Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play if i can be a pygmy dwarf that looks like a gnome but is really a dwarf in spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hey y'all im a mini dwarf

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

totino boy posted:

there is a surprising number of images of gnomes pulling there pants down. why is that a thing

people are into weird stuff these days

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote dj even if he was wrong last time what are the odds he is wrong this time? Almost 0 by my calculations

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't wanna kill dj day 1 of his first game.

its not his first game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

His account was registered two days ago. Is he a parachute?

lol wtf are you talking about?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i guess his account was registered 2 days ago like mine was registered today (if you look at the timestamp on my post and not my regdate)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yo in like 3 hours im gonna start working towards getting drunk then i will post scummily and handwave it away as me being drunk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

but drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided

what

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Drunk posting is dumb and should be avoided, because it is annoying and nobody gives a poo poo about OMG IM SOOOOF CUKED UP U GYUZ you are.

It makes you scum irl, but I don't think it has anything to do with being scum in this game.

well thats not drunk posting thats posting about being drunk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

murmur fwiw not voting out a new person on d1 of their first game is pretty much common courtesy and i think saying "i don't want to vote the new guy out" is a null tell, if anything imo

but hes not new

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

exakt thought he was tho

I mean he's a dummy but he's a dummy with context

I dunno, it feels different to me. Like not a strong read or anything but how do you look at someones post, look at the post date as their reg date, and think "nothing weird about this guy literally making his first post to join this game!" and still think new player.

It just doesn't feel like a player who is thinking critically, and thinking critically is a town tell whereas the oppisite is a scum tell.

If anything that post leans towards scum. I disagree that it is a null tell

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Except MMTs point, which I agree with, is that exakt was using mistaken information to not vote for someone, but when he realized his mistake still didn't vote for them.

I don't think exakt was lying about misreading the post vs regdate though, so I don't agree with Jake's interpretation of why it makes exakt scum.

I didn't say I am lying. I said he wasn't thinking critically when he thought the person registered that day.

If you see a player who makes their first post to sign up for a mafia game are you going to think new player/new poster, or smurf account of an already existing mafia player? Who would ever register to play Gnomfia 2? (no offense)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i mean i didnt say exact is lying

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Except MMTs point, which I agree with, is that exakt was using mistaken information to not vote for someone, but when he realized his mistake still didn't vote for them.

I don't think exakt was lying about misreading the post vs regdate though, so I don't agree with Jake's interpretation of why it makes exakt scum.

Also its not like the case on bigup was really one that required exakt vote for him. You can say i wont vote for him because its his first game without meaning if it wasn't his first game i would vote for him

Asiinas vote here is scummy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

totino boy posted:

this poist

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

#jointheconversation

is that the name of your heroes of the storm party

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The Conversation went 1-1 with a heartbreaking loss due to falling behind and getting pushed in by catapults as we were about to finish our opponents

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
good post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bigup DJ posted:

i would like to be lynched day 3 or thereabouts

sure no prob

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote kash

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im not voting a guy who just registered 5 minutes ago

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
bigup dj owns

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
everyones bad at mafia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i forget what s happening except that I remember bigup dj was playing some really good mafia and shouldn't be lynched forhis bravery

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
what does that make you think about exacts alignment

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'd vote exact if you can convince me that his "bad cases" were made maliciously in order to force a lynch and weren't made in good faith of scum hunting

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

What makes you think there was a good faith attempt? If anything you've mostly laughed off the BigUp case. Why would it make sense for you to back up Exakt here?

im not saying that or doing that, i haven't reread anything and was telling Kash I would vote with him if he could show me that the votes he called bad were scum votes, and not just a towny trying to generate some content

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like calling someones votes bad to me has nothing to do with that persons alignment in and of itself, being wrong is a town tell if anything, it comes down to why the cases/votes were wrong and thats what I want Kash's opinion on if he actually feels confident about the statement he made

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

If someone is scum, doesn't making a bad case that allows them to dodge the lunch make sense on its own? Town have no motivation to make 'bad' cases and I think that it's apparent that the case on DJ is bad, because no one can take the time to actually explain its merit. If the case is not bad, then I'd like someone to explain it to me in a way that is at least a little bit compelling.

Is this a hypothetical or are you saying that is what happened?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
obviously town has no motivation to make bad cases but often times do so anyway unintentionally while trying to hunt scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yeah I can see that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol all of a sudden the bigup case is now good because exakt claims doctor

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote tommunist

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

tbf I don't think it's that dj is scum I think he will just continue to be a discussion point for many days to come and I don't want to play that, but for now ##unvote the tommunist reasoning?

i mean if we want to look at opportunistic votes on tommunist, pretty much his entire game is empty voting bigupdj and making jokes.

Asiina could be scum as well. Really anyone acting like we shouldn't play mafia and should just vote bigup for (why again does anyone remember?)

Voting bigup at this point is either scum or lazy town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't even care that bigup has made no contribution to the game, he could be lovely town or lovely scum, but acting like his claim should be taken seriously at the expense of allowing any real content to happen is scummier than scum claiming

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"Is a distraction that should be lynched because" is the call of the scum7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

drat i guess my day 1 case on sombrero didn't exist.

Why are you voting Bigup and not Somber now

• Locked thread