I can't say I tried every build, but I mostly ignored quen even after levelling it.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Benny D posted:

there are a bunch of sign combos that make the game too easy. Quen healing is one of of the more straightforward ones, but probably weak compared to some other stuff. For example, you can set it up so you regen stamina quickly, use the decoction that makes stamina spending regen your health, and upgrade igni. Now you kill everything with fire, and heal yourself at the same time. Or, you could upgrade yrden until it basically becomes Time Stop.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

On the other hand pretty much any high level build makes the game too easy imo, signs are just a bit more obvious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

always be nice to trolls

this.

• Locked thread