Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's taken me like a month to get to e7 of Jessica Jones, and the climactic scene... god, what a disappointment. The dialogue was unbelievably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

One of my best friends was working on that project :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watched the pilot of Shannara. Once you get over some of the CW/MTV teen drama bullshit, it's pretty watchable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

HIMYM came close at times to giving Lily and Robin funny stuff to do.

I always felt those plots were weak though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

Apparently the season cost $150 mil for 13 episodes so I hope it does very well if they want six seasons.

less laughter posted:

The $150 mil is for 60, not 13
Yeah neither House of Cards nor Game of Thrones cost that much.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

Sometimes hype is right. It is a consistently entertaining show. In many ways it's similar to Northern Exposure, which as I'm sure you remember is a show I will never shut up about the brilliance of.
I always get Northern Exposure confused with Due South.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Mozart in the Jungle is really forgettable.
The Golden Globes are really forgettable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha, did they honestly think it was going to be a good idea to revive it in the first place?
Comic book movies are doing so well, let's revive our comic book TV show!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

I actually can't blame NBC for giving Heroes another go, since superhero movies and TV shows have become inescapable ever since the original show got canceled. It would have been nice to see them actually do something different with the genre, or even slightly improve things from the old show. Nope, same old crap. I thought Comcast was going to turn things around at NBC, but it continues to fall flat on its face every season. Meanwhile, Zucker is doing the impossible: under his watch, CNN's viewership numbers have increased. What the hell is going on?
Trump

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Netflix better up their game, all they're gonna have left is their own shows.
Except this is literally what they're trying to do.

You'd make a great network TV exec.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

I got bummed when Holloway's last show was canceled so I'm hesitant to start watching Colony.
Intelligence was a bad show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Who gets totally naked and stands up to jerk off lmao has Ryan Murphy ever seen human sexuality before?
That's how he jerks off please don't kink shame

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Like upon reflection yeah maybe he was already naked but loving why is he standing up wouldn't that be hella uncomfortable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCW10ZwUlwc

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm gonna catch up on SO much TV this weekend while playing the new season of Diablo 3.

12 Monkeys, Masters of Sex, Halt and Catch Fire... might even finally watch Manhattan.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

X-O posted:

Everyone should be warned that any show that comes from Freeform is really just ABC Family, which is a sign of it not being any good.
Speaking of which, they keep runnning ads for it on the WatchESPN stream for the Australian Open. It never once occurred to me to be an ad for a TV channel, much less ABC Family, and the name Freeform is clearly the result of some marketing exec who doesn't know jack poo poo doing focus groups about millenials and what not.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Poor Josh Lyman got himself autobanned trying to make an OP for it.

He must have used the HOT tag.
That's exactly what happened. I've been a member since 2003 and never used it before, so it didn't even cross my mind that it could be a problem. Worst part is I lost Platinum and Archives. :smith:

I should have gone with FLAME. :negative:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

From the Wikipedia entry for Lucifer, under "Cast and Characters:"

Rachael Harris[10] as Linda Martin: Lucifer's therapist
She was in the pilot. :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Lucifer EP is Jerry Bruckheimer. Isn't he the EP for all of the CSI shows? If that's the case good luck thinking it will be anything but a cop procedural with Lucifer helping out.
LOL if you think a non-showrunner EP does anything but collect paychecks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Carter has gone on record saying he doesn't plan poo poo out. He enjoys making it up as he goes along. That's one reason his Amazon show wasn't picked up. The execs wanted a bible showing where the show was going over 5 seasons. He said no, and they made their decision.
It's almost like he's a poo poo showrunner.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There's an inherent assumption that atheists are also "scientific", and any atheist who doesn't understand the scientific method and why science believes the things it does (this is different from religion's non-evidence-based belief) is an atheist as much as ISIS are Muslims or the Atlanta Olympic bomber is a Christian.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Black Sails has really upped their special effects game this season. The ship stuff has gone from laughable in the first season to movie quality in the third.

Edit: Also a surprising amount of the drama on the show centers around homosexual relationships.
Seaman and semen aren't homophone for no reason.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What was the show where a girl said "My dad died because I had amazing sex"?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Now I feel like I have to watch the first seasons of Secret Life and Pretty Little Liars before embarking on watching Gilmore Girls.

edit: Also the first half of this season of Once Upon a Time.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 1, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fateo McMurray posted:

I watched like the first two episodes of this current season then lost interest entirely. Too bad, show was really good for a time.
But the first season is worth watching?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks it's remarkable they actually released 30 movies from Oct 2009 - December 2010?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Snak posted:

I really liked the first season of The Flash, and I really hate this season so far.

What's the point of Barry's fake girlfriend finding out that he's the flash if they're just going to "break up" and he's going to get a new girlfriend so they can do all the plots where Barry's girlfriend doesn't know he's The Flash AGAIN!!!?!?!?!?! Fuch you show, you loving suck and your writers should feel bad.
Lol if you expected an different from a CW show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sober posted:

The 100 tho

iZombie tho

Jane the Virgin tho

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend tho

(yeah I'm just listing off good CW shows. hell I might even say Reign)
Are you telling me those shows don't have repetitious romance plots designed to irritate everyone except 12-29 year olds??

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jon Do posted:

I've been trying to figure out which semi-educational stuff is worth getting. So far my list is Cosmos, Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey, The Universe, Amazing Planet, Blue Planet, and Through the Wormhole

They're all crap that a HS teacher might put on a TV, but not bad to veg to. Points for good CG or photography.
Through the wormhole is not just bad, it's bad science.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

smg77 posted:

AV Club and Sepinwall both said The Leftovers was good. They have yet to apologize.
Leftovers season 2 is one of the best season of TV ever.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How is Fuller gonna do Star Trek AND American Gods?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

That has never been the case for a Bryan Fuller show.
:thejoke:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I've always wondered about that too. @Midnight definitely cuts out jokes as you can see the scores change wildly between cuts sometimes. I assume because some jokes are too dirty to air and whatnot, but if they prewrite most of their material wouldn't those jokes get nixed prior to taping?

It's obviously not entirely improv, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out there's a bit of both going on.
I think it's pretty obvious that jokes are cut for being too poo poo, not too dirty.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Makes me wonder if I should wait for next week's finale before deciding whether to watch these last 2. Only ep 3 has been worth my time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched the first 2 eps of Master of None when it released and just marathoned the rest tonight.

This loving show is so on point.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm a couple of episodes after the assassination attempt. He's still not woken up.
It's all the tropes from Grey's Anatomy turned up to 11.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ravane posted:

Man, they really only had one good episode of X-Files.
Yeah, not worth it. Just like the Heroes reboot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Expanse is good. The thread is not.

If you don't like it after episode 4, you can stop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A lot of :cry: from the networks because Netflix won't release viewership numbers: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/18/business/media/disruption-by-netflix-irks-tv-foes.html

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's Sarah Shahi so you know it'll be a SEXY Nancy Drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

blue squares posted:

The thing about Supergirl is that, uh, she's pretty hot
Does that mean we should be watching Quantico?

• Locked thread