Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Happy New Year's Eve folks! As the year finally draws to a close and we reflect on an (IMO above-average) year, some of us are probably wondering what poo poo-storms will be unleashed in the year of 2016. Never fear! Make your predictions here!

United States

Either Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders wins the nomination; either would be able to win the presidency.
Donald Trump runs as an independent and (hopefully) completes a massive schism in the GOP in the process.
The economy remains relatively stable as things currently seem as such.
Sometime, somewhere, an unarmed black man is shot by a white policeman.
#BlackLivesMatter attempts to make noise about said cases but is generally unable to create 60s-style race riots (to the relief of almost everyone else)
The Patriots nearly make it to the Superbowl. Somebody else wins; I won't care unless those pesky Mannings are involved.
We continue to bomb the poo poo out of ISIS. Possibility of ending Daesh in 2016 remains.
Batman vs Superman is a massive critical flop to exactly nobody's surprise. As is anything Pixar-related. Or Angry Birds. Or anything really.
Donald Trump either loses his poo poo massively come November or is revealed to be a secret Democrat agent. Coin-toss.
More school shootings and subsequent gun-control flailings to absolutely poo poo effect.

United Kingdom

David Cameron still hosed a dead pig. Something should happen.
The Queen's husband finally kicks the bucket. Or Murdoch.

Russia

poo poo finally starts to mount against Putin. And maybe in more ways than one.
Turkey declares war on Russia (or vice versa)
Russia continues to bomb Syrian civilians to absolutely nobody's surprise.
Massive riots occur at the elections this time around.
More anti-western rhetoric and tensions continue to rise.

China

Great Economic Collapse; Mass Hysteria
China stops being smug about it's sea claims and may be forced to fold.
Beijing becomes nigh-uninhabitable; the capital is moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Your posting will continue to be bad.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

It's gonna sound like this right here, click this for my hot track right here:

https://youtu.be/Mz8P8D8MdNU?t=24m58s

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
god willing, your PC's processor

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Either Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders wins the nomination

*riiiiing* Hello, CIA here. Grouchio thanks to your stunning prognostication, we'd like to offer you a job, dependent on obtaining security clearance

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remind me again how you guys make new threads that don't suck?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Venezuela

South American deathsquads make a re-appearance for the new millenium

Syria

The clubbing scene in Damascus will not improve much

Israel

Olmert will serve time

China

Economic slowburn that will be blamed on America, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea

America

Millions of union jobs will be lost as a result of the economic slowburn from China. Mass layoffs at railroads; mines; and all the manufacturing industries which support the infrastructure and logics of resource extraction, transportation, and exportation. Rural America will continue to go to hell in a handbasket, driving up turnout for 2016 and threatening Democratic hold of traditional semi-rural blue states. Due to America still being less poo poo than anywhere else in the world, foreign money will keep flowing into our cities, resulting in economic growth for the greater Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles areas, as airports continue to facilitate foreign capital's arrival.

Should a Democrat win the 2016 general, this'd put Rahm Emanuel in a prime position for a cabinet-level appointment.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Remind me again how you guys make new threads that don't suck?

Research a topic people would want to talk about, make a post that is at least relatively informative/guides to additional resources, and start discussion with a question

I mean come on man was this thread intended to be comical or what

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jagchosis posted:

Research a topic people would want to talk about, make a post that is at least relatively informative/guides to additional resources, and start discussion with a question

I mean come on man was this thread intended to be comical or what
I literally wrote this on a whim @2am, should've known to have put this in GBS instead...

Sorry everyone.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Now now, there's no reason we can't also make random stabs in the dark.

United States

Someone is elected president
Everyone continues being racist as all poo poo
More people shoot each other and people blame everything but guns under threat of being branded with a big "L" for "liberal"
Not enough rich people die
I become a bigger alcoholic

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
United States

Wal-Mart continues to deliver great bargains

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

black lives matter continues to make people meltdown in uspol abuot traffic delays

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

migf will advocate for genocide in 2016 #boldprediction #outthere #killyoureparents

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

a bomb will blow up *this* year

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I thought LF wasn't ever coming back.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'd be very excited if the Queen kicked Rupert Murdoch.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Hitler B. Natural posted:

I thought LF wasn't ever coming back.

