Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This game looks too much like a Metroid game to me. I mean not just in a 'it's a Metroidvania' way, but the areas, the enemies, it just screams Metroid to me.

It made me wonder if anyone ever took a Super Metroid ROMhack and rebuilt it as its own game so they can sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

There are absolutely Super Metroid ROM hacks that could stand on their own as games (albeit obviously as an "expansion pack" to Super Metroid, since they use the same engine and graphics). But selling a ROM hack of any game would be hilariously unwise as it contains the base game which is thoroughly copyrighted to Nintendo.

If you rebuilt the engine and then re-implemented your hack's content within your new engine, then you could sell that, sure. Don't know of anyone who's done that though.

I kinda knew you couldn't sell the ROMhacks, which is why I wondered about the bolded part.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

That's pretty much what they did with Freedom Planet

Also the guy behind Sonic 2 The Sequel and Prequel and those games KS'd a game where Electro Jester not-Sonic beats robots.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SugarAddict posted:

:aaa: The little robot is actually exploring Space Station 13.

Impossible, if it was SS13 it would have been completely exploded long before the robot got there.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SugarAddict posted:

Some idiot uploaded a one-human law but mis-spelled their name.
"Only people wearing severed butts as hats on their head are human."

Doesn't matter. Humans Act, ergo the station would have exploded 10 minutes into its run.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mixed with those supremely unstable minerals no doubt.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, a ChampionHero NucleusCore reference! Nice! I loved that game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Derek Barona posted:

It's not as obvious

It's not? :psyduck:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, usually I'm the one to miss details like that.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When I saw those 14 blocks with one missing, and then saw how the clock works (and when Maddy said something, don't remember exactly what), I thought maybe if you had all your powers active except the 7th you'd get somewhere new from the clock room. Don't suppose you can try that just for posterity's sake?

As for the location clues, I'm totally bad at this kind of stuff. I'd probably just use a guide for these puzzles.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, guess it was just a red herring then... Now I'm just wondering if it an intentional one or not. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CountryMatters posted:

Another powerup I wish was in the game would be something that would let you move instantly to a teleporter from anywhere. It gets super annoying when you know where you have to go but you have to move through six screens to get to a teleporter to take you to the teleporter you need, so that you can go six more screens to get to the place you need to be. Especially because at that point you have all the movement upgrades so its not even hard, just busywork. And then you have to do it fourteen times and run around all over the map...

That was something I really liked about Hero Core. The save point was also a teleport and health refill point, and you could teleport to any of them you found from anywhere right from the start of the game.

Sometimes (okay all the time) I wish Remar made some kind of commercial Hero Core DX, I'd buy it in an instant.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So what would have happened if you went left at the end? Was that a trap?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Smite posted:

I forgot about it too but we go left the first time when the ghost comes in and I read the terminal, because that wall goes away. You warp outside the maze.

Oh right. I guess that ghostly sorta chase sequence right after just makes that tidbit forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Smite for showcasing the game. I wonder what Hempuli is working on right now. Environmental Station Beta? Or does he want to add enough content to ESA until you can get 200% completion?

(now it'll turn out he talked about it in a video and I completely forgot)

Also I think that last secret pretty much forces you (and Madi) to eventually complete the boss rush and become certified Cool Persons. :colbert:

• Locked thread