Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Anthrovore posted:

I can only hope someone makes a new Sea Patrol thread when this one is goldmined, Obsurveyor is still working on his game!

I've got two things on my to do list this year: Get rid of 95% my physical poo poo and make an awesome SEA PATROL game.

Heading back home tomorrow morning and I'm still super excited to be working on SEA PATROL, I just get all kinds of ideas whenever I sit and think about it. Expect more Shore Duty updates next week after I get settled into my normal routine again. Gonna miss having all these hours to just work on game dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Wait, where are all of the minority SEA PATROL members?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

etalian posted:

This thread makes me wish for a Sea Patrol themed version of Xcom.

Over time you upgrade your sea patrol troops from pick ax handles to rail guns.

Instead of preventing terror missions like in Xcom you do ops such as breaking into random dive instructor schools to massacre all the participants.

i assume you missed

Fintilgin posted:

SEA PATROL: Terror From The Deep

UNAUTHORIZED DIVE DETECTED!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Raere posted:

Wait, where are all of the minority SEA PATROL members?

it's england, they don't have multiculturalism there

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Obsurveyor posted:

I've got two things on my to do list this year: Get rid of 95% my physical poo poo and make an awesome SEA PATROL game.

Heading back home tomorrow morning and I'm still super excited to be working on SEA PATROL, I just get all kinds of ideas whenever I sit and think about it. Expect more Shore Duty updates next week after I get settled into my normal routine again. Gonna miss having all these hours to just work on game dev.

Please keep us updated on the SEA PATROL game, it's been legitimately cool to see

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

it's england, they don't have multiculturalism there

I don't think anyone in SEA PATROL even has any hair except for that one guy.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Obsurveyor posted:

if you need original models or textures for that hit me up and I'll see what I can do during my spare time

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Are there any women in the SEA PATROL looniverse?

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
behead those who insult SEA PATROL

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The Sphinxster posted:

Yes, they appear nude on recreational divers' tanks and can even be recreational divers.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Add glasses and this is what I saw:

(I saw a smiling, old dude with glasses, I didn't notice the black pupils at the top, raised the visor because I don't have the model setup in Blender)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Sea Patrol vs Sea Shepard, whoever wins we all win

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It wouldn't take too much to make a 90s cgi Sea Patrol intro.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Sphinxster posted:

Women are too weak to execute unarmed scooby dos with rail guns.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

hackbunny posted:

it's an old fashioned working class weapon, featured in countless strike breaking actions and very popular in demonstrations for over a century. in italy it's nicknamed "the stalin" and historically brandished by the communist party's security service at parades. some union workers still march in parades in anti-riot police formation, holding "stalins" horizontally in front of them with both hands

do you remember that turkish blockade runner bringing aid to the gaza strip, that was boarded by israeli marines a few years ago? most of the weapons they confiscated were pickaxe handles

it's a euro thing I guess

This is legitimately interesting, thanks.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
This is all pretty fun but literally the first words on the page the OP linked to are:

quote:

This is a possible near future or "alternate time line". All diving has been put under a tight naval / industrial control. Enforcing this is one of the duties of the inshore branches of the Sea Patrol. If you don't want this sort of thing to become reality, watch out for authoritarianism and officialdom creeping up on your favourite hobby.

It's satire that's somehow turned into wankfodder.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

This is all pretty fun but literally the first words on the page the OP linked to are:

The Marquis de Sade commonly prefaced his thousands and thousands of words of anal rape and making GBS threads on people's eyeballs with the caveat that he was just doing it as a cautionary tale lest people get too randy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Still thinking up stupid slurs for rec divers because I am a child:

Dayglos
Speargun-chuckers
Hobnail-heads
Warffare-recipients
Trinoxers

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
glow worms

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

It makes sense if you put it together. One of the vignettes is a heroic member of the SEA PATROL returning to the diving club that kicked him out. This guy was a salt of the earth type who did a lot of work helping to turn an old pub into a diving club, so obviously he wasn't kicked for breaking reasonable rules. No, it must have been "authoritarianism and officialdom creeping up".

Local club president wants to act like an authoritarian jack booted thug? I"ll give you authoritarian jack booted thugs!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

someone pointed out a while back that the guy clearly read Judge Dredd and basically remade that except in the ocean and even more ridiculously absurd

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Still thinking up stupid slurs for rec divers because I am a child:

Dayglos
Speargun-chuckers
Hobnail-heads
Warffare-recipients
Trinoxers

He called them argon-breathers once I think. I guess because yellow is the color of argon tanks or something? He makes a big deal on color-coding tanks to industrial gas coloring standards.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-frogman_techniques

quote:

There have been reports of some naval personnel objecting to civilian divers getting into waters being used for armed forces exercises, or considering any sport diving as intruding into naval and work divers' territory, and being tempted to take their own action against the "intruders".

I have a feeling that this comes from personal experience.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
their territory meaning the entire ocean. i somehow doubt that is based on personal experience, because sea patrol is not real.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ok this thread will now live where the gold is mined........observer: feel free to make a new SEA PATROL thread for the game... I for one am excited to have recreation with it....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

• Locked thread