Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CRINDY posted:

I was 19, broke and hadn't gone to NYC in a decade in 2011, so there was no way I'd get to the Long Goodbye despite LCD being one of my favorite bands.

This time around I know I'm going to spend a ridiculous sum of money and it is going to be kickin' rad to the tenth degree.

The whole buildup around the show and the movie (AZIZ ANSARI WAS IN THE PIT! THIS FAMOUS PERSON LIKES THE BAND YOU LIKE! ISN'T THAT SO COOL? JAMES MURPHY IS ACTING LIKE HE'S SHOOTING HIS DOG IN THE FACE WHEN HE'S ACTUALLY JUST TAKING A BREAK FROM HIS BAND AND YOU SHOULD FEEL LIKE A PART OF YOU IS DYING!) was always really pretentious for me, though, so I'm happy all the hipsters who WERE THERE are all in a huff about it. LCD's music is mostly about happiness, joy and pursuit of sick jams, and the only dick-measuring is done with tongue firmly in cheek, so gently caress the whole "meaningless reunion" thing. The Pixies owned back when they reunited for the Doolittle tour, and LCD is going to own next year.

Plus I don't have to go to Gov Ball again!

and they didn't get back together randomly in December and get studio time just to do a Christmas song (a very good Christmas song, even if it steals a bit from Bowie's "Five Years"), I'm expecting an EP at worst and a new LP at best

Thats funny because I was also 19 in 2011 and used my student aid refund to buy a floor ticket and tickets to NYC. Its still probably the greatest concert experience I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CRINDY posted:

I was way too harsh there. Those thoughts mostly came up for me after Shut Up was out in theaters. In context of an LCD reunion, the movie suffers in retrospect, depending on how big this thing gets, and right now, it feels like it's going to be pretty drat big.

I hope I didn't come across as a dickhead, the last show was clearly amazing. I straight-up couldn't afford it, but I'm not bitter, or at least I try not to be. I just don't see how people can actually say, and I've seen people say this on other forums, that an LCD reunion is in any way a bad thing.

It's fine. To be honest I kinda feel a little miffed about a reunion since I was at that last show and makes it maybe a little less special, but at the same time I don't think they'll ever do another 3 hour show again with all those songs that they played.

Like when they got back for the encore they played the twin peaks theme lol like what the gently caress??? Pretty awesome

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Very happy to hear that he apologized to people who felt weird about this that also went to the last show like me. I feel a lot better about this tour / album now.

• Locked thread