Shhhhh Shhhh SHHHHH mods are listening.

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

Hopefully, your computer

e: goddammit ljb

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

There will be a big stock market type thing also something environmental. You read it here first!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i'm going to go out on a massive limb here and say that op will somehow stop being breathtakingly clueless and awkward this year

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i'm going to go out on a massive limb here and say that op will somehow stop being breathtakingly clueless and awkward this year
All help is much appreciated.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think everything will turn out good and fine this year :)

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
-people that rely on guns as a part of their personal identity will be outraged at a law that creates a minor nuisance and proclaim it to be literally fascism

-people will continue to handwring over whether it is OK or not to murder black people because of their supernegroid strength

-muslims? need I say more?? smdh

-*farts*

edit:

-blm will do a thing and slightly inconvenience white people and i will enjoy seeing people rage on facebook about the blacks

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Grouchio posted:

I literally wrote this on a whim @2am, should've known to have put this in GBS instead...

Sorry everyone.

Don't apologize, this is a good thread. You'll get more lucid responses here rather than 'cuck' or 'bangin ur mom OP' in GBS. It's just DnD being DnD.

Personally, betting it all on more mass shootings in America.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Also, a culturally prediction:

Someone, somewhere, in a galaxy far, far, away, long ago, will blow up a fourth Death Stat.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

My Imaginary GF posted:

Should a Democrat win the 2016 general, this'd put Rahm Emanuel in a prime position for a cabinet-level appointment.

The 18% of his constituents who aren't actively calling for Rahm's resignation will probably be very sad to see him go!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

The 18% of his constituents who aren't actively calling for Rahm's resignation will probably be very sad to see him go!

Those 18% of his constituents bundled over 36% of Obama's contributions. They're who you should be listening to, especially on matters concerning commerce.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
It really is a pity that we let some of the normal people who were effected by Rahm's terrible policies actually have a say in whether he should continue at his job. Imagine how much better things would be if presidential bagmen were the only ones who got to vote.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

It really is a pity that we let some of the normal people who were effected by Rahm's terrible policies actually have a say in whether he should continue at his job. Imagine how much better things would be if presidential bagmen were the only ones who got to vote.

What cha got against Reggie?

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Helsing posted:

1 dollar 1 vote will be the first policy of the Trump Administration

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

If they call it the Fair Vote, millions of imbeciles will support it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Trent posted:

If they call it the Fair Vote, millions of imbeciles will support it.

Just couch the rhetoric around how it'll let those with actual stake in the country better affect policy and it'll keep those welfare queens from voting for more free stuff and it'll sail right through.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 3, 2016

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
CRISPR-Cas9 will cause another moral panic over genetic engineering

(there are serious ethical discussions to be had, but i expect it to be blown out of proportion and then - in the west - legislated into the ground)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

You joke but the idea of restricting the franchise to land owners has a lot of appeal in the sewers of the GOP base.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Was kinda thinking your op would deal with actual things being blown up by people who want to see 9/11 in 4k.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 2, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh, and more wide scale damage due to climate change, especially with island nations and other places most vulnerable to climate change like with the recent flooding in Illinois.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

coffeetable posted:

CRISPR-Cas9 will cause another moral panic over genetic engineering

(there are serious ethical discussions to be had, but i expect it to be blown out of proportion and then - in the west - legislated into the ground)

Soon, it won't just be Chinese students coming to Oxbridge the Ivies and then going back home, it will be British students getting educated at Oxbridge and Ivies and then going to China :v:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
MIGF will overtake Black Baby Goku and move to #6 on the list of most ignored users.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The SNP will win a majority in the Scottish Parliament and the Tories will be the second largest party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Venomous posted:

The SNP will win a majority in the Scottish Parliament and the Tories will be the second largest party.

Furthermore, the PLP will wonder why Scotch Labour A Trademark of London Labour is still so unsuccessful

• Locked thread