Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I really like podcasts, I listen to them all the time! In this thread we can talk about podcasts and recommend them!

So, here are some of my favorites.

Serial: This is the most popular podcast. Season one is a true crime story where a reporter tries to figure out what happened in a ten year old murder case. It's very addicting, and produced by the same people who produce This American Life.

The F Plus I don't know if I'd call the F Plus good, but I do really like listening to it. They find a website for each episode and find awful things posted on that website and read them. It's not very professional, but each episode is really long, so if I need something to listen to but not pay attention to constantly, I go here.

Mystery Show This is at the top of my list of favorites. There are only six episodes, but they are all golden. The host, Starly, finds mysteries to solve, but these mysteries are pretty trivial. Why is Brittney Spears reading this novel? What's going on in the scene on this Welcome Back Cotter lunchbox? Where'd this weird belt buckle come from? If you listen to the podcast you'll know all these answers!

Reply All This is produced by the same people who produce Mystery Show and is from Gimlet Media, which was founded by an ex-producer of This American Life! It's a podcast about the internet. Usually it's someone's unique experience on the internet, like donating a dog to a humane society found online and then changing your mind. Or the effects that Yik-Yak has on campus life and how it's full of racism.

Topics I think this podcast is hilarious. My friends are very split on it. But, I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Michael Ian Black and Michael Showwalter, and this has both of them in it! Every episode has the two hosts discussing a very serious topic, but they do it tongue in cheek. Every episode is the same joke, but Black and Showwalter keep it fresh and entertaining.

What are some of your favorites? :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague

I like Welcome To Night Vale it's like A Prairie Home Companion but about Twin Peaks instead of Lake Woebegone, WI.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Allie

i gotta metapodcast right here for you. let me indulge you in your wildest pokemon fantasies. let me bring you into a world of unlimited nostalgia. reminisce with me about a bygone time where you sat on your rear end all day and played video games and only your parents were slightly disappointed in you. come with me on a journey back in time. let us cosplay imaginary enslaved animal. let us caress in the great cosmic void of cheeto dust. gross dude, i love you.

ScrubLeague

please listen to my podcast about forums poster milde it's called wootle on down the way

----------------

Allie

look. let's talk. it's time to talk. it's time we had a word or two. now listen here, mr scrubleague. hello, mr scrubleague. hey. hello.

ScrubLeague

hi

----------------

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
harmontown is excellent if you like that dude that made community and rick and morty

Looke

YoGPoD Xd

PinkoBastard
I really like How Did This Get Made?, it's a light and funny listen. Paul Scheer, June Diane-Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas dissect bad movies and laughs are had. its not as good if you haven't seen the movie before listening.

Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast is good too. it's really only for people interested in classic movies and tv - almost always 1970s and earlier. Some episodes are hilarious and some are dry. A lot of the guests are really old but a lot of those are the most entertaining episodes.

treasure bear

The History of Rome
Revolutions
The Adventure Zone
The Bugle
Idle Thumbs

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

started listening to mystery show today and wow it's good!

Looke

if you like science n funny stuff then listen to the infinite monkey cage

Twerkteam Pizza

Grandma's Virginity Podcast is funny, even if it's over

Just Burgs

Real Talk: My Brother My Brother and me is the best one

I also like:

Uhh Yeah Dude, a podcast about two cool guys being cool.

Baby Geniuses is really funny, and informative podcast hosted by some cool and funny ladies

Judge John Hodgman is great because he's very smart, and I'd call him a modern day King Solomon.

The Dollop is a good podcast about American History, and how f--ked up it is. The hosts are Dave Anthony of Walking the Room fame (?) and Gary Reynolds who I don't know anything about.

I also want to echo the suggestions for Serial, The Adventure Zone, Reply All, and The F Plus

#alfred...
:nitecrew: Questions, Comments, Suggestions? email GBSNiteCrew@gmail.com. :nitecrew:
Put this in your sig if you stand with Diggity Dog

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

ScrubLeague posted:

I like Welcome To Night Vale it's like A Prairie Home Companion but about Twin Peaks instead of Lake Woebegone, WI.

waiting for the bus in the rain in the rain waiting for the bus in the rain

I like http://www.comedyfilmnerds.com/ and now you can, too!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

PinkoBastard

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude, a podcast about two cool guys being cool.

haven't heard the others, but I'll second UYD. it's really funny. https://youtu.be/9UoR1dUm9dE

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Welcome to Night Vale and the Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr is really good also

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Oh my god I don't think I've ever been this excited about anything in my life than I've been listening to the end of the Source Code episode of Mystery Show, holy poo poo. That was incredible

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

The adventure zone is rad

Just Burgs

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

The adventure zone is rad

New ep literally just dropped and it's so so good.

