Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is lovely. Like, I understand the reasoning behind it but that doesn't make it good. If he's such a distraction just pretend he's dead and work cases on different people? You're basically saying "I am willing to lynch town and advance a scum win because I am incapable of focusing".

Not that I know kash's town/scum metas but I wouldn't be surprised if Kash flips scum or 3p ##vote Kashuno

---

You're right, there's no "case". I just don't think, out of the current players, that you're not playing the way a town player does. Welcome to psuedoday 1.

(lol "substance")

---

Somber, do you think kash's vote on me was an OMGUS? If you had to take your best guess at it right now, who would you say my scumbuddies would be?

---

I think kash is still the best choice but I'll jump to chic if that's the only way to avoid a no-lynch;

Questions for E+:

(a) This is everything I've seen you say about Kash and I still don't understand why you think Kash is scum. Can you be more specific?

(b) Did Kash's watcher claim change your mind?

(c) In the event that it did, who do you think is scummiest? Other than Somber/BigUp being town I don't really see other opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote imgay

The confidence imgay is trying to convey in his Jake/Asiina reads feels feigned to me.

Puntification posted:

However I really dislike this vote, the justification seems abstracted, vague and not even directly related to whether imgay's alignment is town or scum. ##vote murmur twin

Let me try and clarify, then.

imgay posted:

Like how could you take all the options that occured last night and go straight to the least likely scenario. There wasn't a kill. Exakt claims protection. No one counterclaims. I don't get it why would you be pushing either of the two at this point

---

its not like your reads are genuine though jake. you don't even think about what your claiming people to be. exakt immeadiately says he clears asiina cause they protected them. Scum have no incentives to take risks like that you know better than that poo poo.

---

because asiina being tunneled so hard. i believe asiina is actively trying which never happens when ive seen her as scum before. and jake just feels super scummy, even more so with his tunnel. like its dumb when people criticize u for something they doing themself

Imgay is representing his point of view as:

(a) Asiina was protected on a night with no NK, and is trying hard, so based on her meta, is probably town
(b) Asiina being town is such a given that Jake even casing her is scummy

And he certainly seems to be confident that he's correct. I mean, right?

But what if Kashuno being jailed is the reason there was no NK? What if Asiina is actually scum who just happens to be posting this game? Even if imgay's read on Asii is correct, why is Jake's casing "scummy" instead of just "incorrect"? Why is imgay going so hard on casing JakeP (with Somber as second-scummiest) but not really casing me despite my asking similar questions about EXAKT/Asiina?

I asked those questions and didn't really get an answer. If he really was town who felt Jake is caught scum, I feel like he'd have more to say about what makes him think so. Instead, his answers to my questions were very brief:

imgay posted:

im getting high town vibes from asiina, so i wouldn't budge on that today. i don't like sombers posting so thats why he pinging me

---

sorry i post from the heart, if it means anything, your pushes have been pretty scummy too

---

like your posts on me are just interrogative and role fishy, its made lovely if you genuine

---

sounds like you actually need to do a reread then

The tone of his posts when casing Jake (confident) didn't match the tone of his posts (evasive) when I questioned him. Because of that, I think he's lying, and because of that, I think he's scum.

tl;dr - town motivation is hunting for scum, scum motivation is trying to get town lynched, and to me it feels to me like imgay is doing the latter.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also - probably not going to be around for the rest of the day but will be here before deadline tomorrow.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote BigUp

(a) I'm starting to come around on the idea that he might be scum.
(b) He isn't really scumhunting and I can't parse through his posts.
(c) His style of posting (imo) stifles conversation.
(d) A lot of people have taken a stand on him in one way or another so his flip has relative worth.
(e) And, for the sake of full disclosure, I don't find him particularly fun to play with.

Before I'm accused of jumping on the easy vote, I would also vote imgay or E+ and people are free to weigh in on my cases on them.

Other hot takes:

I don't want to take out a claimed PR (Tomm, Kash, EXAKT) since they're more likely to get caught lying as the game goes on if they're scum, and useful if town. I think Jake/Asii is a town/town slapfight and I'm more or less null on Somber/Punti/derp.

I have a busy day ahead of me so can't guarantee I'm going to be around much but it'd be cool if people would :justpost: more.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just re-read Kash and got a scum vibe there:

(a) he was jailed N2 and there was no kill so his being scum doing the NK would be the simplest explanation
(b) he conveniently targetted EXAKT with the watch ability N1 which excused him from having to explain why he didn't watch EXAKT N2
(c) the frustration at BigUp being a distraction feels like acting to me
(d) his other cases were on people that were already being cased by other people (me on E+ and EXAKT, Asiina on Jake)
(e) he and my other biggest scum read - imgay - haven't addressed or talked about each other at all.

Kash, what do you think of imgay so far? Imgay, what do you think of Kash so far?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm going to ##vote imgay in the meantime since I feel more confident on him as scum than I do bigup. I'll be here going into deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

vote bigup or lose.

No for real though what's your opinion of imgay?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Bigup

Better than nothing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think Kashuno and Derp are scumbros and I would like to request that people not vote until we talk stuff out.

I'm phonebound for the time being.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

totino boy posted:

lovers die the following night, i think you're lying and there was a second kill

I feel like with every instance of lovers Ive ever seen, they die at the same time. What makes you default to thinking tomm is lying?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

bad choice MMT

With 14 players starting, 4 scum is feasible, and yet you and Derp are trying to rush a vote. On a scale of 1-10, how concerned are you that we might be in LYLO?

