Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conquest7706
May 20, 2007

Bummey posted:

Gonna have to request pics of that 120lb doggy

Posted in the tacticat thread, enjoy.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440138&pagenumber=53#post454369018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

I did not get any of my 2015 goals done, which were mostly take a practical pistol class and get into IPDA.

For 2016
Buy a VP9 (I won my fantasy football league and set the 450 aside to start the fund, so this seems attainable)
Start an ammo stash of 9mm/.223/12 guage more than my 300 rds of each currently
Buy a couple pmags and a cheap lower before the apocalypse to flip for cash. Worse comes to worse, I build another AR and have spare mags.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

quote:

I seriously blew my budget for 2015 already by buying four silencers and their respective tax stamps. So this year my goal is to attend at least four training classes (including one at Frontsite), and to reload more. IDPA is pretty much out for me this year because of my work schedule, but I should be able to hit every IPSC match in Canada at least.

As far as actual purchases, I'm desperately going to try limiting it to reloading supplies. I do have an AR upper that I'm going to finish up, but all I need is a gas block and tube, a rail, and a BCG. Already got the receiver, barrel, and optic.

I only did three "classes" in 2015: the four-day defensive handgun program at Front Sight, Claude Werner's one-day snubbie fundamentals class, and my two-week instructor recertification which I think counts because it included some great new material.

Just as I predicted, I didn't hit a lot of IDPA matches in 2015, but I also didn't hit many Canadian IPSC matches because I often ended up working overtime on match days. It was a pretty sad year for competitions although I did get to go to the Purgatory Flats Hard as Hell multi-gun match in Utah the first weekend in December, which was awesome.

I didn't reload as much as I wanted, but I did do up about 500 rounds of .44 Mag, 500 rounds of .38 Special, and 500 rounds of 9mm, which is a start.

I thinned my collection out quite a bit (I sold somewhere around a dozen guns), but I did pick up two .22 silencers this year along with a Benelli SBS and a Beretta 92FS Type M. I finished that AR build and didn't like it as much as I had hoped, so I sold the upper off and finally ended up replacing it with a mil-spec FN A4 upper. I built up a "proper" competition AR. I picked up a .44 lever action but it's super picky about ammo, accuracy-wise. I've tested at least a dozen different loads in it and only found one that groups halfway acceptably, so it's probably going on the chopping block in favor of a lever gun in .357 to match my Uberti SAA clone.

My goals for 2016 are:

- Pick up a couple more silencers if I can find good deals
- Do at least one more AR SBR via Form 1
- Reload more
- Buy more mags for my Beretta Type M
- Shoot more IDPA (should be possible with my new work schedule)
- Buy a SIG P320, preferably in 9mm.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 30, 2015

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

That's a big safe.

and a big doggy!

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

-Take up IDPA
-Get a Zenith/POF MP5K clone to SBR.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

2015:
Wheelgun - yep
Build AK - got all the parts
Shoot more matches, IDPA and 3gun. only shot like 3 last year cause of wedding - eh kinda

stretch goal .22 can - no but put a form 1 in for .30 cal can

Going deaf in my left ear put a pretty serious crimp in my shooting

Buy a pair of sordins
Threaded .22 pistol
Finish AK
Build .30 cal Suppressor
Buy or build .22 can
Get hunting rifle threaded
Mount Suppressors on many things
Maybe shoot a few matches but my hearing loss may prevent that, we shall see.

Stretch goal: build an Ares SCR trunk gun

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

2015:

quote:

I resolve to neither buy nor sell a gun but to spend all discretionary gunfunds on ammunition and shoot a ton more.

mission loving accomplished

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I don't think I posted in last year's thread, but my resolutions were simply:

Finish up all those goddamn small and large gun and reloading projects. And that's a mouthful, because I've got a backlog of ten years or so.

I didn't keep it.

Instead I managed to salvage my marriage by spending some time on that instead. Also I managed to actually get some stuff done.