#alfred...
:nitecrew: Questions, Comments, Suggestions? email GBSNiteCrew@gmail.com. :nitecrew:
Put this in your sig if you stand with Diggity Dog

Looke

I still have the first edition of the ByobPod on my computer

bird.

comedy bang! bang! - very BYOB
uhh yeah dude - pretty BYOB
radiolab - kinda BYoB?
this American life - occasionally BYOB
Benjamen Walker's Theory of Everything - good. (period.)
Jordan, Jesse GO! - chaotic neutral BYOB

ScrubLeague

Judge John Hodgman is as BYOB as paudiocasting gets.

----------------

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I'm bumping this thread, because I have discovered what is my favorite podcast.

COOLGAMES INC This podcast owns. It's two very funny guys, Griffin McElroy (from My Brother, My Brother, and Me) and some other guy, who take suggestions on twitter for video game ideas or titles and then they flesh them out verbally over the course of the podcast. Griffin really makes this a good podcast, he's legit hilarious, and I highly recommend this.

Urodov

having just recently gotten into podcasts, this thread is just what i need.

i would suggest Hello Internet, CGP Grey and Brady Haran's podcast. It's very conversational, you'll only really like it if you like the personalities of the two interlocutors. The show quickly ends up dominated almost entirely by follow-up, basically continuing the previous conversation.

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
Um I have MBMBAM in my podcast list. They're fun.

treasure bear

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Um I have MBMBAM in my podcast list. They're fun.

you will like adventure zone because it's the 3 brothers and their dad

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

treasure bear posted:

you will like adventure zone because it's the 3 brothers and their dad

adventure zone is fun but ive only played DnD computer games so i sort of get it but not really.

you have to play the board game to truly appreciate adventure zone.

but yeah. its pretty good.

treasure bear

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

adventure zone is fun but ive only played DnD computer games so i sort of get it but not really.

you have to play the board game to truly appreciate adventure zone.

but yeah. its pretty good.

you dont have to have ever played D&D to enjoy it a lot

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i've started listening to a podcast called the worst idea of all time. two australian guys watch the movie Grown Ups 2 once a week every week for a year and then talk about it. it's uh, well it's something for sure

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

treasure bear posted:

you dont have to have ever played D&D to enjoy it a lot

ill give it another listen. i need something new to listen to.

MrWillsauce

the worst idea of all time is one of my favorite things. It is an exercise in existential futility. Like, there is no reason to ever do that. But that is the reason to do it. The point is that there is no point, but it's not just that it's pointless; it's also really tedious and unenjoyable. Also those guys are just really funny, and the further they're pushed to the brink and descend into total misery, the funnier it gets. It really strains their relationship too, and for a lot of the mid to late viewings, they drink heavily to make it through the film. And they just keep doing it. 52 times in a row. They desperately want to stop, but they just keep doing it. They accomplish something, even if it was all just a huge waste of time. Does their suffering give it value? Does the fact that documenting the process is amusing make it worth it? Also for the last episode they each get a Grown Ups 2 tattoo on one of their butt cheeks, and that about sums it up.

Man, it's just one of those things that feels like it was made for me, you know?

ps those guys are new zealanders, not australians. And their stereotypical New Zealand friendliness and politeness makes it even funnier when they start breaking down and getting angry at each other, but it's filtered through these two good-natured sweet guys.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I like MBMBAM a lot but i've almost never listened to any other podcast. I was just spoiled by MBMBAM. it's too good.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i've started listening to a podcast called the worst idea of all time. two australian guys watch the movie Grown Ups 2 once a week every week for a year and then talk about it. it's uh, well it's something for sure

MBMBAM have a similar arrangement called "Til Death Do Us Blart" where once a year they are supposed to watch Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 every year in perpetuity. Edit: actually this is done jointly with the "worst idea of all time" guys.

i think i will listen to "the worst idea of all time."

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 26, 2016

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Shapes
:iiam:
"TWiT" (This Week In Tech) is a fabulous tech podcast. its been on for at least 10 years. its hosted by Leo Laporte and he always has a very knowledgeable panel talking about the week's relevant news stories.

"the West Wing podcast" just started about a month ago. It goes through each West Wing episode and just reflects on what happened in the series - and give general commentary. one of the hosts was actually an actor in the series. west Wing is an amazing show so its fun to hear it relived.

"planet money" comes up with extremely interesting finance related stories. they break things down and make it accessible for the everyman. You don't have to be a finance guru to enjoy it.

symbolic

the only podcast i listen to is Sleepycast. bunch of internet animators, artists, and other content creators get together and shoot the poo poo. the main group is OneyNG, PsychicPebbles, Cryburger, JohnnyUtah, and Spazkid. here's an episode with JonTron that i think represents the podcast as a whole.

Android Blues

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

this concept sounded really hilarious but i wasnt sure i wanted to invest. is it good

MrWillsauce

it's really good

My Asian Grandma

smoking bowls out of blaster rifle barrels
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks your welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke

i like "Bodega Boys"

• Locked thread