Same question to Derp.

To everyone else - does that not at all seem shady to people?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Tomm claims to have jailed imgay but my action on derp failed last night I don't think that's a coincidence

Yeah, but why not wait and see what people have to say instead of immediately voting? Can you not see where that might seem realllllly suspicious to people without knowledge of your night action?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Let's say scum Tomm jailed you - what's the strategic merit in his claiming to have jailed imgay?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I claimed to be jailed last night, and tomm confirmed he jailed me last night. my action failed last night which means it is reasonable to me that tomm is scum. MMT is also scum this game.

I'm scum because I...don't want people to rush their vote in potential LYLO?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

He didn't know who I targeted last night and had no idea that my target would come up as a failed action

So the rationale that is so clear to you that it's worth immediately voting is that our jailer doesn't understand how jailing works?

I would vote for Kash or Derp but would like to hear from everyone before people start throwing votes around please.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

totino boy posted:

um i am not playing dumb i have always seen lovers die the next night, they kill themselves out of grief after a while. they always claim in the thread and say 'welp mylover died so im gunna die too, here's my thoughts' thats always what ive seen. there is multiple ways to do it i guess though if this seems normal to people

##unvote

For what it's worth the only game I remember playing in with lovers (who died at the same time) was Gnomefia 1 and I know you were in that one.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm down to at least give EXAKT, punti, e+, and somber a chance to weigh in.

Right now I think Tomm / Jake are town and Derp / Kash are scum and it would take something pretty huge to convince me otherwise.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JakeP posted:

asiina makes way more sense as the target though in my head

Yeah since EXAKT doc'ed her n2 it'd make sense for scum to try and nk her n3

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm down to at least give EXAKT, punti, e+, and somber a chance to weigh in.

Right now I think Tomm / Jake are town and Derp / Kash are scum and it would take something pretty huge to convince me otherwise.

I can't sleep so I just did a phone-skim of the four people were waiting on and I feel pretty good about

Town: me, jake, tomm, EXAKT, e+
Scum: Kash, Derp, punti, somber

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't know about derp or jake being scum or town respectively but I think Kash is the most likely to be scum given his posting this game day. Gonna hold off on a vote for now though.

Have we had a cop at all? Is anyone willing to step forward and say "I know for a fact with mod confirmation this person is town"?

Of the people I think are town - I'm vanilla, I'm pretty sure Jake is vanilla because he didn't know he was jailed n1, EXAKT is a doc and Tomm is a jailor. We also had a Mystic and a pair of lovers - I'm not sure it's feasible to expect any more PRs than that.

I'm fine voting Kash first. Regarding Derp id say to Ignore power roles for a second and look at derps vote on Tomm today. If you think Kash is scum, what do you call Derp just taking Kashs word and throwing down a vote in LYLO?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

And you seriously can't figure out who the scum is lol.

Disagree.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

how can you read that series of posts and not see how obvious it is?

What are your reads on somber and punti?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ahhhh I was going to keep questioning you but :effort: I'm pretty much ready to vote, just waiting for others to check in on the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Or I'm town and it's lylo and I don't want to lose? Stop ignoring the obvious

Town in LYLO who doesn't want to lose doesn't often start the day out with a vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

If I wasn't 100% positive I wouldn't have

And you know which alignment is 100% of things?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Tomm who'd you jail last night

Tommunist posted:

Imgay - guessing Asiina got killed then

Kashuno posted:

##vote tomm

Murmur Twin posted:

Let's say scum Tomm jailed you - what's the strategic merit in his claiming to have jailed imgay?

Kashuno posted:

He didn't know who I targeted last night and had no idea that my target would come up as a failed action

---

totino boy posted:

##vote tomm yah clearly didnt jail imgay

totino boy posted:

lovers die the following night, i think you're lying and there was a second kill

---

Kashuno posted:

Seriously this town is loving trash. You want to v ore me and waste more time? Be my loving guest. I watched derp because I felt like it.

Kashuno posted:

Ok so here's the facts. I forgot to submit an action until BK prodded me, and threw a name out. And here we are

Questions for anyone who wants to answer them:

(a) Why are Kash/Derp voting as soon as the day begins, as opposed to casing them?
(b) Why are Kash/Derp focusing on the order that BK presented the flips but failing to acknowledge the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Asiina was killed and Imgay died with her?
(c) If Tomm was scum who jailed Kash, why would he lie about targetting Imgay when it would clearly come out in discussion?
(d) How can Derp possibly not understand how lovers work?
(e) Why did Kash change from "I watched Derp because I felt like it" to "I forgot to name a target and chose Derp"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

At this point my main concern is that we'll need EXAKT's vote and they don't show up.

Nothing's going to change my mind on this, so I might as well ##vote Kashuno

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:ghost: Oh gnnnnnoooooooooo :ghost:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like this game might take the record for being my single worst town game ever :smith:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I officially can't read imgay or Tommunist, I think I have a 0% success rate in calling their alignments. :argh:

I've made the same dumb mistake two games in a row now (this and College Mafia) where I convince myself that two people are scumbros and that it doesn't matter what order they're lynched in, only to find out it's one town/one scum and I targetted the wrong one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

same. I don't really self hammer but I was just beyond my breaking point this game.

I don't blame you! I admittedly get something of a big head when I'm convinced I've caught scum. I'm sure it has to be annoying as hell to be on the receiving end of it when I'm wrong. :eng99:

• Locked thread