Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Lens better than a Signet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Some Numbers posted:

Is Lens better than a Signet?

Yeah I think so. There's a reason that deck is called Greedy Tron. Anything that lets you tap for any color is nice, especially considering white and/or black cards are often in the sideboard.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

L0cke17 posted:

I'll throw 2/3X tickets in to the winner and 1/3x tickets to second where X is however are in my inventory when Im at home and check. And if I can find one on magic online a Bone Flute to last place.

Apparently I was misremembering. I have 0 tickets.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

L0cke17 posted:

Apparently I was misremembering. I have 0 tickets.

L0cke has generously donated 2/3 of 0 tickets to the prize pool!

Someone do the math for me.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I love pauper, I'm down.
My name is Sygerrik and I'm on Goblins.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 10, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'll play pauper.

MODO name is also Mikujin, I'm either on Esper Familiars or Mono-Red.

E: Also, a goon-friend [SA/MODO name Kleedrac] also wants in on this. He'll drop in when he gets home later but I figured I'd save him a spot since he sounds down for this. IIRC he most often runs Tron and Kiln Fiend Combo.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 10, 2016

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
Modo name: Oozy

I'll play pauper!

DoctorOozy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 10, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

DoctorOozy posted:

Modo name: Oozy

I'll play pauper!

What are you playing?

Also always be closing I need to know what you're playing? Tron?

Mikujin posted:

I'll play pauper.

MODO name is also Mikujin, I'm either on Esper Familiars or Mono-Red.

E: Also, a goon-friend [SA/MODO name Kleedrac] also wants in on this. He'll drop in when he gets home later but I figured I'd save him a spot since he sounds down for this. IIRC he most often runs Tron and Kiln Fiend Combo.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're prefer mono-red.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
[quote="suicidesteve" post="454784312"]
What are you playing?

White Weenie

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I'm in. I'll be on elves. MTGO name is linearb

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
mtgo name is awd1, I will be one of the degenerates playing Acid Trip. I lose a lot of games to enchanting my own lands fyi

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I'll play tron Steve.

As far as that decklist. It had 5-0'ed a league believe it or not and I just copied it when I first read this thread.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Is it too late to sign up? I just got home sorry.

If it isn't I'll play Burn, MODO username is superstepa.

How does this usually work? Are the pairings posted in the thread and then we just add each other on MODO?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

superstepa posted:

Is it too late to sign up? I just got home sorry.

If it isn't I'll play Burn, MODO username is superstepa.

How does this usually work? Are the pairings posted in the thread and then we just add each other on MODO?

You're in. We're pretty much doing exactly that, yeah. I'm giving everybody until tomorrow midnight EST to make any corrections or changes to their archetypes and MTGO names. After that I'll get pairings figured out.

Also Mikujin and Kleedrac I need to know what you're playing.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Put me in on burn. Familiars is such a chore because no one ever just scoops when you're comboing.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Mikujin posted:

Put me in on burn. Familiars is such a chore because no one ever just scoops when you're comboing.

When I stop winning to people timing out we'll talk :colbert:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Four Score posted:

When I stop winning to people timing out we'll talk :colbert:

Oh I know I've had my fair share of losses to timeout just because folks make me play it out. It's just such a misers ploy and honestly people like that hold out for wind via time (in paper or modo) are pretty much just a scummy.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Mikujin posted:

Oh I know I've had my fair share of losses to timeout just because folks make me play it out. It's just such a misers ploy and honestly people like that hold out for wind via time (in paper or modo) are pretty much just a scummy.

It is a miserable deck to play against, I generally just want to help people make the right choice and stop playing such an awful heap of a deck.

That aside this is shaping up to be an odd meta. RUG Tron is apparently way more popular here than online. I think I've played it one time in leagues, where I countered their all in rolling thunder and they scooped.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm down for this :)

I'm kleedrac on MODO as well and I'll either be playing Paupertron or ImpactTokens

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

My modo name in the OP is missing an E on the end.

