Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
~~ Fisherman's Eggs ~~
~~ a photo essay ~~

http://imgur.com/a/zAlJf

Yes, really, 500 degrees

YES REALLY 500 DEGREES

Do the prep. Saving the shallot so this is 3 green onions, 2 bushy parsely trees, 2 toes garlic, pepper, mixed up

Add the dines to the pile and some but not all oil from the can and stir it around a little. These dines were big so I chopped them in half on a bias.

Dump into dish. This dish was sitting in the oven when it preheated. It sizzles

Six minutes later they look like this

Put the eggs on top straight outta the shell. If you only have three eggs in your fridge like me then use three instead of four. Also it will put a stake in the heart of the bitchmade 375 crybabies forever if you use less eggs at the same temp and time and it works out okay but only more delicious than they could ever dream of.

Seven minutes for the eggs and they look like this. See how the dines are golden? That's why 500. Industry term is GBD

Let 'em sit there for five minutes and they are easy to take out of the bakedish and also a little more cooked

The plate. The average Sambal Oelek amount

OH NO AT 500 THE EGG WILL BE RUBBER AND BAD AN OVERCOOKED WAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Come talk about dines you cretins http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260

e:

raton fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 31, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gently caress yeah wanna try this,might make it for dinner (breakfast for dinner??? I TOLD YOU I WAS CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:) tonight

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin
I eat fisherman's eggs.. used to every morning for breakfast. I just put a little butter in the frying pan, scramble some eggs with a tin of sardines in there, maybe a bit of ginger to cut the fishy taste. Lots of black pepper.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im making this right now, the ceramic bowl is preheating in the over as I type this!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
oh god, i did erverything you said and just checked after the eggs and everything is a huge jiggly uncooked mess in there wtf oh god i used a different type of bowl and also i made 7 eggs not 3 because i was making a 2x recipie and oh god is it ruined is the 500 degrees going to ruin it? what do I do oh God ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):)

im so hungry :cripes:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
7 eggs you need two pans and a couple more minutes just take them out when they match the picture it will be okay

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
well congrat-u-loving-lations, you pulled it off and trolled ol' nooner good.

Things started out looking okay

Still looking good...

In go the eggs!

hrmm... looks okay

NO NO IT IS NOT loving OKAY WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo SHEEP-GOATS THE EGGS ARE LIKE loving RUBBER AND TOTALLY COOEKD THROUGH THIS IS A loving DISASTER I HATE YOU YOU RUINED MY DINNER

SO WAY TO GO GUY, YOU GOT ME GOOD AND MADE ME RUIN DINNER THANKS A LOT DIPSHIT I HOPE YOU GET AIDS ): ): ): ):

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
FUVK YOU AND YOUR 500 DEGREE OVEN

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Haha fuk u

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner, you did it again!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nooner sometimes you have to use common sense and change recipes slightly to get the results you want

you should have been checking the doneness of the eggs more often if having runny yolks was that important to you

now what did you learn today?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Crusty Nutsack posted:

nooner sometimes you have to use common sense and change recipes slightly to get the results you want

you should have been checking the doneness of the eggs more often if having runny yolks was that important to you

now what did you learn today?

never to trust people on the internet :mad:

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin
When eating sardines, prepare it the easy way. If I was to put a lot of ingredients and effort into cooking something, it wouldn't be sardines.
The sardine/egg omlet in the frying pan takes 5 minutes and if you do it right you can't even taste the sardines.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I made these tonight in a pan on the range. Little bit of olive oil, tin of KOs, three eggs, garlic, fresh black pepper. Two slices of wheat toast. Very filling, and healthy too, I would imagine, for the cost of parts.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MisterPlastic posted:

When eating sardines, prepare it the easy way. If I was to put a lot of ingredients and effort into cooking something, it wouldn't be sardines.
The sardine/egg omlet in the frying pan takes 5 minutes and if you do it right you can't even taste the sardines.

Why would you not want to taste the sardines

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Im still mad at you sheep-goats, but i can set that aside and give you an empty quote for our mutual love of the 'dines

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nooner "Can't follow directions" Poster

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Nooner posted:

Still looking good...

In go the eggs!

hrmm... looks okay

NO NO IT IS NOT loving OKAY WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo SHEEP-GOATS THE EGGS ARE LIKE loving RUBBER AND TOTALLY COOEKD THROUGH THIS IS A loving DISASTER I HATE YOU YOU RUINED MY DINNER

SO WAY TO GO GUY, YOU GOT ME GOOD AND MADE ME RUIN DINNER THANKS A LOT DIPSHIT I HOPE YOU GET AIDS ): ): ): ):
maybe don't use twice as many eggs in a smaller dish next time you bake a recipe I dunno you're pretty bad at this

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Nooner posted:

"d'oh!" - homer simpson

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Nooner posted:

Still looking good...

In go the eggs!

hrmm... looks okay

Good idea puttin 40 eggs in there when the OP used 3. Also, that black poo poo you dumped in looks loving gross.

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin

Sheep-Goats posted:

I eat a tin of sardines almost every day, not because of the taste, but because they are cheap, good protein, but right out the can with nothing on it is almost impossibly fishy, so I found scramble them in eggs with ginger, or smothered in tartar sauce.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MisterPlastic posted:

I eat a tin of sardines almost every day, not because of the taste, but because they are cheap, good protein, but right out the can with nothing on it is almost impossibly fishy, so I found scramble them in eggs with ginger, or smothered in tartar sauce.

:gay:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the other day when i saw this thread i was like "wow i should make fisherman eggs" so thats what i did. i dont trust sheep-goats though after he burned nooner so i used the top recipe in a google search for fisherman's eggs without any further research

fresh parsley picked outside this morning :yum:

at this point it already smelled really good. After 5 minutes this stuff wasn't really sizzling to my liking yet so i baked an extra 5 mins before adding the eggs.

served on a slice of homemade sourdough toasted with olive oil

all in all this was an incredibly easy meal with minimal cleanup that filled the place with awesome smells and I'd have been happy to pay good money for it at an upscale brunch. a+ will cook again

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 2, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Nooner is merely a poor shadow of M. Livius Drusus put up by the 375 Bitchmade Senate to discredit the reforms championed and enacted by your truly in TYOOL 121 BCE.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Six egg version, larger dish, same time, kitchen assistant broke the yolks in her three eggs in the back, w/e, other eggs great, Nooner confirmed tardo

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

not everyone has a convection oven, and that is not nearly enough food for a fisherman :colbert:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Convect wasn't on

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sheep goats dishes are fake, its like how the real burger never looks like the one in the Carl's Jr commercials, real fisherman's eggs look nothing like what he is trying to pull off pretending

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you use other types of seafood in lieu of sardines?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you use other types of seafood in lieu of sardines?

Quelle horreur!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

You make me want to love the dine. I keep trying. Mr. Kitty loves the dine, but I can't even. I know I'm :gay: How do I train myself to love dine??? HALP

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fyodor posted:

Quelle horreur!

I'm thinking some crab would be good or some whole shrimp.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

psychokitty posted:

You make me want to love the dine. I keep trying. Mr. Kitty loves the dine, but I can't even. I know I'm :gay: How do I train myself to love dine??? HALP

The instructions are in the vehicle owner's manual for every truck.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Sheep-Goats posted:

The instructions are in the vehicle owner's manual for every truck.

Oh poo poo his truck broke and he gave it away for scrap. What do I do now???

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh BTW the second time around I didn't have parsley so I used arugula and I prefer the parsley really but the arugula was okay. Dill would be nice probably but the thin little fronds might burn so I'd probably put it on just before I put in the eggs.

das crikstar
Dec 11, 2015

a glitzy recycle bin
Tunaman Eggs: Table spoon of butter in a teflon pan, 2 eggs, a can of tuna, with soy sauce, yogurt, and a dash of garam masala. Fry it on high, 3 minutes or until done.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sheep-Goats posted:

Oh BTW the second time around I didn't have parsley so I used arugula and I prefer the parsley really but the arugula was okay. Dill would be nice probably but the thin little fronds might burn so I'd probably put it on just before I put in the eggs.

What about a bay leaf and a pinch of turmeric?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

What about a bay leaf and a pinch of turmeric?

Pretty stout but I'd go for it. You going to powderize the bay leaf or just extract it before the eggening?

Kaffir lime leaf chiffonade and lime zest might be pretty pro

• Locked thread