Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The show was 80s/90s cheesy as gently caress so I don't get it either.

Rather see another Quantum Leap season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

JohnSherman posted:

Daytime TV is filled with reruns of cheesy as gently caress 80s/90s shows. You're not supposed to get it because you're not the kind of person Netflix is banking on watching it.

Who is it geared towards other than people who grew up on the original show?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

even with knowing that, considering the literal only reason i tried it in the first place was the people talking endlessly about it in this thread, the pilot was so bad, in so many different ways, i sincerely doubt i could ever take the show seriously

That's why you are a dumbass.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

If he loses a bet, it won't be a great show like The 100. It will be Sister Wives or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The Expanse has been renewed for season 2. I've been enjoying the show so I'm glad it'll be back.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

The first season was awesome, but then it kinda got ridiculous and stupid like Dexters later seasons

How dare you. While Prison Break got crazy, it was never not entertaining.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I disagree. Season 2 was much better.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Suave and hipsterish are nothing close to describing him. More like greasy pedo mustache man.

Agreed, the guy was loving gross looking.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dick Van Dyke & Mary Tyler Moore.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah the threads were pretty popular. The episode where that last character you mentioned died, was on 9/11 which I never have forgotten.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Your Google-fu is extremely lacking and you should be ashamed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm sure this will be an excellent discussion.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I loved Trigun when I was a teenager.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

smg77 posted:

The poll and results has been great...job well done you two.

I don't hate myself to watch any more of the Leftovers than I've already seen but I guess I'll have to go check out Jessica Jones (I think those were the only two top ten shows I haven't watched). If I've never read a comic book in my life am I going to be missing out or does the show do a good enough job introducing viewers to its lore/story?

You'll miss out on some references to Avengers and Daradevil but nothing you'll notice and I wouldn't even worry about.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

blue squares posted:

Wow, Sense8 is so unrealistic. In the first episode, a black child pulls a gun on a white cop and the white cop just stares at him

In Chicago no less.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

As a reminder, Shannara premiers tonight so we'll see if it's more or less cheesy than Legend of the Seeker.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Everything I've read about it says the first episode is a huge info dump.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

I thought it was based on some time travelling harlequin romance novels?

Yes, it is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

We need a Z-Nation version of GoT.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sober posted:

Wait, I won't catch it until I get home, but is Shannara a GOT style book adaptation or a Legend of the Seeker style adaptation? I thought it was the former.

Same and I haven't watched it yet. Sitting on the DVR for this weekend.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a live action Star Wars show in the works?

Yeah when Lucas was running things. Apparently the scripts were too expensive to shoot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

I wonder if the 10 hojillion dollars TFA is making is going to alter that calculus.

They probably shitcanned all the scripts anyways.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

There is a thread, corn in the bible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zoux posted:

Goons turning on a show? What is it already in it's third season?

You gotta hate it before it's cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Oh boy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tanners-reunite-new-fuller-house-852868

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Castle has gotten really loving bad in this last season unfortunately. Isn't the Bones crew still suing Fox or did they end?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Fooz posted:

I tried watching the expanse ep1 but it didn't seem good when does it get good?

I thought it was good, so maybe it's not up your alley.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

About as excited for a Mad About You reunion.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Under the Dome was a national treasure and it needed another season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Too many god drat streaming services.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

You mean like Yahoo did?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Netflix better up their game, all they're gonna have left is their own shows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It would be pretty sweet if I had access to CBS All Access since I pay for CBS already via Dish.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I agree with that. I have a few friends who watch all their CW programming on Netflix and once it's gone, they're done.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Snak posted:

At this rate what will happen is that the networks that pull their shows from Netflix and then fail to get their own streaming services off the ground will then have to come crawling back to Netflix with Netflix now having the upper hand in contract negotiation.

Fingers crossed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Plus it's drat cheap if you have an .edu email address.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I got bummed when Holloway's last show was canceled so I'm hesitant to start watching Colony.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

In case anyone thinks you're kidding, that is literally the plot of Debt of Honor/Executive Orders.

The only good one is King Ralph.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also this is the best news:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-greenlights-prison-break-event-856203

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

yeah. this was a necessary reboot. there were so many unanswered questions i had about loving prison break. there was so little prison break available that demanded, no required, a continuation of the grand narrative

I'm glad you agree.

• Locked thread