SO I do hereby declare: I will continue continuing with my continued efforts. And I'll post about the progress. First up is that I'll reload what ammo needs to be reloaded, and finish my long range rig. Then I'll take a look and see what more there is.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Last year I posted:

My resolutions this year are to find a place to shoot, shoot some guns I've never taken out before, finish my AR build, and acquire more milsurp.

Only achieved one out of four - getting more milsurp.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

2015:
Wheelgun - yep
Build AK - got all the parts
Shoot more matches, IDPA and 3gun. only shot like 3 last year cause of wedding - eh kinda

stretch goal .22 can - no but put a form 1 in for .30 cal can

Going deaf in my left ear put a pretty serious crimp in my shooting

Buy a pair of sordins - well that was fast
Threaded .22 pistol
Finish AK
Build .30 cal Suppressor
Buy or build .22 can
Get hunting rifle threaded
Mount Suppressors on many things
Maybe shoot a few matches but my hearing loss may prevent that, we shall see.

Stretch goal: build an Ares SCR trunk gun

That was quick.
Bought a set of Sordins off Amazon with gel for $275

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Let's see, what were last year's things?

me posted:

1. Graduate, and get a job machining.
2. Get a reloading setup so I can load a few 11mm Mauser rounds.
3. Finish up my .45-70 pistol and x39 bolt gun designs, and arrange all the legal crap so I can actually make them.
4. Make the bolt gun, then make the hand cannon
5. Shoot both at least once.

So
1. Graduated, no job because nobody will hire 1st years. But I've got an interview at Wal Mart
2. Kinda? Got my dad's old RCBS press and bits, but I've been too broke to afford anything to set it up on, let alone actually start reloading
3. They're both done, barring actual mock ups and testing, but I haven't managed to get a single RCMP/CFO response of any sort.
4. hahahahano
5. hahahahano

This year?
1. get work. Any sort. I don't care if it's loving fast food, I need the money.
2. find a way to deal with the sadbrains that doesn't involve giving up my guns.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.

Grimey Drawer

I can't be arsed to go find my post from last year if I even made one. If I recall, I was planning on getting into reloading and generally shooting more.

Well, I did start reloading with a total of seven yes seven 9mm rounds that I haven't fired yet to test the load. I hope I don't blow myself up.

I did do some things this year I'm pretty proud of. I quit smoking and my Cessation Nation phone app tells me I've saved over 2000 dollars so far, so yay. That freed up a lot of money because I was a pretty heavy smoker. I also got my debts all consolidated at dramatically lower interest rates which is putting about 200 extra dollars a month in my pocket and has put me on course to get totally debt free by a specific date, which is nice.

I finally joined the AR-15 club which is also nice.

Resolutions for this year are to reload more and shoot more oh also to buy the CZ-75 SP01 I've wanted for literally forever.

Generally speaking, what was old is new again.

hagie
Apr 5, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

I think there was another thread and I can't find that one but I think:

Last year
Don't buy another gun FAIL Rem700AAC-SC and P320 purchased
get into reloading PASS Didn't make a ton of rounds, but out of the SMKs, JHP hunting rounds, and 300blk outs I made I had a <5% failure rate. Most of which were 300blk due to not having a case gauge (Achieved)
Shoot more EH I shot more with what I made, but not enough to build skill. money's tight, and the 3yr old kid is just too drat fun to miss out on right now

This year:
Short term: Get into competition IDPA/USPSA: COMPLETED
Do more IDPA/USPSA - no class goal yet, once class goal decided decide on competition gun (Glock17 or P320)
Get to the range more often and build skill -mainly pistol but rifle is still fun to do
Get dry fire targets and sit down and actually comprehend Stoeger's dry fire book
Get fullsize p320 9mm kit
Get more modules for p320
reload more and get into 9mm loading
don't buy another loving gun, don't trade, don't do nothing you have debt to knock out you loving retard
lost some god drat weight
hunting is optional this year

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just need to buy a new O/U. Don't really shoot anything else any more.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

My resolutions for 2016:
Gonna happen
Buy a goddamned safe. I have a one year old now, keeping the guns on the top shelf in the closet ain't cutting it anymore, both legally and for my piece of mind. Probably going to get a floor safe and a quick access safe for the night stand.

