Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mysterious loyall X posted:

alright, since we're on the subject, is time the same in monster world as it is in the real world? because if the passage of time is the same in monster realm and overworld realm, edge is technically marrying a 6 year old.

Pretty sure it flows at a faster rate or something, I'm pretty sure Rydia actually aged ten or fifteen years or whatever while down there in the week or so between her leaving and rejoining the party. Could be wrong.

It's a moot point though since Edge never taps that poo poo and probably dies a virgin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I wish quina was better because I wanted to use the big retard in the chef hat with the whazaaap tongue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if you make her eat one billion frogs in the swamp she can deal 9999 damage to anybody on command

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Why isn't this fag0t banned
It seems redundant to ban a severely owned man.

This post was NOT signed!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

I wish quina was better because I wanted to use the big retard in the chef hat with the whazaaap tongue
The Insomnia passive ability can prevent her Night spell from putting your own characters to sleep when it sleeps the entire field.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I have some heavy nostalgia for this game, it was one of my first real RPGs (I was a poor kid so I got a PS1 way late and got games hella out of order). I was such a dumbshit even though the game warns you that a place is like anti-magic bullshit I still went my default team of Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet lol.

Plus I kept trying to use Garnet even when she was being all emo and refusing to cast spells properly.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i remember trying to make that rat girl and quina part of my team but i gave up on quina bc she required too much effort to be made useful, the ratgirl was really good though, if i recall she got a re-raise self-buff extremely early which was kinda cool. I really hated how the red haired amaranth guy looked so i never even put him on my team once.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I rotated my team on the reg.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

i remember getting owned in that dungeon that gives you loads of cool new stuff and then powers up the boss if you go into the fight wearing any of it

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

also ff9 had some cool music and i liked playing some of the songs in theatrhythm

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ive never played FF9 but i have heard through the gaming rumor mill that it is better than FF8 and FF10

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

the whole learning abilities from wearing specific equipment thing was very cool, don't think I've seen that in another game since.

Dec 26, 2012

skull wall posted:

the whole learning abilities from wearing specific equipment thing was very cool, don't think I've seen that in another game since.

ffta

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what minigame does ffix have and is it as epic as blitzball

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chocobo Hot and Cold and no.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

will they speed the battles up?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And the second one.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

In Training posted:

Chocobo Hot and Cold and no.

And that awful card game with rules that make no sense.

I love 9 a whole lot but the sidegames are not great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I forgot about that fake Triple Triad. Was it tetra something

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The coin game in X-2 is the most win card game thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sphere break is fun yeah. I've read you can get some insanely unbalanced progression in FFVIII if you play a lot of Triple Triad early which sounds cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

skull wall posted:

Lost Odyssey did it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wtf chocobo hot cold is awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wtf chocobo hot cold is awesome.

Yeah it's really good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Sphere break is fun yeah. I've read you can get some insanely unbalanced progression in FFVIII if you play a lot of Triple Triad early which sounds cool

You prob get more early on by turning specific enemies into cards rather than trying to play for them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One summer I watched a YouTube of ulilila breaking ff8 and I copied some of what he did and destroyed the game. I didn't follow him exactly because he was just attacking the same enemies over and over again 1000s of times just to see the numbers pop out of their heads.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

One summer I watched a YouTube of ulilila breaking ff8 and I copied some of what he did and destroyed the game. I didn't follow him exactly because he was just attacking the same enemies over and over again 1000s of times just to see the numbers pop out of their heads.

That's chill.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Proud Rat Mom wants to gently caress her.

i was grossed out by this post bc thought you meant the rat chick in the game until i realized that was someone's username so your OK by me, friend

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

In Training posted:

Yeah, an infamous one I remember is that you can get the Seifer card really early, and then it goes like

1 Seifer Card refines to 3 Diamond Armors
1 Diamond Armor refines to 50 Cottages
1 Cottage refines to 20 Curaga spells

so you can get enough Curagas to max out the entire party's HP with a bunch of Cottages and 2 pieces of really good armor for that point in the game left over. The whole system is really fun to play around with.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Herpes. posted:

Yeah, an infamous one I remember is that you can get the Seifer card really early, and then it goes like

1 Seifer Card refines to 3 Diamond Armors
1 Diamond Armor refines to 50 Cottages
1 Cottage refines to 20 Curaga spells

so you can get enough Curagas to max out the entire party's HP with a bunch of Cottages and 2 pieces of really good armor for that point in the game left over. The whole system is really fun to play around with.

Here's a better thing to do instead of destroying the best cards in the game: buy tents with your free seed money.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why Buy A Cottage When Powdered Tents Are So Cheap

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Here's a better thing to do instead of destroying the best cards in the game: buy tents with your free seed money.

Or I guess that too lol.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I Want To Be Your Canary

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i think ffix has the best world map theme in the series.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

It also sounds really good when you speed it up 25 or 50 percent.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

Especially on Disc 4. Also it has my favorite world map.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's really good. I didn't realize how much I liked it until Theatrythm.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love how there's always airships visible on the world map. It makes it feel more alive

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I first played this game in 2011 on psn while watching The Big Lebowski like 6 times in a row, so whenever I think about FF9 my mind goes to the Bowski.

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
has anyone made an ozma joke yet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread