Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

same. I don't really self hammer but I was just beyond my breaking point this game.

I don't blame you! I admittedly get something of a big head when I'm convinced I've caught scum. I'm sure it has to be annoying as hell to be on the receiving end of it when I'm wrong. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was convinced Kash was scum that day too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
By the time I self-voted, it felt pretty apparent I was the lynch with no recourse.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Was the game actually over with me being BP? Anyway gg no re.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Somberbrero posted:

Was the game actually over with me being BP? Anyway gg no re.

Your BP was consumed N1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

Your BP was consumed N1.

Oh, my pm said that I'd be told.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

With 3 scum and 4 to hammer, they control the vote so night actions don't matter anymore.

We had a jailer though so could have prevented a kill and SK could have killed a scum putting the game back in a winnable balance for the town. The scum generally wins when they control the vote and nothing can prevent them from losing that control, which they did not have here.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not that I care for this to continue, I just think ending the game at this point was premature and unfair to the SK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Oh, my pm said that I'd be told.

bahhhhhhh I think I must've changed that on the fly and forgot to put that in my notes, gently caress. I'm really sorry about that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JakeP posted:

We had a jailer though so could have prevented a kill and SK could have killed a scum putting the game back in a winnable balance for the town. The scum generally wins when they control the vote and nothing can prevent them from losing that control, which they did not have here.

if it helps, eplus, after using all of his powers, was gonna have a public dayvig today. And nobody had BP.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

BottleKnight posted:

if it helps, eplus, after using all of his powers, was gonna have a public dayvig today. And nobody had BP.

Specifically I was going to be a smug motherfucker and shoot Somber for the win

In fact ##kill Somber suck it scumkrew 2strong

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What could mystics do?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Welp sorry for that last day kashuno

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Murmur Twin posted:

I officially can't read Tommunist, I think I have a 0% success rate in calling their alignments. :argh:

its hard 2 read shitpostin

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
ty for the game bottle man

hooray scum. gj friends.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

SirSamVimes posted:

What could mystics do?

I had a one-shot lightning rod, one-shot roleblock and one-shot tracker. After using all of those I had a one-shot dayvig. That lightning rod caused a huge loving ruckus that basically let us get away with murder.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
All great reasons supporting my points calling Exakt an idiot for confirming Asiina as town because she didn't die on a night he protected her, and everyone else who acted like we should just go with it because "it seemed like the most likely possibility" "and no one CCed him!"

Maybe play mafia next game and dont try to speculate night actions you rubes

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
but he was right

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

All great reasons supporting my points calling Exakt an idiot for confirming Asiina as town because she didn't die on a night he protected her, and everyone else who acted like we should just go with it because "it seemed like the most likely possibility" "and no one CCed him!"

Maybe play mafia next game and dont try to speculate night actions you rubes

You were still dumb and wrong for actually believing that because I didn't say "I believe exakts claim" that it meant I didn't. I was wrong to think you were scum for it, but I honestly didn't believe your reasoning would be that bad.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
thanks BK, thanks all, sorry all for lurking so hard I really didn't wanna play so cheaply for my scum game but a lack of time and sleep deprivation left me without the energy to give it my all. Was somber a x-shot BP or would e+'s dayvig have failed? Cos that would have been a hilarious falling at the last hurdle...

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

You were still dumb and wrong for actually believing that because I didn't say "I believe exakts claim" that it meant I didn't. I was wrong to think you were scum for it, but I honestly didn't believe your reasoning would be that bad.

I pushed on it harder than I believeed it. I have a better time reading people when I go hard on them and can evaluate their reaction to it. I do think you switching your read on him from super scummy to just believing him was suspect, but it wasn't the smoking gun I pretended I thought it was.

totino boy posted:

but he was right

Thats not my point though. I am just pointing out that the game had an SK BP and a scum lightning rod that weren't going to CC Exakt regardless of what happened, and people were acting like the lack of CC made it more likely that Exakt prevented the kill. Its just bad form to clear people on something that could have happened for many many reasons

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

I pushed on it harder than I believeed it. I have a better time reading people when I go hard on them and can evaluate their reaction to it.

Which is a bit of the reason I was kind of upset that Kash self voted. I was really coming around to believing him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Oh and this is the game with bigup also, everyone pushing a policy lynch on him was really lovely, and it really put the game in a bad place. All you ended up doing was egging on a player who was way more likely town than scum to continue to act like an rear end

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like seriously if you ever vote a player because they scum claimed day 1 you are an idiot as much as that player was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i bet town win ratio would be better than average if they didnt even make cases and just voted off the lowest post count every day.

• Locked thread