Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

They already introduced her.

But not anywhere close to finished with her. Just like Sherlock's father has been introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

but I kinda wonder what's going on with Luke Cage and Bloodline.

Luke Cage is probably going to be Oct - Dec release. That's around when DD and JJ released their S1s iirc.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Snak posted:

How is The Americans so good?!

A strong wig game? The superiority of Mother Russia?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Philip's wig game is much better though. I do agree with all points that Elizabeth's breakdown when the Soviet Union comes apart should be amazing.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

I wish that SCREAM would sometimes remember it was a slasher show. At least SLASHER knew they had to kill people.

I'm 6 episodes into S2 and unless there's someone I'm forgetting, so far exactly 2 people have been killed, and one of those is a character that no one knows. Another did just have their hand sawn off and the wound cauterised with an iron though, that was suitably nasty.

Generally I just wish this show was better. But it suffers from having some real dull and poorly written/acted leads. It's only really the peripheral characters who work right now. Hell even the slutty character who you're sure is going to die all the time is generally better acted than the lead, who reacts to everything in more or less the same way.

The worst thing is knowing that I'm going to see it through. Thus far though none of these slasher shows have reached the heights of HARPER'S ISLAND.

From what I've read, the creative team changed from S1 to S2 and you can really tell. S1 had someone die like every other episode at the slowest. I'm really hoping it doesn't get a third season, but will continue to watch if it does.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

wormil posted:

I like Lethal Weapon but I can see already it's going to settle into generic buddy cop show.

That's fine, seeing as it is on Fox it'll be a one and done show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Snak posted:

So I finally watched the Exorcist season finale. It finished pretty strong. There were some legit great moments in the finale.

It was only a 10 episode season (which seems to be a trend now, and a pretty good one), but honestly it should have been like, six. A lot of the meandering, lower-stakes stuff just wasn't very interesting and didn't work from a pacing perspective.

As far as I know, there's basically no chance it will be renewed, which is fine. While left open for a second season, the main story is concluded well.

I felt like a lot of the slow stuff was fleshing out bits for the structure of the possessed group and wouldn't need to be done in a follow on season. So necessary slow bits. Too bad about the low renewal chances, I really liked it.

• Locked thread