Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Picnic Princess posted:

Here I am with a fish. I didn't catch it though.

I am incredibly envious :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

That banjo shark looks kind of skate-y, are they not any good to eat or too much of a hassle to clean or something?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

joem83 posted:

I've definitely seen it in several videos. Freaking weirdos. Sorry if anyone here does it too, you're weird.

Sponsor gear they gotta give back in saleable condition maybe?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

ROFLburger posted:

what even is that guy?

I thought it was a foul hooked sand dollar?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

joem83 posted:

Here's an interesting post that came out of nowhere and popped up on the front page of my local fishing forum this morning. I don't follow bass fishing very heavily so I'd never heard of this guy before today.

https://sdfish.com/general/dark-secret-americas-big-bass-guru-mike-long/

This is a neat read—I only got through the first page and will finish it later, but the intro kind of jumps out at me as painting several writers as remarkably credulous, although I suppose some of these things would be harder to check pre-ubiquitous-internet.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Tuna yield a shitton of meat per unit of length compared to many fish huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

gay picnic defence posted:

Heaps of our species are named after old world species they vaguely resemble too, even though they are no relation.

Confused the hell out of me the first time some of y'all started posting about catching gar or salmon :lol: