Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're a big Ben Carson fan? A Carsonist?

You're right that isn't much better, thanks for ruining the joke. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

I was going to make a thread for Shut Eye but you're welcome to it if you want, Shag.

Nah, go ahead. I'll probs be the first response though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

2017: The year we fondly look back on 2016.

Are you kidding me? 2016 isn't finished with us yet. At 11:59 on Dec 31st all clocks will freeze and 2016 will take on physical form and began slaying beloved celebs left and right, starting with Bill Murray.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I was just saying to someone that I wished 2016 was somehow physically tangible because oh, the things I would do to it. So loving try me, 2016. Give me an outlet. I dare you. :black101:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't think 2016 has had any unheard of number of big celebrity deaths or anything. I think it's just that now it's getting to the point where it will start being mostly people that our generation grew up with instead of the people that we knew from watching classic material when we got older.

In other words from here on out it's going to be rough on your childhood heroes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't think 2016 has had any unheard of number of big celebrity deaths or anything. I think it's just that now it's getting to the point where it will start being mostly people that our generation grew up with instead of the people that we knew from watching classic material when we got older.

In other words from here on out it's going to be rough on your childhood heroes.

We're already down one Ghostbuster and most of the TOS cast, time to start worrying about Patrick Stewart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

Except Prince, who spanned all timelines simultaneously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Except Prince, who spanned all timelines simultaneously.

All timelines begin and end with David Bowie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

David Bowie loses interest in a timeline 15 or 16 years in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

David Bowie loses interest in a timeline 15 or 16 years in.

David Bowie and time are like Barry Allen and the speed force.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Despite the fact that literally nothing else is back for a while there's a new episode of No Tomorrow on tonight.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone get James Earl Jones and Sir David Attenborough some vitamin C ASAP

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does anyone have eyes on Steve Martin or Betty White?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this! posted:

Despite the fact that literally nothing else is back for a while there's a new episode of No Tomorrow on tonight.

The Librarians is new every Sunday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

The Librarians is new every Sunday.

Speaking of which, what the gently caress is going on with Rebecca Romaijn's face on that show? Too much botox?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think its just makeup. When they dress her up she still looks good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think its just makeup. When they dress her up she still looks good.

Something just looks off and I can't put my finger on it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

A New Hope was a mess until the editors half the film industry fixed it.

Let's not understate things here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Sunday's episode of The Librarians, it was kind of weird how they just used the scenes from the test bit for the commercial when it was very little of the episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Speaking of Sunday's episode of The Librarians, it was kind of weird how they just used the scenes from the test bit for the commercial when it was very little of the episode.

The head thing?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the Librarian TV movies with Noah Wyle. How is the TV series?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Super loving cheesy, but fun enough. If you liked the movies, but thought "hey this show needs more cheese" then the show is for you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Something just looks off and I can't put my finger on it.

She's 44 and you're picturing her when she was 28.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

She's 44 and you're picturing her when she was 28.

Her face barely moves when she talks. She's clearly had work done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

If you like the movies you'll most likely enjoy the show.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Like a Donald Trump presidency, the world would be better off if it didn't exist.

Huh? It's a really well made, well written, thought provoking show.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Celebrity gets older, feels pressure to look younger, gets work done, Hollywood news at 11

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Trash Trick posted:

Huh? It's a really well made, well written, thought provoking show.

I'll make a thread for it, if nobody minds. Seems like the kind of thing that deserves its own space, for various reasons.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
It may be something to do with the makeup and cinematography. Christian Kane and Noah Wyle also look a little rough. Like they're six beers deep.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'll make a thread for it, if nobody minds. Seems like the kind of thing that deserves its own space, for various reasons.

The OA . gif

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
O A more like NO A.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only way that Travelers could be more Canadian is if Roger Cross and Ryan Robbins were in it. Maybe a dash of Callum Keith Rennie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The only way that Travelers could be more Canadian is if Roger Cross and Ryan Robbins were in it. Maybe a dash of Callum Keith Rennie.

Gotta save something for season 2 dude.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

I'm two episodes in and honestly this may as well count as a spoiler. Can I assume that Amanda Tapping does show up?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I expect in season 2 we'll see a future sequence of the team in their original bodies and it will be Roger, Ryan, Callu, Amanda and Lexa Doig.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slamhound posted:

I'm two episodes in and honestly this may as well count as a spoiler. Can I assume that Amanda Tapping does show up?

Had no clue who that was but I looked her up, no she's not on the show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Binging through People of Earth right now. I'm really glad it got picked up for a second season because I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Had no clue who that was but I looked her up, no she's not on the show.

There is a Stargate alum on the show though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

Binging through People of Earth right now. I'm really glad it got picked up for a second season because I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

It's really fun and totally overlooked. Nice end to the season, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jared Abrahamson for Jason Todd! He's a competent fighter.

• Locked thread