Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I remember constantly bugging the game because I chased off those crows and the first dungeon wouldn't let me out at the end :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Wow, poor Raziel. He's pretty much everybody's pawn. The worst is that he thinks he's doing anything of his own will.

That's the biggest tragedy in his story. He actually IS doing it of his own free will.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Is it just me, or do the female mercenaries sound like they're getting goosed when Raziel is driving his cloven fist through their hearts? It sounds like "ooh! :3: " rather than :gonk: to me

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Wouldn't this technically be the third paradox in the series? The first in BO and the third we just saw, but by my understanding (and possibly remembering dialog from later in this game), we saw a minor paradox in the first Soul Reaver.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah, I think Raziel even states exactly that the paradox was what broke the blade. That's what's throwing me off because it seems like history wasn't altered in the way the other two were.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I think a distinction should be made because

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

My technique for the Black Demons, if not the lesser fire demons, was to just hang back and pelt them with Reaver bolts. It does damage, just not very much. And it takes a shitload of time.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I can't share my favorite line because it's from Defiance. Out of context it's probably not a spoiler, but might as well not risk it.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Raziel would just happen to see the prehistoric rites and rituals that were the precursor to the pillar guardians and realize that the cycle's been going on since there were people to do it. There would be two reaver dungeons, one for flint and one for bone. The flint one would allow Raziel to cut through previously uncuttable materials and the bone upgrade would let the reaver control dead things or something.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

double nine posted:

I love that line. One of the few times Raziel hints at a sense of humor.

He does show it off a few times in the games. "Apparently I am" is also one of my favorites.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ah, the Air Forge. The entirety of the forge was given out with, I think, Game Informer or some other magazine as a preview for SR2 gameplay. I must have played it a dozen times.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Incidentally, I just remembered that the lightning demons at least possess a one-hit "kill" which I do recall seeing one attempt in the LP. They grab Raziel with their claws and shock him, instantly sending him to the spectral realm. I think they're the only demons that have a one shot kill attack.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

"Apparently I am" remains one of my favorite ironic quips in the series, but top billing has to go to Kain in Defiance.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Alexeythegreat posted:

I'm fairly certain BO2 doesn't end in a cliffhanger

Yeah, but who even played BO2? :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

We have done extraordinary things in my time, but this takes the cake. Good luck, Alexey :s

• Locked thread