Always ready to summon Gary.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

How many ppl do we usually get for thunderdomes? This turnout looks awesome and I'm cised to see what pauper looks like without the warped modo meta.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

PleasantDirge posted:

How many ppl do we usually get for thunderdomes? This turnout looks awesome and I'm cised to see what pauper looks like without the warped modo meta.

This looks like 2 or 3x as many people as a usual t-dome. Pauper for da people.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

always be closing posted:

This looks like 2 or 3x as many people as a usual t-dome. Pauper for da people.

For all the awful that modo has, xmage and cockatrice are worse. I'm much happier to play on actual MODO.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Same here.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I pretty much stopped playing in the Thunderdomes because xmage is so bad.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

I'm down for this :)

I'm kleedrac on MODO as well and I'll either be playing Paupertron or ImpactTokens

Tokens it is!

So holy crap guys, we have 30 people. That's definitely a goon league record. I don't know how much of this is xmage hate and how much is pauper love but either way this is pretty awesome.

Your pairings are here.

Here are the rules:

I'll give everyone until whenever I wake up Monday (probably early afternoon/late morning) to play their match. I'm not going to babysit people to get their results in. If the match doesn't get played, I'll give the win to whoever made the better attempt to contact their opponent. If it's even and the match just couldn't happen for whatever reason, or if neither player makes an attempt, it'll be a draw. Also if you no-show for a week you'll be dropped. If you can't play your match for a week for whatever reason, post and let me know and I won't drop you.

Here end the rules.

Terrible Horse, I'm around a lot. You can find me on MTGO at suicidesteve44 and in the irc thing.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 12, 2016

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I love pauper, I'm down.
My name is Sygerrik and I'm on Goblins.

We appear to be battling round 1. I added you on modo (I'm lockeandload).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lonely Bridge, I'll be around most evenings from Tuesday onwards. I'll be hanging out in #mtgoon whenever I'm available.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

jassi007 posted:

For all the awful that modo has, xmage and cockatrice are worse. I'm much happier to play on actual MODO.

Yeah it's modo not pauper that has me in on this one.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Lonely Bridge, I'll be around most evenings from Tuesday onwards. I'll be hanging out in #mtgoon whenever I'm available.

I'll be on to murder get murdered by you tomorrow evening, then!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Snacksmaniac's listed name "grostj1a" isn't showing up but he can just message me, I'll try to just have MODO open when I'm around, username's boco_t on there too

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finger, I'm in PST and my days off are Thursday and Friday. Let me know when works for you.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I'll try to hang around in the irc when I'm available

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hellsau I'll be around a bit this afternoon and then again this evening. Let me know when you're available (I've added you on MODO).

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
thelawinator -- I'm under a bit of a time crunch as I'm going out of town on Thursday until Monday--- can we try to game over the next three days?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

Finger, I'm in PST and my days off are Thursday and Friday. Let me know when works for you.

I'm EST but I"m also off Thursday, prefer to play during the day before 4:30 my time if that's ok.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mikujin posted:

Hellsau I'll be around a bit this afternoon and then again this evening. Let me know when you're available (I've added you on MODO).

I'll be on from 8pm eastern to midnight.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'm EST but I"m also off Thursday, prefer to play during the day before 4:30 my time if that's ok.

That should work just fine.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Checkplease I added you on MTGO.

I'm in PST and I'm busy till 4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and after 6pm Fridays (FNM), but I'm available at pretty much any other time otherwise. I'll try to hang out in the IRC room whenever I can but if you really need to contact me outside of MTGO add me on either steam or skype (same username).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Dehtraen posted:

thelawinator -- I'm under a bit of a time crunch as I'm going out of town on Thursday until Monday--- can we try to game over the next three days?

Not a problem, I will idle in the IRC and suchlike whenever available. When are you free until then?

• Locked thread