Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
By the time you're stable as Byz, you're basically the ottomans so you're already OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

--Re-establish some sort of gaming-capable computer, whether by buying a new laptop (which I need for non-gaming reasons) or staging a hostile takeover of my wife's desktop.

Managed to snag this bad boy for $750 yesterday, now I just need for them to not gently caress up the delivery (which happens a lot at my place)-

Inspiron 15 7000 series (7559)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
8GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)
NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
1TB 5.4k Hybrid HDD + 8G Cache [1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive + 8GB Embedded Flash Cache]

Even if I buy another 8GB RAM and an 250GB SSD to replace the HDD I still come in under my $1000 budget :goleft: also there's a slot for an M2 drive in it but I'm trying to figure out if I need to do anything with that, one goon told me not to bother but Youtube tells me to put an M2 SSD in there and move the OS from the HDD to the M2. I haven't bought a new computer since 2010 and have never had to replace parts so this is all space tech to me, please advise

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Shaq face from the gif where he's doing the face but instead of a cat getting ready to pounce it's a man hunched over a desk purchasing a dell laptop*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

By the time you're stable as Byz, you're basically the ottomans so you're already OP.

I can't remember what you have to own but it's nothing too crazy. You just stop playing if you don't like being an OP blob or you colonise India and Egypt and poo poo all over world trade for fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I removed "complete the first dungeon in Zelda BS" from my list because I did it a while ago and posted a picture of it somewhere in this forum but not here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I added a new one, "build a working map in Sword of Moonlight".

• Locked thread