Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain

on a diet (well not the last few days) but lifting sucks now. im soo weak in the gym but i look so much better.

got a 2 week holiday coming up which is gonna be spent entirely in pools and wandering around topless so i gotta look good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

My diet sucks on account of receiving 36 chocolate oranges on my birthday so I just work out more. Need to get that holiday bod

my plan is to eat all the chocolate in like 2 days then i'll only be ruining my diet for 2 days

solid plan

hemale in pain

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I need to get a cheap road bike for my travels but I have no idea what to look for

how much is cheap?

i've got a FELT95 i paid £385 for and it's a solid bike

it's not sold anymore but I think this is the latest version http://www.wiggle.co.uk/felt-f85-2015/

hemale in pain

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I've been told similar things by a few people (get good components, frame is much less important), so I'm looking to pick up a cheaper (but still new-ish) frame and fit some nice shiny shimano tiagra parts to it.

it's probably gonna be more or less the same price. might aswell save some effort and just buy a new bike!

do you got a decathalon nearby? their bikes are actually good and well priced, and you can go in and bike around the store to see if their comfortable.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-520-road-bike-sora-black-red-id_8322663.html

it comes with SORA but their fine.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 30, 2015

hemale in pain

this is why i like cycling.. i used to get weird sore nips when running and it HURT so much on my calves somedays.

i seem to feel okay from biking. my arms are sometimes achey after mountain biking.

hemale in pain

maybe im not cycling enough though

hemale in pain

Ace of Baes posted:

Had a patient a couple years ago who had wrist pain and numbness from cycling a couple hundred miles a week, he was on a road bike, but i imagine same thing could happen on a mountain bike.

i should probably of explained more. i have a hardtail with little suspension travel so i get shaken around like crazy on rock gardens. staying loose only works so much :) there's alos some really nasty rooty sections which require tons of manuals and i just dont go trail riding enough to get used to it!

it's not ache from just riding my bike on bridleways so i think i fit well enough.

hemale in pain

also to anyone in the uk who likes biking bike park wales freaking rocks!!! :black101: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6veiihcXktI&t=0m20s (not my video)

hemale in pain

Piso Mojado posted:

this sounds awful. just bike on roads/trails like god intended.

mountain biking is really good in fact!!!

hemale in pain

Chill la Chill posted:

I look forward to having a lot more spotters at the gym on Saturday :getin:

I'm not going this week. It's far faaar too dangerous riding the roads to the gym on holiday season and the gym is so drat packed it's not fun.

i dunno why but all the awful drivers come out of nowhere during the holidays and are in this insane panic to get to the shops.

hemale in pain

do whatever if it's fun and makes you fit + healthy. no one actually cares how much you're lifting or whatever :)

hemale in pain

really people seem to like twinks anyway more than muscly dudes :shrug:

hemale in pain

Pizzatime posted:

one that has me die the latest

gonna be something really lame like quick walking on a treadmill with the safety rope attached

hemale in pain

my boyfriend stretches me all the time!!!!! (gay joke)

hemale in pain

almost died on the road today... not sure if gym is worth it when people do their best to murder me on the way home

hemale in pain

me and my bf plan to do some cycling around the chilterns this weekend :) i super need some tyres though because my current ones are ripped to shreds and I need new brake pads for the wet weather.

we were thinking about doing a sportive but it costs like £25-30 just to enter for one person and it's not really worth it

hemale in pain

Piso Mojado posted:

Yoga is really good. Maybe try starting with sun salutations.

is yoga secretly the training people to get into position to take it up the arse exercise?

hemale in pain

woah 16 miles commute must suck alnilam. my commute is only 4 miles one way.

alnilam posted:

i'm sorry about your weird heart :( i hope it turns out okay

i'm good, icy biking has been fine, and also one thing i almost never do (but always want to) is more crunches / ab workout, esp because when i lift weights i work the rest of my core but the one thing missing is my abz... so i did a bunch of weighted crunches today and well there's no soreness quite like ab soreness :geno:

i like cable crunches too!! they're fun, i was worried about looking really silly doing them and getting it horribly wrong but they're actually really easy and cool.

also sorry about your stupid heart dope

hemale in pain

that's still like double the distance of mine and i live in the UK so the weather is always mild and we dont have any hills

hemale in pain

goodbye turtles i saw this review for a £300 road bike if you're still looking http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-calibre-rivelin-16-49999/

hemale in pain

2 weeks ain't enough time to get fit for anything. probably best you can do is some cardio? i dunno anything about snowboarding though :shrug: but getting better at cardio is good for everything.

hemale in pain

i hate loving colds

i cycled for like 5 miles and just started coughing up phlegm and had to come home :(

hemale in pain

i loving hate planks. like i dunno why but i find them too tedious.

hemale in pain

Ace of Baes posted:

The testing is the same across the board, special units just have barriers to entry called "schools" that require you to do weird or difficult things before joining their unit. Also Ive ran an 11:40 2-mile as a smoker and knew a smoker who was on the all army 10 mile team. (Competitive team of some of the best runners in the army)

Not saying that smoking doesnt gently caress your run up but you can still be fast or have endurance while being a smoker.

please dont smoke i dont want you to have cancer

hemale in pain

Celluloid Sam posted:

i did 3 chinups today

my protip for chinups is lose loads of weight and you can do like a million

hemale in pain

i keep meaning to try some rock climbing nearby but im so poor and biking keeps getting expensive (stuff breaks)

hemale in pain

it's cold outside and i don't wanna bike today :ohdear:

hemale in pain

alnilam posted:

It's 8 F and I'm about to suit up for the ride to work :/

:rip:

hemale in pain

one day i will buy a £10 bike computer from halfords.. one day....

hemale in pain

yeaaa, im awful at taking my own advice but it's best not to lift until the problem goes away and then when you come back take it really easy for a week or 2

hemale in pain

bump bodies are weird. i came off my diet and i've put on like 1kg the last few days :tinfoil: i know it's just water weight or something but drat i prefered being a kilo lighter

hemale in pain

I.N.R.I posted:

if you exercise for looks then you're better off measuring your progress by looking in a mirror than at some scales

i totally agree but my dumb brain is like "noooo your getting fatter!!!"

hemale in pain

so jelly of you rock climbing peeps

hemale in pain

uk got a stupid storm going on, it's pretty weak, but there's like 70mph gusts so no biking to the gym for me )=

hemale in pain

are we all uk or is this the global warming thing i've heard so much about :ohdear:

hemale in pain

hey friends, does anyone straight leg deadlift here? i've been doing them for a bit but i dunno if i'm doing them right. for normal deadlifts I brace at the bottom of the lift, push my chest up etc between reps but with straight leg deadlifts it feels better to take a breath at the top and squeeze my abs then lower the bar and go up again when it touches the floor with no pause (without trying to bounce it of course)

im just curious if im turning it into a barbell row accidentally

hemale in pain

unrelated question, how do you stop red marks on your shoulders/neck area from cable crunches? combined with red marks from squatting it looks like ive been brutally savaged in the bedroom

e: im holding the cable like the lady here

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 12, 2016

hemale in pain

my skin is weak and supple

hemale in pain

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

machines are for dumb dudebros and women.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain

alnilam posted:

That being said though, aren't free weights good for beginners because they work a lot of muscles at once and give you a good all around workout for few actual movements?

i suck at lifting and i'm just parroting crap i heard on the internet but i think you basically need to work more at stabilising the weight with free weights and big multi joint movements help you get used to coordinating your muscles (I think?)

• Locked thread