Get a mid sized double stack 9mm. Smaller than my Hi Power, small enough to carry, but still large enough to handle easily and accurately. I've narrowed it down to either a Glock 19 or a Sig 229. The Glock is $300 cheaper, and much easier to find accessories(extra mags, holsters, a light, maybe a threaded barrel) locally, but for some reason I'm not sold. I need to finger gently caress both some more, and maybe rent both again before I make a decison. This will be my first new gun purchase, and I don't want to have any buyers remorse.

Get an IWB hoslter and finally get my CHL. Due to my line of work, I cannot legally carry 90% of the time, but it's easy and affordable, and long overdue.

Take my wife to the range more often. I work shift work, and when I'm on nights, I'll be more comfortable knowing she's more comfortable with a pistol should something happen.

I should really take my Hi Power to a gunsmith and get it totally broken down, detail cleaned, and finally remove that goddamned mag disconnect.

Possible

If my wife is as uncomfortable with whatever new pistol I buy as she is with the Hi Power, I may get her a larger framed .380. If that's the case, I'm leaning towards a Walther PPK or a Glock 42. We've tried little pocket .380s, and she loving hated those, and a full frame 9mm is just too big for her little hands. A larger .380 is the next logical step to me.

Another quick acess safe for her nightstand.

Get my deer rifle out and hit the rifle range more often.

Try and find a lead on a place to hunt whitetail again. It's been 6 years, and I miss it. I don't even care if I take a deer, I just want to go back to the woods.

Quit smoking, and turn the $2100 I'll save on cigarettes into ammo and range time. 6 days so far.

Start a trust, and get the ball rolling on a can later in the year. I'll be 30 in 2017, and my first suppressor is going to be my birthday gift to myself. It'll probably be a .22, although 9mm is tempting.

Hayden fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 6, 2016

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

quote:

2014:
Get a real engineering job.
Shoot a competition besides IDPA.
Finish two AR lowers.
Get some different furniture and a better muzzle device for the FAL.
Buy an M&P-15/22.
Shoot more.

Pipe Dreams:
Get some suppressors.
Get into cowboy action shooting.
Move out of Connecticut.

quote:

For 2015:
-All the stuff I listed last year
-A 24" 930 JM Pro, the shotgun match was so fun I want to do more
-M&P 45
-Take a class
-Suppressor(s)?
-Move out of CT? I've applied to both the Norfolk VA, and Portsmouth NH Naval ship yards.

Well, I still haven't done most of that but I think I got the two most important done: got a real job and moved out of CT. I also finished an AR lower into a 20" rifle. Haven't shot it yet, in fact I didn't shoot any rifles in 2015. I think the last time I did was with Kommie.

For 2016:
-Join a club since there aren't any outdoor public ranges around here
-Shoot some rifles
-Buy something too scary for CT
-Take a class, I live less than 30min from the Sig Academy
-Finish my other AR lower

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Crunkjuice posted:

I did not get any of my 2015 goals done, which were mostly take a practical pistol class and get into IPDA.

For 2016
Buy a VP9 (I won my fantasy football league and set the 450 aside to start the fund, so this seems attainable)
Start an ammo stash of 9mm/.223/12 guage more than my 300 rds of each currently
Buy a couple pmags and a cheap lower before the apocalypse to flip for cash. Worse comes to worse, I build another AR and have spare mags.

Well, scratch the VP9. I ended up with an upgraded M&P9 with a bunch of accessories and upgrades for the same price. Very satisfied, so i'm counting this as a victory.

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Didn't post goals for 15. For this year, I've already knocked two off the list.

Done things:

Suppress my SCAR17: I am submitted as of today.

Sell some stuff: Sold 2 pricey things on GB that were just sitting.

To Do:

Figure out if I can actually get my CHL with a misdemeanor on my record (anyone who might know about this, please PM me).

Don't buy any guns (building a house).

Classes/IDPA

More skeet with my boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

n/m

• Locked thread