Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjGhKlLaCjA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

FF4 I think. Magnetic cave or something.

Ya I remember it too it was definitely a FF game.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Yes it was FF4. You fight the Dark Elf at the end, which recycles / updates the sprite for Astos, the false Elf King from the Abandoned Castle from FF1.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

beepstreet posted:

Yes it was FF4. You fight the Dark Elf at the end, which recycles / updates the sprite for Astos, the false Elf King from the Abandoned Castle from FF1.

ah, thats why i was thinking it was the first game, in my head.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

C-Euro posted:

I think someone mentioned it earlier but Snowpeak Manor in Twilight Princess is the only good ice dungeon.

-Main dungeon gimmick based around cooking.
-Get a rad ball and chain.
-Your reward is solving marital issues.

This one was good, I loved getting that soup and knowing it would be better and better the further i got.

The Dollhouse in Shadow Hearts 1 2 and 3, a cool spooky little sidequest for some sweet equips. The way the game makes each screen seem like a cutout from Resident Evil was pretty neat, and a totally monstrous boss for each one was nice too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Minish Cap is such a drat good game

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Wormskull posted:

I'm sure some other MMOs did it before though but, I didn't play those.

Everquest is super dated and objectively not a good game, but it did some neat stuff back in the day. The open world dungeons (instancing didn't exist back then!) were not good from a game perspective, but there was something fascinating about finding and exploring them for the first time.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I played on the test server. It was pretty neat but occasionally we'd get stuck and unable to recover our corpses because the server population was so low

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack
Booster Tower is one of my favs. So much variety and stuff to find.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
There was a dungeon called the garden of illusion in baten kaitos eternal winds and the lost ocean where it had a gimmick with putting water in balances to change the layout of rooms as well as non Euclidean architecture where you walk on walls and ceilings.

Then it gets real trippy with a basement area that reverts the game to a top down 2d 16bit style.

And the whole reason you're there in the first place it's too score some mirage weed.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
void quest in persona 4

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The Temple of Trials in Fallout 2.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

void quest in persona 4

void quest and black frost, hell yea

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

FF4 I think. Magnetic cave or something.

Ahh thanks. I think there was another dungeon in BoFIII where it had a mini effect on the party?
I guess any dungeon that fucks with the player is pretty good in my book :shobon:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

godDAMN it's like I've been attacked by gaming feels. This song is on level with Chrono Trigger. I can't remember poo poo about this game except that it owned. I gotta replay it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao. also drat this game looks good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love Minish Cap, the final boss fight is super fun.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Breetai posted:

The Temple of Trials in Fallout 2.

Trolling is illegal here

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

Trolling is illegal here

His spoon is too big, so cut him some slack.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The two Lanryu dungeons in Skyward Sword. Also Ori has a cool dungeon all about walking on walls and ceilings.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bolverkur posted:

lmao. also drat this game looks good

It is seriously gorgeous.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
The only dumb thing about Minish Cap was the kinstones, and those were pretty optional iirc. Lovely game.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I agree with Durlag's Tower, Jabu Jabu's Belly Chrono Trigger dungeons being really cool.

This is a lot like another thread where someone also mentioned the item world in Disgaea. I thought that was fun, going into items and powering them up from the inside. It felt kinda grindy at times but the geo panel mechanic really mixed things up and made some situations either really difficult or really easy once you figured out what to do.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the desert dungeon in paper mario 64 owned

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Super BONK also has a level where youre inside somethings guts. Its not an RPG but its a good game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the underwater/secret agent area from Rayman Legends was a really cool 'dungeon'.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

Super BONK also has a level where youre inside somethings guts. Its not an RPG but its a good game.

Gut dungeons are sweet.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That stage in Ren and Stimpy inside Stimpy's mouth

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

PleasingFungus posted:

The only dumb thing about Minish Cap was the kinstones, and those were pretty optional iirc. Lovely game.

It was waaaaay too short imo, five dungeons is too small for a Zelda game. Yes Wind Waker was also five dungeons but it felt a lot larger, even if you ignore the padding.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Gut dungeons are sweet.

The Yoshi Island frog belly boss, Bowser's Inside Story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought about this dungeon style today while playing Ys Seven: where you see the end of dungeon in the first room and have like 4 or 6 spokes to clear to open up the middle. Ganon's Tower in OoT is the prime example

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

net cafe scandal posted:

Gut dungeons are sweet.

South Park: Stick of Truth when you enter a gay man's rear end. And by enter I mean shrink down and climb inside.

edit: added spoiler tag in case someone hasn't played it yet

Hector Delgado fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 3, 2016

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hector Delgado posted:

South Park: Stick of Truth when you enter a gay man's rear end. And by enter I mean shrink down and climb inside.

edit: added spoiler tag in case someone hasn't played it yet

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell the spoiler tag just makes it an outright better post in general. Thank you.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Gut dungeons are sweet.

The final level of Joe & Mac is the best one. Fighting the devil and his army of langoliers under a t-rex's heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSIQDNyWBQ

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Water Temple :troll:

• Locked thread