Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

gently caress, dude. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Finally had time to work on my workbench

seems like the HF 44" chest 18" add-on never goes on sale, nor is eligible for the 20% off coupons. I think it would fit perfectly and leave enough room for my shopvac.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

leica posted:

Holy poo poo, is she a smoker?

Sorry man, that sucks.

She hit 26 years tobacco free the day after Christmas

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Aw poo poo I didn't mean to have cause for a gently caress 2016 thing on the second loving page

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Tusen Takk posted:

Aw poo poo I didn't mean to have cause for a gently caress 2016 thing on the second loving page

I know me might not be on great terms, but im so sorry dude. i hope it goes as well as i can.

Hils din mor god bedring, og godt nyttår

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

I know me might not be on great terms, but im so sorry dude. i hope it goes as well as i can.

Hils din mor god bedring, og godt nyttår

Tusen takk bror, jeg vil og du også

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

drat TT sorry to hear that. I am gonna do various drugs that are out of your system on 2 days in your honor tonight.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

drat TT sorry to hear that. I am gonna do various drugs that are out of your system on 2 days in your honor tonight.

The first piss-post of the new year! :D

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I try not to be sappy, but gently caress it....

It's not yet 2016 here, and I'm about to go to bed because I'm home alone with the youngest (1yo) without his mom (whom is working a night shift to pull in a little extra $$), and he's not going to like that.

I just wanted to say - there will be ups and there will be downs. 2015 did pretty well for me, I'm hoping 2016 is more of the same.

AI, you crack me up and you break my heart (TT, let us know if/how we can help). BUT, you're (mostly) all a bunch of rad dudes. I hope the lows are not too bad, and the highs are loving breathtaking. Just in case, get (SAC to) splash some water on your face, hug someone you love and we'll be here for you.

I'LL SEE YOU DICKHEADS IN THE FUTURE!
:glomp:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sitting on my computer getting drunk and playing video games just like every other night since the semester ended

i realize to some this sounds good but as a counterpoint: no

happy new years its loving boring

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

She hit 26 years tobacco free the day after Christmas

Fuckin sucks dude.

Parents being sick blows. I lost my dad when I was 11, and my mom is now sick also. loving blows.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This 80s cover band doesn't have a keytar and that's total bullshit

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat Tusen Takk, sorry to hear about your mom, best of luck to her.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Parents being sick blows. I lost my dad when I was 11, and my mom is now sick also. loving blows.

Wow I can't imagine my son losing me at that age, I hope I stick around at least until he's an adult and can deal with it better :smith:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm sorry about your mom TT. That's pretty much the shittiest holiday news. I hope that they can do something for her.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Sorry to hear about your mom TT. :(

My new years eve so far consists of watching an AHL game online with my wife. After this, I think we're going to bed, long day today up in Yosemite playing in the snow. Kids are already out... No complaints. See you cats on the flip side in the a.m.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Merry New Year!

Sorry TT

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 1, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Wow I can't imagine my son losing me at that age, I hope I stick around at least until he's an adult and can deal with it better :smith:

Yep. 3 days before Christmas 98, I was playing ocarina of time and he had went outside to check the air in his tires. Wandered outside cause he was taking awhile, found him on the steps in the middle of a heart attack.

To say it hosed with my life to this day is an understatement.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Welcome to 2016, eastern time zone of the USA.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
poo poo sucks TT. Sorry to hear about it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Yep. 3 days before Christmas 98, I was playing ocarina of time and he had went outside to check the air in his tires. Wandered outside cause he was taking awhile, found him on the steps in the middle of a heart attack.

To say it hosed with my life to this day is an understatement.

That sucks man. I was never really close with my parents, my dad left at a young age and wasn't around much, but if I could go by how it would feel to lose my son it would devastate me. It's gotta be hard to lose parents you are close to at a young age. My wife lost her dad five years ago at 38 and she still has a hard time with it. Sorry you lost your dad man, and I hope your mom gets better soon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh yeah happy new year jerks :unsmith:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I just spent my new years even doing a clutch job while my wife is at the local ski lodge with friends.

FML.

Wait. I'd rather be doing a clutch job then spending time with my wife.

Happy New Years!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

It's still an hour until next year. Happy New Year anyway, since I'm old and may be asleep before it actually gets here.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

the spyder posted:

I just spent my new years even doing a clutch job while my wife is at the local ski lodge with friends.

FML.

Wait. I'd rather be doing a clutch job then spending time with my wife.

Happy New Years!

I spent most of my day in a JY trying to track down a MK1 vw fuel pump relay with my buddy.

All we ended up finding was a shift knob from a diesel rabbit that goes 1234 and then E, but still I took it as a win.

So now I'm back home with the wife and watching Peaky Blinders because we're loving addicted to it :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Shoutouts to starting the year off sad as hell :smith:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fireworks have only been legal for a few years now in Phoenix, so I'm still getting used to the fact that it has sounded like drat near constant gunfire all around my house for the last four hours.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Fireworks have only been legal for a few years now in Phoenix, so I'm still getting used to the fact that it has sounded like drat near constant gunfire all around my house for the last four hours.

It's not legal where I am, but that doesn't stop anybody. I don't understand why Arizonans are so law-abiding in this respect.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Nodoze posted:

Shoutouts to starting the year off sad as hell :smith:

Requesting that we at least let the whole world enter the new year before we kick off Pity Party 2016

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Merry Christmas you assholes!

oh wait a sec

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's not legal where I am, but that doesn't stop anybody. I don't understand why Arizonans are so law-abiding in this respect.

Wildfire country means you respect these bans. Even the hardcore gang members in socal follow the fireworks ban.
Also, you will get federally hosed if you start a fire.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When they were illegal (for as long as I have been alive until just a few years ago) the closest place that I'm aware of you could go and buy fireworks was Mexico. That's a fair drive from the Phoenix area, and combined with the obvious fire danger in a dry desert, it was just never a 'thing' here when I was growing up. There were always a few folks who had them from trips to Montana or wherever that they were legal, but just not a huge bunch of people.

If there was a place much closer where they were legally available then I'm sure they would have been a lot more common.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tusen Takk posted:

You didn't. It made the first page.

Also,

IOwnCalculus posted:

gently caress, dude. :(

:smith:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Wildfire country means you respect these bans. Even the hardcore gang members in socal follow the fireworks ban.
Also, you will get federally hosed if you start a fire.

This. Even on July 4th you barely hear any that aren't from sanctioned events.

My dogs appreciate it.

Also, nm, where did you move from?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

When they were illegal (for as long as I have been alive until just a few years ago) the closest place that I'm aware of you could go and buy fireworks was Mexico. That's a fair drive from the Phoenix area, and combined with the obvious fire danger in a dry desert, it was just never a 'thing' here when I was growing up. There were always a few folks who had them from trips to Montana or wherever that they were legal, but just not a huge bunch of people.

If there was a place much closer where they were legally available then I'm sure they would have been a lot more common.

Yeah, all of this. Getting your hands on fireworks before the ban was lifted involved some serious long distance travel. Since so few people did it, if you lit some off in public there was a decent chance you would actually get caught.

Now that they have been sold in every loving street corner, Target, and Walmart for the past 72 hours, you can't tell when one person's racket stops and the next begins.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

poo poo. I have probably $100 worth of fireworks I never got to use on the 4th of July. Can't set them off inside of city limits. :sigh:

It was tempting to use some of them tonight, but I know drat well my next door neighbor will have the cops here almost instantly.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Happy New year everyone.

Just popped a bottle of champagne, waiting on this episode to stop so then I can go to bed :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

iwentdoodie posted:

This. Even on July 4th you barely hear any that aren't from sanctioned events.

My dogs appreciate it.

Also, nm, where did you move from?

When?
Most recently, I left the IE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

When?
Most recently, I left the IE.

Where from, if you don't mind? I live on the edge of the IE (Temecula/Murrieta)

It's the most desolate place I've ever lived as far as poo poo to do. Everything is drive to LA or SD.

• Locked thread